First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Pipe fitter
I stopped and seen my salesman today because I was right there. She’s not sure what the hold up is either and said they’d call next week if we hadn’t gotten a delivery date yet. And we’re just under 3 hours from the plant.

Advertisement

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

KZ status on my replacement! woohoo. The wait continues...

When does the window sticker usually become available?
I confirmed KZ with Jeep Chat on my lil' punkin on 5/2/19 (yesterday)...got window sticker today (5/3).

Happy dance!!!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I stopped and seen my salesman today because I was right there. She’s not sure what the hold up is either and said they’d call next week if we hadn’t gotten a delivery date yet. And we’re just under 3 hours from the plant.
Kinda makes you wish you could do a factory pickup! Anyway, I'm on the west coast, so I could be waiting for a while.

Sandow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red 2 DR Rubicon
We ordered a JLU Rubicon from our dealership on 2/26/19. The dealership ordered it as stock inventory instead of a customer sold order so alas, the JL hasn't been built yet. I've been in contact with the dealership weekly about having our name added to the order to get the build moving. The dealership has told me they've tried adding our name to the order multiple times and each time they go back in our name has been removed.

They've contacted their rep and he said the jeep would be built by the end of April. I received a call from our salesman on Saturday and he stated that our Jeep now has a ship date of May 10th. He's seen vehicles come in a few days before the date and he's seen them come in a couple of weeks after the date.

When we asked what the dealership could do for us because this is taking such a long time since the order was placed incorrectly he informed us that the dealership placed the order correctly (he has a piece of paper with our name and address on the order they placed the salesman claims) and it's Jeep's fault. We can't hold the dealership responsible for Jeep's mistake but they could probably throw in a couple of oil changes and car washes. The Jeep just has a VIN and nothing else.

I'm looking for recommendations on what to do. Do I tell the dealership I'm going some place else to place my order and leave them stuck with the Jeep and cancel my check for the deposit? Or do I hang in there and hope it's built before the shutdown?
I would cancel the check and go somewhere else. A couple oil changes and car washes? Wow. I actually mentioned your problem to my sales rep to make sure mine was ordered as a customer order, and he said it is very simple for them to correct the problem within a matter of minutes, and it sounded like you're getting the run around from them.

Sponsored

The Old Troll

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wow, I am finally getting close. I ordered my JLUR on 4/16. I just checked with my dealer and was told that it left the factory on 5/1 and the train should be arriving (in Benicia, CA) on or about 5/12. I am hoping it arrives at my dealer (Santa Clara, CA) on or about the 14th. I can not wait! I have some work scheduled on the 20th and then hope to drive it 250+ miles up the old Applegate Trail (from Imlay in central NV to Goose Lake in NE California) with my two kids in June.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I received 2 Emails from the dealer earlier today. First one said loaded today (even had time of loading...I was surprised they load on Sundays since production is only other six days of week). Second Email (about 2 hours later) gave me estimated arrival date in CA.

After KZ (released by plant and invoiced) status, supposedly you must rely on dealerships for traffic (shipping) status, rather than Jeep Chat.

Hogghead

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipe fitter
They actually work Sundays. My build started last Sunday.

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I didn't know that...elsewhere I saw 6 days/week, 2 shifts...coulda been old info, though...

just for fun, I googled an overhead image of the Toledo Jeep plant rail shipping operation...its a big-time operation! (Couldn't find my JL!) lol!

Econrads024

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
So mine has been in JB status (shipped to body vendor) for 5 days now... any idea what could be holding it up there? Everytime I talk to them on the chat they say they are installing additional equipment??

Hogghead

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipe fitter
I’m not sure what all is considered extra equipment they put in afterwards. Hopefully it won’t be held up to long. But mine was like that for about three days then they said it was in scheduling and had been for 2 days when they day before it was JB. I think maybe their timeline is behind sometimes. Plus some of the agents seem to know more than others do.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Good thing they got to your build...scuttlebut is 3 week shutdown looming in May!
I asked Jeep Chat about the shutdown multiple times when checking on the status of my build and they keep saying they know nothing about a shutdown. Maybe they wouldn't know or can't say. Seems odd. I dunno. My Moab has been in D for a week. Seems slow to get started.

Advertisement

Advertisement