Sponsored

JL Wrangler body in white shell shows fender lights + vents, hood latches + design, roll cage frame

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
Those hood latches look niiiiice.
Sponsored

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler body in white shell shows fender lights + vents, hood latches + design, roll cage frame {filename}
Personally I think they should have ditched the LED fender strips and went with a high flatter fender like on the Jeep Safari concept.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume those flares are going to be a variant of the TJ ones, with the black piece that is below the lights extending the outer length of the flare to create that crease.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
to me that leaked "LED" and flare design look 100% Euro market not US

LordEgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
The led fenders are a bad idea that also look stupid. Many other safer less ugly places to put that stuff. I bet I've ripped off ten fenders in my twenty years of jeepin

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'm not a fan of the LED lights in the fenders either, but I'm not worried. The aftermarket will take care of that in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see the reveal. But if it's as fugly as you think it will be, there's as good a case for blacking out the light as I've ever seen.
Blacking out these lights could be one of my first mods based on what I am seeing.

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
I guess it is also somewhat safe to say that the amount of people trimming JL fenders will be rather small.

I don't foresee many people sawing their LEDs lol.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
In all for an LED strip and turn signal on the fender, but for god's sake can they make it look like it's from 2017/2018 ? This looks like it came off the front bumper of a 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler body in white shell shows fender lights + vents, hood latches + design, roll cage frame {filename}
Personally I think they should have ditched the LED fender strips and went with a high flatter fender like on the Jeep Safari concept.
Agree. But it won't happen. Most states have a legal requirement that the fender flare covers at least the tread or full tire.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
In all for an LED strip and turn signal on the fender, but for god's sake can they make it look like it's from 2017/2018 ? This looks like it came off the front bumper of a 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight.
Ha ha! You know your "classics" well. :)

Sponsored

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Agree. But it won't happen. Most states have a legal requirement that the fender flare covers at least the tread or full tire.
Looks like fender MOD City for me if I don't want the Doc Brown Delorean look on my fenders.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like fender MOD City for me if I don't want the Doc Brown Delorean look on my fenders.
:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:

:jk: