Sponsored

JL Wrangler FAQ and Answers From the LA Show Debut

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I saw nothing about it on the option sheet. I hope I get red, but grey wouldn't be terrible.
Not really an "option" since it seems to be tied to the color of your seats. Black=Red Dash, Tan=Silver Dash.
Sponsored

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
Also, was the red jeep in the video fitted with 35" tires? Were any of the jeeps at the show? And if so, were they also lifted or were they stock height?

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Also, was the red jeep in the video fitted with 35" tires? Were any of the jeeps at the show? And if so, were they also lifted or were they stock height?
The Mojito definitely had 35's, but it also had a 2 inch lift.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
According to the stand next to the yellow rubicon it was stock height with stock 33ā€™s

But the sign also said it had the power top which we all know isnā€™t right so who knows

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Not really an "option" since it seems to be tied to the color of your seats. Black=Red Dash, Tan=Silver Dash.
That's what I thought, but so much info seems to be fluid right now. Hopefully, FCA will clear some things up in the coming days.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Any word on when weā€™ll see an online configurator?

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

Phynal

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU HR
The video is awesome. Quick question for those who have experience ordering "dual" top option. Does the hard top sit on top of a soft top frame? Or do you get the soft top and all the associated parts in some box for you to figure out at home? From the video it looks like the soft top travels in some sort of channel frame.
On the JK, the soft top is bolted to the roll bars in back and folded up. Wrapped in a cover, too. It sits nicely under the hard top. The window rails were in a box in the cargo area.

During one of the JL videos, the FCA guy disconnected the soft top frame from the rails, and laid the soft top assembly down into the side of the tub. So I imagine the JL soft top (when purchased with a dual top) will be delivered the same way as it was on the JK.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The red 2 door rubicon had 33's (std tire size as did the yellow).

I'm beggining to think IF I upgrade to 35's down the road we'll be hard pressed to get them on the standard Rubicon 17x7.5 rim. I think BFG for the 35 inch tire wants at least 8 width on the rim. Anyone know?
Lots of people run 35s on stock wheels. I have never done it but I'm going to give it a try for at least a short while.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Iā€™m also worried about standard AUTOMATIC engine. I donā€™t want the turbo 4.
Jeep, if you want to upsell me to a Rubicon by making the Sport functionally useless, at least let me have the Pentastar..

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You can run the 35's on stock rims. I also think the wider axles allow for 35's without spacers or rims with different backspacing. We'll see for sure, soon!

What's the preferred size for a 35, in metric? 305? 315? When I go to 35's, they will be KO2's, so I'd like to know the subtle difference in sizes. I want load range C or D and as light weight as possible.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
You can run the 35's on stock rims. I also think the wider axles allow for 35's without spacers or rims with different backspacing. We'll see for sure, soon!

What's the preferred size for a 35, in metric? 305? 315? When I go to 35's, they will be KO2's, so I'd like to know the subtle difference in sizes. I want load range C or D and as light weight as possible.
BFG's ALWAYS run smaller than their listed dimensions. Just an FYI.
Sponsored