Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Hi all,

New to site and where do you go to track your order besides the chat function, the first page of the post list a email notification. I just ordered Monday and all I have is the VON number

Regards,
Jim
That info is here:
Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com
The process, including the cryptostickers website many track with, is listed in the first post. There is also a ton of good information in the guide on what to expect.

Advertisement

Last edited:

reddipl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’m not going to go back and forth with you on this, we obviously have differing definitions of “different values”; even at a $1,200 difference that’s less than 2% on a $56k purchase. KBB valuation is a rough tool, and not an exact thing, so that’s just rough numbers right now from an algorithm. I’m absolutely sure the difference between the two model would be negligible, and any dealer would see that based on mileage and condition and price both accordingly.
Dead horse….

Serenity

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I ordered a JLUR-XR on 10/8 first thing in the morning and my VIN is 100684. I'm just hoping it shows up by February. 🤞

And, knowing the dimwits at JEEP, I would imagine they are perfectly capable of taking something simple and screwing it up over and over again.
I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question but why do you think it would take as long as Feb. I was told 8 weeks at most and here in Toledo that has been pretty much the norm.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question but why do you think it would take as long as Feb. I was told 8 weeks at most and here in Toledo that has been pretty much the norm.
Not the person you're replying to, but all of these factors seem to be at play:

• Supply chain constraints mean components are sometimes delayed, and an XR has a lot of non-standard components
  • Shipping is also pretty screwy, and it sounds like some people are waiting weeks for a vehicle to get out of Toledo to the final destination
  • Holidays mean that December is likely to be a bit light on production
  • There's still uncertainty as to when 2022 production will actually start
  • There may be more 2021 orders that get rescheduled for 2022 and will (hopefully, I'd think, for the owners) take precedence
  • No one really knows how Jeep picks the order to build the vehicles

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
That info is here:
Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com
The process, including the cryptostickers website many track with, is listed in the first post. There is also a ton of good information in the guide on what to expect.
Thanks for the link/info, signed up got a vin today ordered Monday night so will see how long the waiting game will take

Regards,
Jim

Sponsored

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Definitely not a dumb question, as Jeep excels at doing dumb and provides pretty lackluster customer service (see the Jeep website that only allows you to build 2021 Wrangler, which you cannot order, but doesn't have squat on the 2022 Wranglers which we began ordering on 10/8). I'm just looking at the potential delay to the final 2021 builds, and then the holidays severely limiting production for a few weeks when/if 2022 builds begin (hopefully sometime next week if we are lucky) and then you will have to get the Jeep shipped sometime in January. Therefore I'm thinking a February date is probably the most reasonable. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but don't have a lot of confidence in the Jeep build process right now. I totally get the supply chain issues and holiday production loss, just wish Jeep would communicate big picture production plans with the many Jeep loyalists out here. Cheers! 🍻

Last edited:

Serenity

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Definitely not a dumb question, as Jeep excels at doing dumb and provides pretty lackluster customer service (see the Jeep website that only allows you to build 2021 Wrangler, which you cannot order, but doesn't have squat on the 2022 Wranglers which we began ordering on 10/8). I'm just looking at the potential delay to the final 2021 builds, and then the holidays severely limiting production for a few weeks when/if 2022 builds begin (hopefully sometime next week if we are lucky) and then you will have to get the Jeep shipped sometime in January. Therefore I'm thinking## a February date is probably the most reasonable. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but don't have a lot of confidence in the Jeep build process right now. I totally get the supply chain issues and holiday production loss, just wish Jeep would commutate big picture production plans with the many Jeep loyalists out here. Cheers! 🍻
I'm not sure if the plant is down for Chrismas it was in the past I believe for 2 weeks but from hearing from a friend that works on forklifts sometimes there he doesn't think they will have the shut down at least this year. What has been reported in the papers and the news is that so far the supply chain issues have not affected the Toledo plant. I think they said something like Wranglers chips are getting the priority. The 3 local dealers I went to for quotes for my build all gave the same timeline. But I understand your skeptism the reasons I ordered on 11/26 was #1 Getting Tuscerdaro Pink #2 With the whole automotive industry in a mess I wanted to make sure I had my choice of a ride before May when my Wrangler is up on lease. I completely agree about the customer service it sucks big time. I'm just going to keep in contact with my salesman weekly. Good Luck!

HeygirlHey

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snazzberry Sahara Altitude (on order)
I ordered on 11/1 -just got a call from the dealership saying "great news! Got you a VIN, and you're in D-status, currently being built!" Ehhh, I feel like he's blowing smoke since I haven't heard anything in a month and have had my VIN since 11/5 from Cryptosticker. :CWL: - Also, what would elevate MY little old wrangler to the top of the '22 build list to be so privileged?

I'm glad I have the forum to keep my expectations in check! He thinks it's 4-6 weeks out, but again, I think he just wanted to have something to say - or maybe they don't really know what these statuses mean. Either way...my cryptostickers hasn't updated to anything other than where it's been all month - so I'm going by that, and I'll get hopeful when some folks start taking delivery and having solid info on theirs.

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
I'm not sure if the plant is down for Chrismas it was in the past I believe for 2 weeks but from hearing from a friend that works on forklifts sometimes there he doesn't think they will have the shut down at least this year. What has been reported in the papers and the news is that so far the supply chain issues have not affected the Toledo plant. I think they said something like Wranglers chips are getting the priority. The 3 local dealers I went to for quotes for my build all gave the same timeline. But I understand your skeptism the reasons I ordered on 11/26 was #1 Getting Tuscerdaro Pink #2 With the whole automotive industry in a mess I wanted to make sure I had my choice of a ride before May when my Wrangler is up on lease. I completely agree about the customer service it sucks big time. I'm just going to keep in contact with my salesman weekly. Good Luck!
Finally...a local who can perhaps provide the Forum with at least local news from the Wrangler plant...

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
Update:

11/22 Picked Up!

7E5EF66E-6374-45D3-8F59-35297145016A.jpeg
Great looking Jeep, Merc. Congratulations. What tires (size)? I assume those were stock on the Willys?
I'm waiting on a 2door JLR and almost went with white. Looks great.

Sponsored

Julierpa

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
JC Opened up an escalation today when I asked about status (Still in D gathering parts) since it was ordered in August. Wonder if that actually helps things or just a way to appease those in waiting.
This whole process is maddening. Ordered mine 8/16. Had zero progress until week 12 when I was finally told it was being built. Was supposed to ship 11/29. That did not happen. Still waiting for any updates. My jeep sat for 12 weeks with no progress. I wound up ordering a second one on 11/5 bc I gave up hope on the first one and it is already in the exact same status as the first one that had a 12 week jump start. There is no structure or rules to any of this. And I am still without a Jeep almost 4 months after purchase. Big sigh.

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
I wonder if there is a correlation between those with longer wait periods and options added. For me, I have the cold weather, light w/ aux accessor switches, safety and advance safety packages, etc. I am expecting more time to build my order based to the number of chips required.

Or, is it do to some other option that's difficult for FCA to obtain (steel bumpers, certain seat choices, etc.)?

MoHeTow!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUR4XE Tuscadero ordered
I've been watching this thread for weeks waiting for the 22's to start production before I start to get anxious about the 22 JLUR 4XE we ordered but watching Crypto stickers progress for the total of daily updates that has been at less than 30 a day for at least a couple of week seems really slow. I understand that this is probably not every order in production, but I see close to 700 open 21's still waiting to be even updated. It would be interesting to see something in stats that shows how many they are actually completing because under 30 a day is a far cry from 500 a day that I've seen on other threads that they actually complete. Just an observation.

kNUCKLEHEAD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara
This is the post I have been waiting to make.
Ordered 9/13/2021 VIN 9/15/2021 Received 12/2/2021
3.6 / auto
This whole process was not a lesson in patience as I still do not have any! :)
This is my experience only. I have read many that differ. Jeep Chat is an awesome resource but in my experience they are always behind the curve of what is actually happening. Customer Care was usually behind Jeep Chat. The most accurate resource I had was the Sales Manager at the dealership. He is the one that actually entered my order into the system and when he checked for me his information was always ahead of any info I had from jeep. I consider myself one of the lucky ones as I was just short of three months from start to finish. I am beyond pleased with the jeep. I know if I had not placed an order I would have never found exactly what I wanted. I searched nation wide and Mobile Alabama had one that was close but still not exact. I am here in east Texas and that was just a little too far. I put almost every option they had including the gorilla glass. It was worth the wait, as painful as it was! I read hundreds of post on this forum and it helped my thru the hard times!!
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 20211203_100700~2

Advertisement

Advertisement