JL Wrangler **Base Model Club**

RaceAir

First Name
RaceAir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki DR-Z400SM
At this point, I'd be happy to see a confirmation that at least the programming options are there. The combination of an owner who has taken delivery of a Sport with the Trailer Tow/HD Elec is tough to find.
Sponsored

Butterybunz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST & Fiat 500x Trekking Plus
Hey Buttery!

Congrats on the Sport. It looks from your description that you probably have the Uconnect 3.0 system with the 5-inch screen.

Since you have the Trailer tow, could you tell us if you can program those aux buttons via the Uconnect 5-inch?

FCA said no they can't, but I saw elsewhere they could.

Woul you mind checking out if you have menu options to program the AUX buttons?
They're there. Check em out:

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler **Base Model Club** {filename}

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
My local dealer has a silver JLU Sport with hardtop, auto and LSD on the lot. The only thing missing is the tow package! I doubt I'd use the aux switches anyhow, so maybe just save $700 and add a tow hitch and wiring later.

Having a hard time deciding between silver or red. I may hold out for red with tan seats. Not sure if tan seats are even available now.

OP
OP
That One Guy

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
My local dealer has a silver JLU Sport with hardtop, auto and LSD on the lot. The only thing missing is the tow package! I doubt I'd use the aux switches anyhow, so maybe just save $700 and add a tow hitch and wiring later.

Having a hard time deciding between silver or red. I may hold out for red with tan seats. Not sure if tan seats are even available now.
Yeah, I'd love to have those programmable switches, but I'm not gonna tow, so $700 is too steep for that for me.

They're super cool though.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yeah, I'd love to have those programmable switches, but I'm not gonna tow, so $700 is too steep for that for me.

They're super cool though.
Mopar sells them aftermarket. I'm sure other aftermarket switches will be available for less, but maybe not programmable.

RaceAir

First Name
RaceAir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Thanks, Buttery. Seeing those pics of the sub menus makes me breathe easier. Thanks for the feedback on what the Base Sport has as opposed to what it doesn't.

Cypressbog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
Picked it up today and no lock. Never had one on my other wrangler but I may get one for this one as we will be traveling with it more.
The dealer should have provided you with that wheel lock kit. The kit is for all 5 wheels..

Butterybunz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer should have provided you with that wheel lock kit. The kit is for all 5 wheels..
I also did not receive a wheel lock kit. Are you sure the Sport gets one?

firesnuffer

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2006 Xterra, 14' Explorer
My neighbor let me drive her Sport 4 door that she just received two days ago. Surprised it had a Alpine Stereo in it. I double checked, it says Sport on the side of it.

Sponsored

Butterybunz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My neighbor let me drive her Sport 4 door that she just received two days ago. Surprised it had a Alpine Stereo in it. I double checked, it says Sport on the side of it.
The Sport S just says "Sport" on the side of it. She got a Sport S if she has the Alpine.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The badge for a Sport and Sport S is the same. The Sport S will have a badge that simply states "Sport".

In order to get the Alpine option your neighbor ordered a Sport S.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My neighbors will not be driving my JLU when I get it just sayin'.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I also did not receive a wheel lock kit. Are you sure the Sport gets one?
All JL models should include one "spare wheel locking lug nut" according to Jeep's website under standard features and other posts. This locking lug nut should be pre-installed at the factory with the key in the glove box.

The mopar locking wheel set (82215711) includes 5 nuts, so the dealer would most likely replace the included spare wheel nut with a new one so the key matches all 5 nuts. This is up to the dealer. Some may install them upon delivery and add it to the cost. I suppose you can negotiate them into the price. They are only $50 for the set.

firesnuffer

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2006 Xterra, 14' Explorer
She traded 5 yr old jk sport. I am really impressed with how nice the JL Sport / S? looks and handles. If I knew it was that nice I would of thought twice about ordering a Rubicon.
Neighbor is like family to me. Help each other out all the time.
Sponsored