Sponsored

JL Wrangler Build and Price Configurator now available on Jeep.com!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
These Sport S wheels look grey in this up-close photo but black in all other photos. Anyone know if these are more black or more grey?

EDIT: Image didn't embed like I wanted it to.
I know sometimes they look black but I'm pretty sure they are granite.
Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer does not apply the decals! and they can't ask the factory not to.

But they can scrape them off for you.
Thanks for clarifying. Someone else on this forum said the decals were added at the dealership.

I'm going with a Sport S anyway based on price, the low level off-roading i will do, and the decal/seat combo issues with the rubi.

Interior pic of Sport S on build & price ... Mojito, silver dash, black cloth seats.

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Below is a list of options I plan to get on a Sport S. Which of them would be better to wait to add via aftermarket in terms of price & quality? (a factor is that I should be able to order 5% below invoice) Thanks for any guidance...

-8spd auto (obviously factory)
-Tech? ... auto temp control may force this to be a factory buy?
-Alpine audio?
-Trailer/tow?
-Dual tops?
-Side steps?
-Black 17" alloy wheels (definitely aftermarket)
-33" AT tires (definitely aftermarket)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Below is a list of options I plan to get on a Sport S. Which of them would be better to wait to add via aftermarket in terms of price & quality? (a factor is that I should be able to order 5% below invoice) Thanks for any guidance...

-8spd auto (obviously factory)
-Tech? ... auto temp control may force this to be a factory buy?
-Alpine audio?
-Trailer/tow?
-Dual tops?
-Side steps?
-Black 17" alloy wheels (definitely aftermarket)
-33" AT tires (definitely aftermarket)
Definitely go factory on the tops. The rest are debatable.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I would do bare bones Sport. Once the Sport creeps up to 40k with options, you go into Rubicon territory. Better off with a base Rubi than loaded Sport for resell at 40k. Just personal thoughts on justification against buying a Sport.

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
I would do bare bones Sport. Once the Sport creeps up to 40k with options, you go into Rubicon territory. Better off with a base Rubi than loaded Sport for resell at 40k. Just personal thoughts on justification against buying a Sport.
I've been doing this comparison as well. My finished JLU Sport is $40,665 and the JLUR is $46,680 (including body colored top which isn't offered on the Sport). By the time I buy new tires, a small lift, rock rails, etc it's worth the extra for the JLUR. I like the Rubi just the way it sits and don't think I'll make any mods.

Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been doing this comparison as well. My finished JLU Sport is $40,665 and the JLUR is $46,680 (including body colored top which isn't offered on the Sport). By the time I buy new tires, a small lift, rock rails, etc it's worth the extra for the JLUR. I like the Rubi just the way it sits and don't think I'll make any mods.
My built up Sport S would come to $5000 less than a comparable Rubi. And, the comparable Rubi would have its original rim/tire combo. I could live with it, but would like the look of my replacement wheel/tire combo on my Sport S much better. I would also have tan leather seats which I really don't want. Then there's the red outlined "RUBICON" on my Mojito green paint...ugh.

The pros for spending about $5k more for a Rubi include more durable offroading components, vented hood, and poximity entry. I will definitely take this Jeep off road, but I don't expect to push it to it's limits. I'm not so sure I need the offroading 'extras'. While resale value is a pro for some, I plan to keep this vehicle until it dies ... I've done so with all of my vehicles (or gifted them to family).

This has been a tougher decision than I expected, but I think my pros/cons are leading me to the Sport S build.

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Y'all talk about $5,000 like it's nothing. my Sport S build is less than the base rubi even if i get aftermarket rims and tires.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
My built up Sport S would come to $5000 less than a comparable Rubi. And, the comparable Rubi would have its original rim/tire combo. I could live with it, but would like the look of my replacement wheel/tire combo on my Sport S much better. I would also have tan leather seats which I really don't want. Then there's the red outlined "RUBICON" on my Mojito green paint...ugh.

The pros for spending about $5k more for a Rubi include more durable offroading components, vented hood, and poximity entry. I will definitely take this Jeep off road, but I don't expect to push it to it's limits. I'm not so sure I need the offroading 'extras'. While resale value is a pro for some, I plan to keep this vehicle until it dies ... I've done so with all of my vehicles (or gifted them to family).

This has been a tougher decision than I expected, but I think my pros/cons are leading me to the Sport S build.
Don't forget the transfer case.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
We can't find any specifics yet on how easy it is or is not to R&R the dash inserts. Looks like a large group wants to correct this dash issue. The factory should, yet if not, it's a great aftermarket cottage industry challenge.
Sponsored