JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

TideDown

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
We ordered our JLU Rubicon on 2/26/19 and all we have is a VIN and are in D status. The people on Jeep Care Chat said the Jeep didn't show us as owners of the Jeep but showed the dealership as the owners. I've called the dealership multiple times and they've tried to add our name to the order but have been unsuccessful. It's frustrating to see Jeeps ordered after we've ordered ours getting completed and we are still at just having a VIN. Does anyone know how to get the ball moving or am I just stuck waiting?
Sometimes even being a customer order you sit and wait... I am 49 days into my order and still waiting. It’s frustrating as crap. Especially when I ordered right after the color Bikini was released. My dealer has 2 Sahara’s in bikini sitting on the lot- but since I just had to have a Rubi, I continue to sit and wait.

Advertisement

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Once I received my VIN, the dealership sent me an updated Purchase Order Confirmation that had the estimated ship date.
They don't give an estimated ship date that early in the process. Others that received that date say it turned out to be the estimated build date. But since they are building them from order to shipping in 3 days now it could be shipped before it is built. You are going to miss the deeply moving experience of waiting 3 months for it.

Tabbycat

First Name
Tabitha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Rub, 1998 Jeep Sahara
Sometimes even being a customer order you sit and wait... I am 49 days into my order and still waiting. It’s frustrating as crap. Especially when I ordered right after the color Bikini was released. My dealer has 2 Sahara’s in bikini sitting on the lot- but since I just had to have a Rubi, I continue to sit and wait.
Yes it is! Frustrating as crap!

grapesie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock
They don't give an estimated ship date that early in the process. Others that received that date say it turned out to be the estimated build date. But since they are building them from order to shipping in 3 days now it could be shipped before it is built. You are going to miss the deeply moving experience of waiting 3 months for it.
They’re truly building them that fast?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They’re truly building them that fast?
Some are reporting 14 to 20 days order to delivery. Others are 4 to 5 weeks. No one has solved that mystery yet.

Sponsored

KirbyHouTx

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 2019 Mercedes AMG C63S (ordered)
Nothing yet. Hoping for 3/27. I'm not sure if that's in Pearland or dealership. I'll reach out to him tomorrow. How you liking yours? Today's gonna be great weather to go topless!
Well? Anything?

grapesie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock
Ordered 3/22
VIN 3/25
D1 yesterday

Anyone track from D1 recently, to give me an idea on ETA?
Update -

Ordered 3/22
VIN 3/25
D1 3/28
KZ today, 4/1

Jeep Chat said 'We do see that the your vehicle is in the ship phase currently, but at this time I do not see a current ETA window for when it will be arriving at the dealer.'

dixie_grl85

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2015 GMC Yukon XL
So...can someone explain to me this "estimated ship date"? The nice little sheet the dealer gave to me on the 23rd says the estimated ship date was the 20th. As of the 29th, it was still in Toledo. So is the estimated ship date the date it was okayed by the factory? Or is it the day they expect it to leave the factory? Or am I missing something? I was never given an ETA date, which is why Im curious. (Im not a very patient person...obviously.)

Sponsored

grapesie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock
Update -

Ordered 3/22
VIN 3/25
D1 3/28
KZ today, 4/1

Jeep Chat said 'We do see that the your vehicle is in the ship phase currently, but at this time I do not see a current ETA window for when it will be arriving at the dealer.'
Is it abnormal that I was told KZ today, but status for Build / Window Sticker on the tool both say 'NONE'?

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
My Sahara is in, will be picking it up today!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Update -

Ordered 3/22
VIN 3/25
D1 3/28
KZ today, 4/1

Once in KZ get your updates from the dealer. They have the VLS app that tells them the last time and location the railcar passed an RFID reader or the Jeep started and an ETA of delivery.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So...can someone explain to me this "estimated ship date"? The nice little sheet the dealer gave to me on the 23rd says the estimated ship date was the 20th. As of the 29th, it was still in Toledo. So is the estimated ship date the date it was okayed by the factory? Or is it the day they expect it to leave the factory? Or am I missing something? I was never given an ETA date, which is why Im curious. (Im not a very patient person...obviously.)
Was it built already when the dealer gave you the estimated ship date? Before the build some people had received what they were told was the estimated ship date but turned out to be the estimated build date. If it has hit KZ then the dealer should have an update on his VLS system. Also, actual shipping occurs when there are enough orders going to the same area so they can fill a rail car. I've seen them move out the same day or wait in Toledo for days. If you look at the factory on Google Earth you will see several huge parking lots near the factory filled with Wranglers waiting to ship.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered last Monday, 3/25, arrived today!
That doesn't seem physically possible if it is being shipped to Florida. I don't think a train can make it from Toledo to there in 3 to 4 days.

Advertisement

Advertisement