Sponsored

JL Wrangler 2 door questions - leather seats, red color, electric top?

Lanelane

First Name
Elaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Compass
Hi all, does anyone know if the 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2 door will offer back up camera, leather seats. I've had 2 wranglers, presently a compass with 4000 miles...had to trade so I could drive my great nephew, but now I can get back to a wrangler, also will there be red ones :) The compass is nice and I'm 57 and it would probably be fitting for over 57 year old women...but I just love wranglers, the wave, the ride, also heard they may be introducing electric soft top? Anything anyone can tell me to what to look forward to or how to order the jeep I want, would be greatly appreciated, I see their bringing the JK back which would be fine for me, but really rather have leather seats. Thanks all...cheers..and hope to be getting my jeep wave on as soon as the 2018s come out.

383426_3416019770968_984858004_n.jpg
Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Hi Elaine! Welcome to the site. There's some great sticky'd threads up top with up to date info on the JL/JLU that might answer some of your questions (and maybe some you didn't know you even wanted to ask ;))

Backup camera is federally required with all 2018 vehicles so yes the 2018 JL 2 door will have it.

As for red color, there's been JLU prototypes spied with red paint, so the JL will probably come with it too. Besides I can't remember when red wasn't offered as a color.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Welcome!

I think the rumor is there might be a power soft top like Bestop's Trektop Pro but I'll believe it when I see it. If you like going fully convertible it's not the best option. As CC said there will be a backup camera standard. One thing's for sure they will make the JL more comfortable in a lot of ways, but many of us are still waiting to hear about engine, transmission and suspension.

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Welcome!

I think the rumor is there might be a power soft top like Bestop's Trektop Pro but I'll believe it when I see it. If you like going fully convertible it's not the best option. As CC said there will be a backup camera standard. One thing's for sure they will make the JL more comfortable in a lot of ways, but many of us are still waiting to hear about engine, transmission and suspension.
The Trektop Pro is powered?

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Welcome!

The Trektop Pro is powered?
No, it is not. The only ones I know of are the MyTop and the one from Rugged Ridge. It does have the ability to run a harness for a rear wiper, but that's about as "powered" as it gets.

Sponsored

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
No, it is not. The only ones I know of are the MyTop and the one from Rugged Ridge. It does have the ability to run a harness for a rear wiper, but that's about as "powered" as it gets.
Sorry that's my mistake. I was thinking of the MyTop but I think the rumor is it will be the Trektop Pro. Not powered but a hard/soft top hybrid in some ways. I hope they still offer a traditional soft top that is a light simple design and comes off easily.

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Sorry that's my mistake. I was thinking of the MyTop but I think the rumor is it will be the Trektop Pro. Not powered but a hard/soft top hybrid in some ways. I hope they still offer a traditional soft top that is a light simple design and comes off easily.
Where'd you hear that rumor? 'Cuz I had commented a while back that it was my theory, but I don't recall seeing anywhere that it was a rumor.

OP
OP

Lanelane

First Name
Elaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Compass
Hi Elaine! Welcome to the site. There's some great sticky'd threads up top with up to date info on the JL/JLU that might answer some of your questions (and maybe some you didn't know you even wanted to ask ;))

Backup camera is federally required with all 2018 vehicles so yes the 2018 JL 2 door will have it.

As for red color, there's been JLU prototypes spied with red paint, so the JL will probably come with it too. Besides I can't remember when red wasn't offered as a color.
thanks much, so looking forward to owning another wrangler...compass just doesn't do it for me ha
Sponsored