OP
That One Guy

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Congrats! The blue is a great color. I also got the limited slip with manual trans because for $595 it's well worth it but later heard it's required. Did you select the limited slip or were you forced to get it?
I very intentionally selected it. For $595, you get a limited slip differential (I'm planning on moderate offroading), an upgrade to the M220 (I am not interested in finding out if the new Dana 35 is as bad as the old, old Dana 35), and A/T tires.

Very happy that I can enjoy this Jeep right off the dealer lot, rather than immediately replace horrendous street tires. I'll be planning on swapping out for JK or JL Rubicon rims, assuming they're the same diameter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
That One Guy

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Congrats! Mine is probably going to look the same except in white and auto trans. Why didn't you go for the tinted windows? I heard there is no way to get them tinted after delivery.
Because I didn't want to spend another $500. If I was gonna go that route, I would've just gotten the Sport S for $1400 more. The top is down all summer, and untinted windows help the vehicle be less miserable during winter. :)

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I very intentionally selected it. For $595, you get a limited slip differential (I'm planning on moderate offroading), an upgrade to the M220 (I am not interested in finding out if the new Dana 35 is as bad as the old, old Dana 35), and A/T tires.

Very happy that I can enjoy this Jeep right off the dealer lot, rather than immediately replace horrendous street tires. I'll be planning on swapping out for JK or JL Rubicon rims, assuming they're the same diameter.
I have JK Rubicon Recon wheels on mine which are the same 17 x 7.5. I think all recent JK wheels fit but with your own lug nuts which are different. Go to the JK section on jeep.com (while it's still there) and check out all the different wheels offered on the many trim levels. Then you can search for your favorites on eBay or craigslist and find a great deal while you're waiting for your JL. Good luck!

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
Do you have a 2 door Sport? It appears so from your avatar
yes. i have a 2 dr sport. basic model with manual windows and locks. only thing i added was hard top, ac, towing package, rear slip differential. i love it ... getting almost 25 highway. this really works for me

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
yes. i have a 2 dr sport. basic model with manual windows and locks. only thing i added was hard top, ac, towing package, rear slip differential. i love it ... getting almost 25 highway. this really works for me
I have a 2016 Jetta with the 1.4 turbo engine and I get 40 mpg on the highway and around 25 city... I'm really going to miss that.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone,

The 2019 order window is only a few weeks away, so I'm getting real close to my order date. :)
I'm looking at getting an Ocean Blue, Base Sport, with Auto, AC, Limited Slip, and Trailer-Tow package.

Now that a few of you have had your Jeeps a while, are there any options that you wish you had gotten? Do any of you regret not going with the S Package?

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zero regrets here. Mine is the Unlimited so I got the A/C. The only option I got is the Limited Slip which is a no-brainer in my book. I have yet to roll up any windows or lock any doors (I have a Tuffy Security Deck and Tuffy center compartment lock for valuables). The only thing I regretted for a moment was not getting tinted windows but then the back three soft top panels have been off for 2 months now so no big deal.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Im loving my 2 dr sport. Only options I wanted were a/c, auto, hardtop and lsd. I bought a set of JL granite wheels off Ebay to replace the steelies. Added tow hitch and wiring harness myself. Now i just need to wear these tires out so i can go bigger

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im loving my 2 dr sport. Only options I wanted were a/c, auto, hardtop and lsd. I bought a set of JL granite wheels off Ebay to replace the steelies. Added tow hitch and wiring harness myself. Now i just need to wear these tires out so i can go bigger
Man, that's considered "loaded" in this thread! :cwl:

Sponsored

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Man, that's considered "loaded" in this thread! :cwl:
yeah...lol....just about....i saw a jeep just like yours today... punk'n sport JLU but it looked like he had maybe 33's on the black steelies...looked good!

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I like the base black steel rims. I'd pick them over all the other JL rims. The alloy ones look so commonplace. Manual locks are fine, and I love the wind-up windows.
JL 2-door manual a/c LSD
I have a set of JL Rubicon wheels sitting in my garage that I snagged off CL not too long ago. For some reason, I’m not in any hurry to put them on. I just cannot shake how good the steel wheels look- it just makes the truck look so purpose built for the trail.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set of JL Rubicon wheels sitting in my garage that I snagged off CL not too long ago. For some reason, I’m not in any hurry to put them on. I just cannot shake how good the steel wheels look- it just makes the truck look so purpose built for the trail.
I feel the same way. The best part is, you won't feel too bad when they get rashed on the trail.

I actually just posted a thread in the wheel-tire forum asking for pics of larger tires on the Base Sport Steel Wheels. ;)

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Anybody lock their keys in yet? I did last night for the first time but luckily the tailgate was unlocked this morning when i went looking for them. Ive been keeping my keys clipped to my belt loop the last couple weeks and im getting used to it but I ran out to grab something last night and set my keys in the cupholder and locked up and walked away.

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Not yet. Really the only time I lock my doors is when I'm parked on an incline since I don't want some kid to break in and put it in neutral and release the parking brake (manual trans).

Having locks, windows and trans all manual feels pretty cool. Like other posters have said, it feels purpose built.

Steel wheels look great, only way I'd replace them is if I got true beadlock rims, otherwise I think they'll still look great with a 2" lift and 35" tires once I get around to doing it.
Sponsored