JL Wrangler Australia

Jeep@Aus

First Name
JJJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Hello friends , My first post in the forum .Been a long time leecher on this forum.

Below is an email i received today 11/10/2018 from a dealer in Melbourne (Northern Jeep)

I have just received information on the New Wrangler JL .At this time we are taking deposits for pre orders ,stock will be available from January 2019 .We are still waiting for a full brochure and colours .

On the pricing we have an indicative pricing

Sport $64.990
Rubicon $69.000
Overland $69.000
If you want the retractable roof it would be approximately $3500 more .

We will be taking $2000 deposits if the car comes in at a higher price we will then advise of the increase ,if the car comes in cheaper we will refund the difference .

Also attached is the file they have send me ,Clearly made for Australia as the Sahara has been renamed as Overland.
(In Australia Toyota holds the patent for the name Sahara and Jeep has to change its JK Sahara to Overland)

Hope i am posting this thread correctly :)
Sponsored

Attachments

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
$65,000 for a Sport! The 2019 Rav 4 is looking attractive.

Randydots

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The price is almost as much as China. But why Sahara is the same price as Rubicon. It makes nonsense for me.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hello friends , My first post in the forum .Been a long time leecher on this forum.

Below is an email i received today 11/10/2018 from a dealer in Melbourne (Northern Jeep)

I have just received information on the New Wrangler JL .At this time we are taking deposits for pre orders ,stock will be available from January 2019 .We are still waiting for a full brochure and colours .

Sport $64.990
Rubicon $69.000
Overland $69.000

We will be taking $2000 deposits if the car comes in at a higher price we will then advise of the increase ,if the car comes in cheaper we will refund the difference .

Also attached is the file they have send me ,Clearly made for Australia as the Sahara has been renamed as Overland.
(In Australia Toyota holds the patent for the name Sahara and Jeep has to change its JK Sahara to Overland)

Is that is AUS $ or USD $ ? https://www.google.com/search?q=australian+dollar
At this moment, USD $ is $0.72 to AUS of $1.00. So $64,990 AUS is $46,987 USD. $69,000 AUS is $49,887 USD.

Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
Exciting! I'm not seeing 2 and 4 door specifics in the PDF. Any ideas?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Sport $64.990
Rubicon $69.000
Overland $69.000

Wow? You Guys Down Under have not received any JLs yet? I am only surprised because there is forum member from Melbourne or some place that has been criticizing the JLs in a lot of post. He did it so often I just assumed he had seen and driven one and was disappointed. Or maybe he drove one in another country? I am guessing not thought because I actually asked him directly if he had actually driven a JL. The guy never replied back. He just continued to basically trash the JL.

Let us know how you Guys from Down Under like the JL after you drive them. Cheers!

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently JLs will be availabe for test driving in late December.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep USA, for the Sahara has an option named "Selec-Trac". This will be compulsory for us in the Sport and Overland - helping to push up the prices I think.

Perhaps with fewer choices it reduces the number of spare parts jeep Australia needs to carry.

Aussie 4WD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)

Sport $64.990
Rubicon $69.000
Overland $69.000

Thanks for that.
I had been chasing dealers to find out when we could "pre-order" the car. None knew anything and did not have any information.
I just called a dealer after seeing your post and I was now able to put an "expression of interest" deposit down of $1,000 and they will hold a spot for my order.
Once the final specs and pricing come out, I can customise my car or get a refund.
Dealer said expected delivery is March / April 2019 though :-(

Sponsored

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62

Sport $64.990
Rubicon $69.000
Overland $69.000

Thanks for that.
I had been chasing dealers to find out when we could "pre-order" the car. None knew anything and did not have any information.
I just called a dealer after seeing your post and I was now able to put an "expression of interest" deposit down of $1,000 and they will hold a spot for my order.
Once the final specs and pricing come out, I can customise my car or get a refund.

Sport $64.990
Rubicon $69.000
Overland $69.000

Thanks for that.
Hi lads, has anyone got an update on the AU release date, final specs/colours/test drives etc.. ?? i not putting my hard-earned $ into a dealers hands until they can show me something more recent than a training guide form Feb 2018. if it means i wait longer- so be it, i need to see and drive to make my final call. and i hoping those prices reduce to more like the prices we have now otherwise, i might just update my Y62 for a new one.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If we can test drive one in late December that implies the brochure will be available some weeks before that.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
If we can test drive one in late December that implies the brochure will be available some weeks before that.
perhaps they waiting for the ute to be announced on the 28th Nov cause Dec is like 3 days away and with Christmas shutdowns etc, only leaves 2 maybe 3 weeks and same in Jan.
i do hope they have test drive in Dec, but i not going to hold my breath

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Congratulations! That’s awesome! It reminds me of the excitement I felt when I saw pictures of the 2014 Chevy SS hitting our shore!
Sponsored