First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Hi all
New poster from Sydney Australia Since 2001 had a WJ, JKU and now ordered a JLUR in March 19, We've been waiting ages for the RHD version but they are trickling in now. Pretty excited.
I've been able to get my build sheet on-line but is the dealer the only way to get the status of the build? our dealers are just hopeless...
What's this "Sticker" you guys mention/
G'day, Ozjeeper1 (sorry...I couldn't resist...)

Great to hear from Oz; I've enjoyed some great wheeling in Oz (places like Fraser Island and the Daintree Rainforest (staying on existing roads in the Daintree)...my avatar photo was taken on Magnetic Island)...anyway, getting back on thread...

For build status updates, I used Jeep Chat on https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge . If you contact them, be sure to ask for the alphanumeric status code for your build. At the end of this post I will attach a guide to the alphanumeric codes previously posted by OldGuyNewJeep. Don't be alarmed by the "Noooo!" at JB status; this is the body vendor code where some of your options may be installed, and your build may spend several days in this status. KZ is the last built code, and means your build is released by the plant and invoiced.

The codes after "plain" KZ are the traffic (shipping) codes, and you may have to rely on your dealer for updates after KZ. Overseas shipment may be quite different from these codes, which are focused upon domestic rail transport.

The "window sticker" you asked about is an informative label placed by law on new vehicles sold in the US, identifying the exact vehicle, it's factory-installed equipment, expected fuel mileage and such. The tracking feature at the beginning of this thread provides a means of obtaining a copy of the sticker early in the ordering/delivery process.

Best regards,
Lateapex :jk:

alphanumeric codes:

It’s pretty easy. Go to Jeep.com and click on Live Chat. Pester the poor minimum wage worker on the other end for your status. Berate them when they don’t tell you what you want to hear, then post a rant here outlining exactly how much you hate FCA and how you feel slighted because they aren’t giving you up to the minute supply line and plant status. Paste that rant as a reply to several other, not necessarily related, threads. Repeat this every day until your Jeep comes.

:cwl:

Just kidding. Don’t do any of that. We have enough people doing that, already. :bandit:

BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Noooo!
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

Advertisement

Last edited:

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Hello all, just tried to order a 2019 JLUR with the v6, but that engine is currently unavailable. Anyone know how long this could last? Hoping the dealership can get it ordered as soon as possible!
Holy cow!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Hello all, just tried to order a 2019 JLUR with the v6, but that engine is currently unavailable. Anyone know how long this could last? Hoping the dealership can get it ordered as soon as possible!
Another post stated that Gladiator production demand was causing a shortage of V6 engines...

Ozjeeper1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
G'day, Ozjeeper1 (sorry...I couldn't resist...)

Great to hear from Oz; I've enjoyed some great wheeling in Oz (places like Fraser Island and the Daintree Rainforest (staying on existing roads in the Daintree)...my avatar photo was taken on Magnetic Island)...anyway, getting back on thread...

For build status updates, I used Jeep Chat on https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge . If you contact them, be sure to ask for the alphanumeric status code for your build. At the end of this post I will attach a guide to the alphanumeric codes previously posted by OldGuyNewJeep. Don't be alarmed by the "Noooo!" at JB status; this is the body vendor code where some of your options may be installed, and your build may spend several days in this status. KZ is the last built code, and means your build is released by the plant and invoiced.

The codes after "plain" KZ are the traffic (shipping) codes, and you may have to rely on your dealer for updates after KZ. Overseas shipment may be quite different from these codes, which are focused upon domestic rail transport.

The "window sticker" you asked about is an informative label placed by law on new vehicles sold in the US, identifying the exact vehicle, it's factory-installed equipment, expected fuel mileage and such. The tracking feature at the beginning of this thread provides a means of obtaining a copy of the sticker early in the ordering/delivery process.

Best regards,
Lateapex :jk:

alphanumeric codes:
Thanks so much for taking the time and the detailed reply
I'm glad you've enjoyed places like Fraser Been there a few times myself but funnily not in my Jeep.
I actually tried the community group but they advised they're not able to help overseas buyers. Fair enough.
I've resigned to the fact I just have to wait as will many others.
It appears we RHDers in OZ are about 18 plus plus months behind you.
Thanks again

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you've enjoyed places like Fraser Been there a few times myself but funnily not in my Jeep.
I actually tried the community group but they advised they're not able to help overseas buyers. Fair enough.
Thanks again
If you use jeep chat, try using a random US address and phone number. I think this is how Canadians get the information from jeep chat (they just use a random US address). They should be able to at least give you the build status.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Pearl JLUR, 1997/2001/2-2014 Rams, 1979 Ford, 1978 Ford step-side
Thanks again
Morning Oz, I've read in earlier posts that if you are outside the US and 'chat' won't give you and update, give them a made up address from the US. can't remember if it worked, but worth a try. :like:

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you use jeep chat, try using a random US address and phone number. I think this is how Cnadians get the information from jeep chat (they just use a random US address). They should be able to at least give you the build status.
looks like I should have read all the posts before I posted. I gave the same info pokey.:LOL:

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cant be good news this morning as there was only 3 jeeps completed in the last 24 hours. :(:(

SPooN887

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
After 6 days short of 4 months I finally got an email for the build sheet! Does this mean it's finally built, or just getting ready to go through the assembly line?

Sponsored

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 6 days short of 4 months I finally got an email for the build sheet! Does this mean it's finally built, or just getting ready to go through the assembly line?
I believe once you get the built sheet it's built. you can go to page 1 and check open status to be sure.

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It says one was ordered on 9/1/2018 and is now found/found. Holy cow. I wonder what took them so long .
that's scary. hope I don't get in that boat. :facepalm:

Moonlight_Ken

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL WRANGER UNLIMITED
Finally got the new Jeep home on Friday... we are a 200 mile drive from the dealer we worked with and had rain all the way home. Got some good use of wipers and LOVE the adaptive cruise.

I was surprised at all of the bells and whistles ... We got the full entertainments system with navigation. Wife is jealous that her 2014 RX350 does not have some features I have.

Next up is a full tire and wheel swap on Monday. Going from the Sahara 18's down to 17". Not doing anything big as I doubt we will see much off road use.

Dealer said they were surprised how little time it took for it to come in. They were not even aware the plant was closed for three weeks. So factoring that in the order to deliver was 2-1/2 weeks. But the dealer is 75 miles from Toledo.

Happy Dancing here!
IMG_0561.jpg

Moonlight_Ken

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL WRANGER UNLIMITED
Sorry if I've skipped anyone's replies, you've all be great. Anyway, we got a call about 1:30 it was in, I told the salesman we'd be there about 3:30-4:00. We got there about 4:00, and had the paperwork signed and we were on our way by 5:00. We arranged our own financing, and I'd already given our auto insurance company the information.

BTW: We were very surprised how LOW the auto insurance was for a new $50k Jeep! About $380 a year, prorated 'till Dec 31 at $200. AMICA is our carrier for both cars, both motorcycles, and home.
Clearly your not in Michigan. We have the highest rates in the US. We are a no-fault state with all kinds of weird rules so insurance companies hate Michiga. I am on USAA and its' about $1200 / year.

Roubaix19

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 Wrangler Sahara 4-dr.
Finally got the new Jeep home on Friday... we are a 200 mile drive from the dealer we worked with and had rain all the way home. Got some good use of wipers and LOVE the adaptive cruise.

I was surprised at all of the bells and whistles ... We got the full entertainments system with navigation. Wife is jealous that her 2014 RX350 does not have some features I have.

Next up is a full tire and wheel swap on Monday. Going from the Sahara 18's down to 17". Not doing anything big as I doubt we will see much off road use.

Dealer said they were surprised how little time it took for it to come in. They were not even aware the plant was closed for three weeks. So factoring that in the order to deliver was 2-1/2 weeks. But the dealer is 75 miles from Toledo.

Happy Dancing here!
IMG_0561.jpg
Sounds like mine...........
roubaix 2019 4 Sahara 3.6L Pentastar FOUND FOUND 6/3/2019 6/12/2019

Advertisement

Advertisement