Sponsored

JL Wrangler body in white shell shows fender lights + vents, hood latches + design, roll cage frame

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Has there been any word why there would be two sets of DRLs (headlights and fenders)? I like LEDs in the fender as I never plan on swapping fenders, but I can see how they can get damaged or cause problems with aftermarket fenders.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Our photographers caught these. Will see if we can find out more about this BIW JL.

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
Is it just me or does this camoed JL body's grille look thinner (shorter) than the JK's?

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
They look like sh!t. Very dated lens material and design. These were sourced out of a dormant Warehouse. No way a design team came up with that sad cr@p in 2017
Normally I don't agree with you on most things, since you expect the JLs to be Range Rovers, but I'm completely with you on this one. These look like s**t. Hopefully, enough people will complain and the 2019's will have sleeker lights [crossing fingers]

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Hood Lift/Flutter solved... now people will need to find something else to complain about. :swear:

Wonder if they lock or allow easy locking, or it FCA addressed that with a more traditional internal system.

IMG_0645.JPG

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Plus if the turn signal is now going to be removed from the Grill as the spy shots have shown...how will that affect those who remove and put on aftermarket fenders. Now your only turn signals would be the Mirrors.
It'll need to be addressed the same way it is when you remove other parts, as mentioned many times before, it's not a major challenge, and much easier with the wide availability of small & bright LEDs, which can also be found in the fender someone just removed.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I must be blind/dense. Which part are you talking about?
There's a raised ridge along the bottom edge of the fender flare, starting below the LED, then follows (thinner) all the way around the wheel opening. I like it.

JeepWranglerBody.fr07.KGP.ed.jpg

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
They look like sh!t. Very dated lens material and design. These were sourced out of a dormant Warehouse. No way a design team came up with that sad cr@p in 2017
I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see the reveal. But if it's as fugly as you think it will be, there's as good a case for blacking out the light as I've ever seen.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Normally I don't agree with you on most things, since you expect the JLs to be Range Rovers, but I'm completely with you on this one. These look like s**t. Hopefully, enough people will complain and the 2019's will have sleeker lights [crossing fingers]
I understand I'm not the most welcome opinion on the board lol.

I do come from the luxury vehicle demographic, and I believe my taste to be very valuable to FCA, since more and more pro athletes and entertainers are buying jeep wranglers. My wants met would equal mad sales to those demographics and they followers

But yeah, why are these not sleeker and modern ? How could a design team in 2017 slap old orange lens material and old clear lens material in a very basic way together and attach it under the fender in a disjointed way ?

Fingers crossed too man.

Sponsored

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
There's a raised ridge along the bottom edge of the fender flare, starting below the LED, then follows (thinner) all the way around the wheel opening. I like it.

JeepWranglerBody.fr07.KGP.ed.jpg
I'm gonna go ahead and assume those flares are going to be a variant of the TJ ones, with the black piece that is below the lights extending the outer length of the flare to create that crease.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Every new stylying detail that we find points to TJ styling. Grille, hood, fenders, body line, windshield, etc. I find this kinda cool, it's going to be a modern TJ. Only thing that I'm not a fan of is the way they chose to integrate those lights into the fenders. Seems like that's going to be this Jeep's big flaw. (YJ:headlights, TJ:fenders, JK:minivan motor, JL:weird lights)
I hope we don't have to wait until November to see what they came up with for the roof
Sponsored