Sponsored

JL Wrangler body in white shell shows fender lights + vents, hood latches + design, roll cage frame

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I woundnt be at all suprised if its purely cosmetic
You will be and will do good work as you see in the pictures are still under construction and not completed،The side openings are similar to the construction of the rooms and are not as easy engine cover openings.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler body in white shell shows fender lights + vents, hood latches + design, roll cage frame {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler body in white shell shows fender lights + vents, hood latches + design, roll cage frame {filename}

What you see is colored in red is not in the opposite face, that is, it is still under construction!

Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel
lets hope your right

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Thank you, I wish to see the JL go out in the best condition and people enjoy it and be comfortable and trusted.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country and Austin Healey 100
look if you are jeep guy a true jeep guy then you see the beauty in every model even the square headlight yj But it isn't the same visceral reaction you get when you look at a new vet, lambo, or a 54 jag classic. It is what they are: your ticket to some remote fishing spot, some lake where it a no go for a car, or dirt road where you have never been before. it is not a super model, more like the pretty hot girl or guy (PC) Lol next door. Every time I look at my JKU rubi I feel it ticket to the wild . so maybe some don't like the turn signal or the slant of the hood or the curved front grill. The over all package is great. Some folks jut like to complain. ME I just like Jeeps all of em.

My old 77 cj7 golden eagle got terrible mileage had a soft top that leaked so badly I had to wear a rain jacket inside .... but this one time I was driving up to big bear to go skiing ( long before snowboards were invented) I cam e to this huge traffic jam 8 miles away from the parking lot. so I am sitting there wondering what is going on and this cj5 with 2 guys does down the other way they see me and stop and say " hello" I say is there abad accident up there they say " no, it is just lowlanders putting on chains, you drive a jeep you can go" and go I did straight to the front of the line 8 miles on the wrong side of the road snow banks 10 feet high more like a tunnel than a road not a soul coming my way, right up to the cops stopping everyone but me and to the most primo parking space I have gotten right in front of the ticket booth.

Great post. My tj got me from landlocked salmon in maine to brookies in Michigans UP. This one will take me to points west.

JL's JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2018 JL
The new design, to remove hot air from engine bay at any forward speed, would work with an electric water pump.

This would reduce Parasitic Drag from a belt-driven pump thats constantly spinning. It takes a surprising amount of horsepower to spin water pumps and power steering pumps.

We've seen the electro- hydraulic steering is going to be Standard ; would all this "ductwork" indicate an electric water pump?
Could be magnetic clutch, or standalone electric motor circulator
Great points. Question still remains if the vent will help draw hot air from engine compartment and/or for reducing fender air drag tho?

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Great points. Question still remains if the vent will help draw hot air from engine compartment and/or for reducing fender air drag tho?
I think (guessing) four low is talking about the new hood vents not side vents in that design, because the new mesh-like hood vents would remove heat while stopped even (as seen by moded current hoods), but the side vents would still need significant speed to aid cooling if they were acting to exhaust engine heat.p out of those restricted flow side-ports.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm actually talking about ALL the vents and ducts for heat dissipation ; standing in traffic, 110º, A/C on, or slow Desert crawling, keeping the engine cool, especially a hard working Turbo, will be a challenge. At highway speeds, fan not needed, the " ducting" and vents will create a venturi effect, and pull air through the engine bay, reduce wheel well turbulence (drag)

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
I'm actually talking about ALL the vents and ducts for heat dissipation ; standing in traffic, 110º, A/C on, or slow Desert crawling, keeping the engine cool, especially a hard working Turbo, will be a challenge. At highway speeds, fan not needed, the " ducting" and vents will create a venturi effect, and pull air through the engine bay, reduce wheel well turbulence (drag)
And the turbo 4 cylinder Hurricane engine looks like it's going to be packed really tight into the engine bay. So even less cooling possible.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the turbo 4 cylinder Hurricane engine looks like it's going to be packed really tight into the engine bay. So even less cooling possible.
That's an early test engine with way more non-production stuff all over the place clamped on like a Meccano set, and it's all crammed into a JK engine bay, not the bigger JL bay.

A.Papi.K

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru WRX STI Limited Sedan
Occupation
Leasing Manager for Volkswagen.
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta say, from all the spy pictures out there, I really dislike the rake of the grill. Really grinding my gears!

Sponsored

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
If you're sad about the bend in the JL grill ... it's nothing new as the YJs had it too.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Not sure what you are seeing but the JL grill looks less raked than the JK to me.

I think he's talking about the little bend/kink in the grille like Matt mentioned. Personally I think it's a nice modern take on the TJ/YJ grille but if you don't like it it's one of the easiest and cheapest parts to replace. I'm sure there will be plenty of unibrow and angry eyes flat grilles to go around :giggle:

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
The ridges provide strength. If no ridges, they would be very flimsy.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ridges provide strength. If no ridges, they would be very flimsy.
Ridges can provide strength true, but those ridges are all on the inside of the part closest to the body/bay, and thats the inside of the inside wheel-well liner before mounting the fender which is why there's a gap for the axle to articulate in the front, it's not the fender istself, and not like the images of the mule.

These are not the fender flares themself, the fender surface has no ridges or channels like the one seen in the image above.

Look on you own JK, the inner mounting sides has the structures separate from the fender which has a smooth liner.

What you're seeing there is essentially this part of the liner (this is a different build to show distinctly where the part goes and it's not the fender itself);

Sponsored