JL Wrangler Front Windshield Defrost: Please file NHTSA Vehicle Safety Complaint

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
If I may ask a practical question...

wtf_01.gif
:LOL::like: that is a wiper from a 1940's Willys. The original jeep. It goes through the top of the windshield frame. You grab the handle and move it back and forth to wipe the rain off the windshield.

That was before all the fancy schmancy super high tech stuff like ELECTRIC powered wipers, a defroster and doors....

Now.... GET OFF MY LAWN! :CWL:
Advertisement

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL::like: that is a wiper from a 1940's Willys. The original jeep. It goes through the top of the windshield frame. You grab the handle and move it back and forth to wipe the rain off the windshield.

That was before all the fancy schmancy super high tech stuff like ELECTRIC powered wipers, a defroster and doors....

Now.... GET OFF MY LAWN! :CWL:
Go easy on me... I thought you were gonna tell me weren't gonna do Stonehenge tonight.
And I'm only............ 51! ;)

Nc138

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2021
OP
OP
Mabar

Mabar

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
Winter is coming soon in the Midwest, so I might as well update this thread

I installed 5/8" square plastic plugs (14 of them) in my defroster vent last winter. This seems to REALLY help the defrost problem! See the attached photo.

DO NOT try to insert these plugs into the 3 larger holes on the left and right. See arrows. These plugs will fall through the 3 larger holes on each side.

I got them from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YSG2JB4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you look closely at the photo, I arranged the plugs and spaced them symmetrically. They almost look like they came this way from the factory.

Very happy with them.

Mabar

JL-Wrangler-defroster-14-plugs.jpg

Last edited:

four low

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks for clarifying where they go, I went outboard of where they should have been, and gave up when 1 dropped through.
Will try again, just in time for Winter now

Advertisement

Extreme Terrain

Advertisement