JL Wrangler **Base Model Club**

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
There are pouches you can get that block the signal. They would have to locate that and remove the fob it for the keyless ignition to function. We use one at the beach.
Leaving the key inside your car wasn’t a good idea before ESS, either. That’s not to say I didn’t occasionally hide my keys in the wheelwell when I went to the beach, but that was also at the end of my street in a guarded community, where the possibility of someone stealing my car or anything inside was practically zero.

GoHack

First Name
Gordon (N7QEI)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLU Sport, DoM 7/18 (Wed)
Occupation
Mech Engr
Vehicle Showcase
Base model here, w/the only options being, the Hard Top, Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle, and the Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group.

Since purchase, I've added Tinted Windows and the Rubicon Rock Rails.

IMG_0447 (002)_a.jpg

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Installed Rubi suspension this weekend....was running with the 1/2" Teraflex coil spacers before and I left the ones on the back to see if they would level it out a little more.... there's a little bit of rake but it seems only most noticeable here at home when parked on this level slab, parked out and about I dont notice it as much...anyway, may end up taking them out but then I think the sag would be more noticeable....lol....either way im loving the ride and handling and it doesnt feel like I need an alignment so im happy about that too!
IMG_20181217_162717978.jpg

Sponsored

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I wish you could order a base 4 door in Canada! The lowest you can go is a Sport S. I like the looks of the base steel wheels better. Power doors would be nice on a 4 door, however.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing wrong with a Sport, AC and tinted HT as the only options, oh yea and a turbo 8 speed too. I phone works fine with the basic radio. A little glitchy but u connect in my Challenger was the same way.

IMG_4901.jpg

Sport50%.jpg

Punkin 50%.jpg

OP
OP
That One Guy

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
An update from the OP.

My Jeep arrived 1 August 2018 at the dealership. Only six weeks, quick turnaround time on ordering.

I abandoned it, surrendering my deposit. Way too many problems surfaced with the platform and made me feel unwilling to trust such a vehicle with a long commute for years to come, through remote trips to nowhere. Significant owner testimony had eroded my trust that FCA created a new platform built and engineered properly. My opinion.

I held out for the revised 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata. Still waiting on one as its winter.

I hope you base Sport people enjoy your machines. They’re gorgeous, and possess a ton of technical capability. They’re everywhere now and they certainly turn my head.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Installed Rubi suspension this weekend....was running with the 1/2" Teraflex coil spacers before and I left the ones on the back to see if they would level it out a little more.... there's a little bit of rake but it seems only most noticeable here at home when parked on this level slab, parked out and about I dont notice it as much...anyway, may end up taking them out but then I think the sag would be more noticeable....lol....either way im loving the ride and handling and it doesnt feel like I need an alignment so im happy about that too!
So you put stock JL Rubicon springs and shocks on the front and rear plus added a 1/2" spring spacer to the rear? It looks fantastic. Are those 285/70's?

Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Nothing wrong with a Sport, AC and tinted HT as the only options, oh yea and a turbo 8 speed too. I phone works fine with the basic radio. A little glitchy but u connect in my Challenger was the same way.

Punkin 50%.jpg
are those 285/70's? Did you add a lift?

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
So you put stock JL Rubicon springs and shocks on the front and rear plus added a 1/2" spring spacer to the rear? It looks fantastic. Are those 285/70's?
Yes, 285/70 BFG Rubicon take offs, I had these before the lift so I had the 1/2" spacers added to gain back some of the clearance that was lost with the bigger tires, and they only cost around $40 so it was pretty cheap

jgreene0717

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Were the springs and such from an unlimited or 2 door Rubicon?
Sponsored