JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Hey buddy,

just curious into how much that tow package costs? I havent been given a price yet from my dealership, though i feel my dealership gave me a really good price on my rubicon so far anyway.. So many sydney jeep dealerships are just bastards on price.... I dont blame you for going interstate lol

$68550
mojito rubi
lux package
electrical package

and the voucher if we can get it... I know they were saying that the voucher was meant to be for cars ordered before end of march, but delivered before end of april or so which is total rubbish.. So they said we should still get the voucher but honestly, i just want to car asap so i can piss off my current car lol
That’s a great price! And a very cool color!
I’m actually online now looking at Stingray Grey and wondering if I should change from Black. It’s really hard not being able to see it in person! (And I am a sucker for black - our three cars atm are all black but it’s such an ass$&/? to keep clean!)

I know what you mean about the Sydney dealerships though. I found the majority to be so unhelpful.
Hahaha I am with you my friend! I just want it ASAP. I’ve had my eye on it since March last year! I don’t think I’ve ever waited this long for anything - especially a car. We’re more impulse buyers! So the thought of three more months is just painful.

Re pricing:
I’ve got an extra $700 in there for the painted alloys
Plus delivery which was quoted at about $700 but I got them down.
Both dealerships quoted around $1,600 for the tow package with electric brakes (redarc system)

I hope that helps!
Sponsored

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Go for Sting Grey, it seems to be very similar to Nardo Grey (Audi exclusive colour) and it looks excellent in person. Black is great too but shows very little contrast.

:)
I appreciate your reply! It wasn’t a color I liked at first but it’s grown on me. I’m not going to be able to sleep now. Arghh.. first world problems.
What color did you go for?

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I’m actually online now looking at Stingray Grey and wondering if I should change from Black. It’s really hard not being able to see it in person! (And I am a sucker for black - our three cars atm are all black but it’s such an ass$&/? to keep clean!)

I know what you mean about the Sydney dealerships though. I found the majority to be so unhelpful.
Hahaha I am with you my friend! I just want it ASAP. I’ve had my eye on it since March last year! I don’t think I’ve ever waited this long for anything - especially a car. We’re more impulse buyers! So the thought of three more months is just painful.

Re pricing:
Both dealerships quoted around $1,600 for the tow package with electric brakes (redarc system)

I hope that helps!
Very good price you got indeed. I dont think i'll need electric brakes so hopefully its a bit cheaper for me.. see how we go when the time comes..

Nothing wrong with a black car.. I currently own a black car, but granted for 6 years of the 9 years ive owned it, it was satin black which i love and see some JL's in satin black.. looks so tough. Though i opted for a bright colour to help it stand out a bit more haha.

Same boat as you guys with the wait on the car.. I was moments away from buying a second hand JK rubicon fully loaded out with everything just over 18 months ago.... then heard rumors about the JL, waited for the launch in US and then kept hassling my local jeep for when i could pre order..

Most of my friends think im stupid for wanting a wrangler and just pick its flaws... but if we all wanted a fuel efficient super safe car, we wouldnt be having as much fun in it off road haha.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Very good price you got indeed. I dont think i'll need electric brakes so hopefully its a bit cheaper for me.. see how we go when the time comes..

Nothing wrong with a black car.. I currently own a black car, but granted for 6 years of the 9 years ive owned it, it was satin black which i love and see some JL's in satin black.. looks so tough. Though i opted for a bright colour to help it stand out a bit more haha.

Same boat as you guys with the wait on the car.. I was moments away from buying a second hand JK rubicon fully loaded out with everything just over 18 months ago.... then heard rumors about the JL, waited for the launch in US and then kept hassling my local jeep for when i could pre order..

Most of my friends think im stupid for wanting a wrangler and just pick its flaws... but if we all wanted a fuel efficient super safe car, we wouldnt be having as much fun in it off road haha.
It’ll definitely come in cheaper if you’re not after the electric brakes.
Satin black would have been lovely! I wash our cars myself and just get so tired of all the scratches everywhere - plus we live a little more in the country so they’re dirty before you know it.

I completely understand you, friend. My husband thinks I’m nuts wanting to get rid of my Tesla for the Wrangler. We had a JK about four years ago but sold it because we needed a better tower and out of every every vehicle we’ve owned, that one is still my favorite.
There’s something about them that until you own one, you just don’t understand. Sure, they’re not refined or aerodynamic, they don’t have all the creature comforts nor tow that well and suck up fuel like there’s no tomorrow.. but the feeling I get in a wrangler I’ve never gotten in another car.

Ignore your friends. I don’t think you’ll regret it for a moment.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
I went with Sting Grey as I prefer contrast of black and grey and with black wheels it would look awesome.

Food for thought :)

P.S you should join some of the FaceBook JL groups. Lots of info and mods to consider
It is a good combination, I ageee.
I will have a look at those groups! And definitely going to give this color more thought (and I’ll need to do it quickly!)

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
It’ll definitely come in cheaper if you’re not after the electric brakes.
Satin black would have been lovely! I wash our cars myself and just get so tired of all the scratches everywhere - plus we live a little more in the country so they’re dirty before you know it.

I completely understand you, friend. My husband thinks I’m nuts wanting to get rid of my Tesla for the Wrangler. We had a JK about four years ago but sold it because we needed a better tower and out of every every vehicle we’ve owned, that one is still my favorite.
There’s something about them that until you own one, you just don’t understand. Sure, they’re not refined or aerodynamic, they don’t have all the creature comforts nor tow that well and suck up fuel like there’s no tomorrow.. but the feeling I get in a wrangler I’ve never gotten in another car.

Ignore your friends. I don’t think you’ll regret it for a moment.
Easy fix for the scratches on a black car =)

I am actually the owner a company that are the leading installers of Xpel Paint protection film in NSW. Self healing film with a 10 year warranty, light scratches are a thing of the past haha. Granted we mostly focus on wrapping high end cars (Just finished a brand new 1.2 million dollar lambo last week and just started 3x Porsche GT2 RS's) and my Rubicon will ideally be the first fully covered JL in Australia, but im taking it one step further on my car. Looking at putting on Stealth film which gives a satin finish, so hopefully it'll make that mojito look a different yet again =)

The Tesla's are awesome, A hoping to get a Model X or Y in the future to use as a daily.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR

I am actually the owner a company that are the leading installers of Xpel Paint protection film in NSW. Self healing film with a 10 year warranty, light scratches are a thing of the past haha. Granted we mostly focus on wrapping high end cars (Just finished a brand new 1.2 million dollar lambo last week and just started 3x Porsche GT2 RS's) and my Rubicon will ideally be the first fully covered JL in Australia, but im taking it one step further on my car. Looking at putting on Stealth film which gives a satin finish, so hopefully it'll make that mojito look a different yet again =)

The Tesla's are awesome, A hoping to get a Model X or Y in the future to use as a daily.
Well aren’t you the person to know! Where abouts is your company and how much would a wrap cost?
Both my husbands car and mine need doing. Would also look at the wrangler as well (if it ever arrives)
I did a bit of research last year and heard great things about Xpel.
The satin finish on the Mojito will look brilliant! I can’t wait to see it!
I agree with you. We live in Bowral and my husband drives to Sydney a few times a week and the Tesla is unparalleled. I had my eye on them and while I had high expectations, owning one they’re even better than I thought they’d be. If it wasn’t for the wrangler, I wouldn’t dream of buying another vehicle.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR

I am actually thinking of wrapping/coating my JL, googled xpel stealth...very interesting... Do you have any partner in Melbourne that can do a mates deal :)

PS: also swapping the forester for wrangler.

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3

Re pricing:

I hope that helps!
Black is a great colour, but will show every scratch and stone chip, not to mention dirt. Not a good choice for a 4x4 if you plan to take it off road. Go silver/grey or white. Both colours stand up well to scratches. My two cents anyway - choice is yours.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Black is a great colour, but will show every scratch and stone chip, not to mention dirt. Not a good choice for a 4x4 if you plan to take it off road. Go silver/grey or white. Both colours stand up well to scratches. My two cents anyway - choice is yours.
I appreciate your input and having black cars I completely agree with you.
I’ll see if I can convince the husband into another color. He loves it in black

Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager

Ditto on the last two replies, I am looking to wrap my ocean Blue Rubi as soon as I get it. Any chance on a ballpark on a full wrap? Including coloured fenders and roll bar (I am ordering with a black roof).

Cheers!

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Well aren’t you the person to know! Where abouts is your company and how much would a wrap cost?
Both my husbands car and mine need doing. Would also look at the wrangler as well (if it ever arrives)
I did a bit of research last year and heard great things about Xpel.
The satin finish on the Mojito will look brilliant! I can’t wait to see it!
I agree with you. We live in Bowral and my husband drives to Sydney a few times a week and the Tesla is unparalleled. I had my eye on them and while I had high expectations, owning one they’re even better than I thought they’d be. If it wasn’t for the wrangler, I wouldn’t dream of buying another vehicle.
At this stage, we do not have our own shop as we contract to all Xpel certified shops in NSW, but the plan is that we'll open our own shop one day in the future, there is just no current rush to do so as we are in so much demand from every shop in NSW plus a few others, We have more than enough work to keep us busy without the having over heads of having our own shop =)

Majority of the time we are in Castle Hill, then usually 1 day a week we'll be out at Mona Vale or Leichhardt but normally we just go where ever we are needed and juggle the shops around to try do everyones work haha.

That said, all of the shops are happy for us to do private jobs in their shops in which of course we always do a little extra for our own personal clients =) (We generally wrap more custom pieces and apply a coating on top of the film as well)

A standard full car wrap in Xpel is usually $6500, Super cars a bit more due to complexity and extra time, smaller cars a little less.
I'll work out how much film i'll need to wrap a JLU Wrangler (with black top) and post back tomorrow a rough price of what it should go for.

Im hoping the satin finish on mojito will look awesome as i havent seen anyone else do it so far. If it looks good, im going to create patterns and wrap all of the interior painted panels as well (Inside of doors and roll cage to match)

I am actually thinking of wrapping/coating my JL, googled xpel stealth...very interesting... Do you have any partner in Melbourne that can do a mates deal :)

PS: also swapping the forester for wrangler.
The Xpel Australia network is pretty close, we all talk to each other quite regularly, any of shops here can help you out https://www.xpel.com/clearbra_installers/listings/Australia/Victoria/Melbourne

The beauty of the wrangler with the black hard top is that we'll use a lot less film than on a normal car which will bring the price down..

But yeah same man.. I have a 2009 XT Premium forester and honestly just over it haha.. had it for the last 8 years, time to move on.

Ditto on the last two replies, I am looking to wrap my ocean Blue Rubi as soon as I get it. Any chance on a ballpark on a full wrap? Including coloured fenders and roll bar (I am ordering with a black roof).

Cheers!
Yeah totally buddy, Im going to put it all through the Xpel design program tomorrow which will let me know how much film i need to use to do a full wrap on a JLU Rubicon with black top which will allow me to give a better idea of a rough final price.

Though as reference, a normal full car wrap in clear/gloss Xpel (which in my opinion is rated as the best film on the market atm) is usually around $6500 retail

As a rubicon has no front bar, rear bar, side skirts or roof to wrap, a lot less film gets used hence the price will be cheaper.

The Americans have already created a full kit for the JL wranglers (meaning i can plot/print/cut it out via computer so Im not using a knife on your new car like a lot of the cheaper shops do) though im going to create custom bits for extra coverage (Door hinges, interior tailgate sections, door sills and all.

Also for those who will say it.. Yes there are plenty of shops that will be able to wrap a full car in PPF for much much cheaper (4k-5k for full car). You do get what you pay for, so everyone keep that in mind.. Cheap films are exactly that.. Cheap. We just let the quality of our work speak for itself =)

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
At this stage, we do not have our own shop as we contract to all Xpel certified shops in NSW, but the plan is that we'll open our own shop one day in the future, there is just no current rush to do so as we are in so much demand from every shop in NSW plus a few others, We have more than enough work to keep us busy without the having over heads of having our own shop =)

Majority of the time we are in Castle Hill, then usually 1 day a week we'll be out at Mona Vale or Leichhardt but normally we just go where ever we are needed and juggle the shops around to try do everyones work haha.

That said, all of the shops are happy for us to do private jobs in their shops in which of course we always do a little extra for our own personal clients =) (We generally wrap more custom pieces and apply a coating on top of the film as well)

A standard full car wrap in Xpel is usually $6500, Super cars a bit more due to complexity and extra time, smaller cars a little less.
I'll work out how much film i'll need to wrap a JLU Wrangler (with black top) and post back tomorrow a rough price of what it should go for.

Im hoping the satin finish on mojito will look awesome as i havent seen anyone else do it so far. If it looks good, im going to create patterns and wrap all of the interior painted panels as well (Inside of doors and roll cage to match)

The Xpel Australia network is pretty close, we all talk to each other quite regularly, any of shops here can help you out https://www.xpel.com/clearbra_installers/listings/Australia/Victoria/Melbourne

The beauty of the wrangler with the black hard top is that we'll use a lot less film than on a normal car which will bring the price down..

But yeah same man.. I have a 2009 XT Premium forester and honestly just over it haha.. had it for the last 8 years, time to move on.

Yeah totally buddy, Im going to put it all through the Xpel design program tomorrow which will let me know how much film i need to use to do a full wrap on a JLU Rubicon with black top which will allow me to give a better idea of a rough final price.

Though as reference, a normal full car wrap in clear/gloss Xpel (which in my opinion is rated as the best film on the market atm) is usually around $6500 retail

As a rubicon has no front bar, rear bar, side skirts or roof to wrap, a lot less film gets used hence the price will be cheaper.

The Americans have already created a full kit for the JL wranglers (meaning i can plot/print/cut it out via computer so Im not using a knife on your new car like a lot of the cheaper shops do) though im going to create custom bits for extra coverage (Door hinges, interior tailgate sections, door sills and all.

Also for those who will say it.. Yes there are plenty of shops that will be able to wrap a full car in PPF for much much cheaper (4k-5k for full car). You do get what you pay for, so everyone keep that in mind.. Cheap films are exactly that.. Cheap. We just let the quality of our work speak for itself =)
What a reply! You must have tired fingers. I will continue this in a message.
Look forward to hopefully dealing with you and we’ll chat further there =]

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
So, I spoke to Harrison (my salesman) today and he said that potentially the production date could be moved forward.
He has been great to deal with even after signing on the dotted line. Highly recommended.

I'm crossing my fingers for earlier delivery :)
That is excellent news! Very happy for you and I hope for all our sakes they’re bringing everything forward!
Appreciate the update!

OP
OP
Jeep@Aus

Jeep@Aus

First Name
JJJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Hello all, in terms of Rubicon, what are your thoughts about Diesel vs Petrol versions. Cost of running, maintenance, ride comfort etc.
Sponsored