OP

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Yea so it's confirmed. This setting item doesn't exist of us Manual Transmission JL owners.

Next step...how do we make FCA aware of this issue? Wish i could "report a bug"...
Sponsored

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
I talked to my dealer about it, not sure what he can do but he can tell me if he took it up the chain or tell me who to talk to. If not we'll have to start emailing up the chain.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I checked my unconnect under settings and there doesn’t appear Options to control heated seats or heated wheels at startup. It appears to only be an option if you have an automatic transmission that has the ability to remote start.
Late availability! 2019 Model Year!

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Yea so it's confirmed. This setting item doesn't exist of us Manual Transmission JL owners.

Next step...how do we make FCA aware of this issue? Wish i could "report a bug"...
@JeepCares could you look into it ?
This is kinda stupid to have to deactivate this manually all the time, cause us manual don’t have the ability to enable/disable that automatic feature !

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Just checked my JLUR manual transmission and like you, I don’t have the option in uconnect settings to control the automatic activation of the heated seats and steering wheel below 40 degrees.
Huh, that's odd...definitlely dont need all that cranked on at 40...

Sponsored

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sounds like this will work well for us in southern AZ. Not to many days below 40 but when it is, we think it's freezing!
It will give you a nice tattoo of your seat on your back and ass!
Seriously I keep forgetting it’s activated until my backside starts burning. I feel I need a checklist, like a pilot, to run through all of the settings I need to make before taking off!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
It will give you a nice tattoo of your seat on your back and ass!
Seriously I keep forgetting it’s activated until my backside starts burning. I feel I need a checklist, like a pilot, to run through all of the settings I need to make before taking off!
Tower: "Bam1111, please taxi to the end of your driveway and hold for assignment."
Bam1111: "Roger, tower. Deactivating ESS now. Running checklist."
Co-Pilot: "ESS deactivated. Engaging UConnect for pre-check diagnostics."
Pilot: "Confirm outside temperature of a sunny, 38 degrees. Cabin hot as hell due to larger JL greenhouse. Deactivate seat warmers."
Co-Pilot: "Roger that. Should I also deactivate the heated steering wheel? Temps are well within acceptable limits."
Pilot: "Roger that. Ventilated seats would actually be nice right about now, but that f-n owner's manual lied to all of us, so..."
Co-Pilot: "Captain, the rear defrost is non-functional right now, do we proceed with departure?"
Pilot: "Affirm. Go around back and scrape the rear glass that is supposed to defrost via electrical connection that we actually paid more money for because the soft top doesn't have that. We'll just limit how much we actually look backwards (plus, there's that cool periscope camera-thingy poking out through our spare tire...)
Co-Pilot: "Scraping complete, Capt. Should I activate running lights?"
Pilot: "Negative. They were activated upon start up, with absolutely no way to deactivate them while the vehicle is running."
Tower: "Attention, Bam1111. You are cleared for take off on runway I-95"
Pilot: "Thank you, tower. Adjusting non-memory, non-power, non-ventilated seats now with clunky, ratchet mechanism, even though I paid like, $55k for this rig."
Co-Pilot: "You know, honey, we could just order in..."

DudeJeeper

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Granite HardRock Rubicon.
Tower: "Bam1111, please taxi to the end of your driveway and hold for assignment."
Bam1111: "Roger, tower. Deactivating ESS now. Running checklist."
Co-Pilot: "ESS deactivated. Engaging UConnect for pre-check diagnostics."
Pilot: "Confirm outside temperature of a sunny, 38 degrees. Cabin hot as hell due to larger JL greenhouse. Deactivate seat warmers."
Co-Pilot: "Roger that. Should I also deactivate the heated steering wheel? Temps are well within acceptable limits."
Pilot: "Roger that. Ventilated seats would actually be nice right about now, but that f-n owner's manual lied to all of us, so..."
Co-Pilot: "Captain, the rear defrost is non-functional right now, do we proceed with departure?"
Pilot: "Affirm. Go around back and scrape the rear glass that is supposed to defrost via electrical connection that we actually paid more money for because the soft top doesn't have that. We'll just limit how much we actually look backwards (plus, there's that cool periscope camera-thingy poking out through our spare tire...)
Co-Pilot: "Scraping complete, Capt. Should I activate running lights?"
Pilot: "Negative. They were activated upon start up, with absolutely no way to deactivate them while the vehicle is running."
Tower: "Attention, Bam1111. You are cleared for take off on runway I-95"
Pilot: "Thank you, tower. Adjusting non-memory, non-power, non-ventilated seats now with clunky, ratchet mechanism, even though I paid like, $55k for this rig."
Co-Pilot: "You know, honey, we could just order in..."
Hahahha. Nice!!

DudeJeeper

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Granite HardRock Rubicon.

Unbelievable. Sometimes the Smartest Engineer in the room is the Owner. Argh.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Good luck, unless it's a safety item, it'll take many years to get the JEEP PEOPLE to make a change in the basic programing-

Usually before any major change, or instead--a TBS will be issued, but even that will take considerable time-

What's the real problem you're having--the wheel/seats heating system in my RAM is welcome when it's below 40 deg--it's the same system !

Whatever

JIMBO

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
For years I have been complaining...manufacturers should force their design engineers to actually have to use their products before they start the assembly lines.

mat071975

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have the manual transmission, and I have the same problem.
I do like the feature, but I agree, we should be able to adjust the threshold to the inside temperature not the outside. Today is 38 degrees here in VA, and parked under the sun, the inside temperature was more like 55.
Since I mostly like the feature, I have not tried to turn it off. But I think I did a few days ago, when I switched the AC out of "Auto" mode.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
For years I have been complaining...manufacturers should force their design engineers to actually have to use their products before they start the assembly lines.
You mean like, with all of the pre-production models that have been driving around everywhere?

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
Yea standard = no auto start, but we should still be able to turn off auto seat heat, and wheel heat.

It's so annoying, i get in my car, outside temps are 39 degrees F, and now i have to hit three buttons before i can drive: 1. turn off wheel heat, 2. turn off seat heat, and 3. turn off Auto Start/Stop.
I have the auto start steering wheel and seat heat on my current Ram. I just hit the buttons to turn it off when I want it off. Yes I have to do that every time. But its not really a big deal. Just saying
Sponsored