Key2023Ex

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
Clubs

Does anyone know much about the clutch recall? I read they had the same recall I think in 2020. The dealership can't fix it because the parts aren't available? How serious is this, I'm concerned.
Sponsored

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Since there's no remedy yet, no-one knows what the resolution will be. Speculation is anywhere from a new clutch to a software update. My 2 cents: it seems to be a fairly small percentage of owners with this issue, I'd say statistically you're probably more likely to get in an accident than have your clutch explode.

OP
OP
Key2023Ex

Key2023Ex

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Okay. The mechanic at the dealership basically said the same. I guess I won't worry too much. Since this has been a recall on previous Jeeps, I'm kind of surprised it's still an issue.

TroyMclure

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn
The dealership can't fix it because the parts aren't available?

That's not accurate. The dealership can't fix it because Jeep (or Fiat Or Stellantis or whoever wants to own the Jeep brand these days) has not issued a real fix yet. They are still looking for the cheapest possible way to get out of this terrible and catastrophic clutch design.

I'm kind of surprised it's still an issue.
Why would you be surprised? After a few jeeps burned up, the manufacturer issued 2 anemic recalls - the first one was to put a plastic sleeve on the hydraulic line from the clutch cylinder; the 2nd recall was a laughable firmware change. Neither seemed to fix things, as people were reporting clutch explosions and fires after having both recalls done. There are threads on this site to that effect. There's a facebook page documenting this.

There's a recent lawsuit that Jeep tried to have thrown out, because they said they have evidence their two previous recalls fixed the exploding clutch problem. Now Jeep is being forced to issue a 3rd recall (with a fix to be announced some time in the future), because their previous recalls did not fix the problem.

"The mechanic at the dealership basically said the same."
That's great. Is that mechanic going to pay for damage to your vehicle if the clutch blows up? Is Jeep?

OP
OP
Key2023Ex

Key2023Ex

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Hi,

Thank you for sharing. This sucks.. I'm a new Jeep owner and needless to say I love my Jeep. I don't want to trade it in.....sigh

Sponsored

Sid845

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited V6 manual
I'm facing this clutch issue, is there a after market solution to this, I have called them so many times, I even filed a complaint with the NHTSA. I'm so annoyed by this, I'm never buying a American made car again.

If any of you were able to fix this could you post it on here.
Thanks

Actman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advancedclutch.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKUR, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
President and head cheerleader at ACT
I'm facing this clutch issue, is there a after market solution to this, I have called them so many times, I even filed a complaint with the NHTSA. I'm so annoyed by this, I'm never buying a American made car again.

If any of you were able to fix this could you post it on here.
Thanks
Many have reported great results with the ACT p.n. JP6-HDSS. The Centerforce II has been out a little longer and also gets good reviews. The ACT will save some coin and labor since it is designed to use the factory hydraulics.
Sponsored

Last edited: