Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
My Rubi build that was supposed to happen sometime in September (ordered 7/28) , then November is finally getting built of Dec 4 or 5. thats the story I have been told. its the last day of 2021 build. by some miracle even if the build starts, I do not think they can actually finish and ship it by this year.

Mine is high dollar build too with pretty much every option there was to select. Lesson learned the hard way

Advertisement

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
My Rubi build that was supposed to happen sometime in September (ordered 7/28) , then November is finally getting built of Dec 4 or 5. thats the story I have been told. its the last day of 2021 build. by some miracle even if the build starts, I do not think they can actually finish and ship it by this year.

Mine is high dollar build too with pretty much every option there was to select. Lesson learned the hard way
Gotta admit, it's kinda F'd up to have to order a jeep with limited options in order to get it in a timely manner. The whole point of going the ordering route is to get the options YOU want.

Still waiting on mine as well. Ordered 8/23.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
Gotta admit, it's kinda F'd up to have to order a jeep with limited options in order to get it in a timely manner. The whole point of going the ordering route is to get the options YOU want.

Still waiting on mine as well. Ordered 8/23.
No kidding. I had one on the lot at a different dealership but it didnt have the trailcam and something else that i cant remember right now. I thought if i am going to spend this kind of money on a toy, I would rather get exactly what I want. well... may be. Honestly, at this point i am hoping it gets delayed by a few more days and they slap a 22 sticker on it

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual
Still waiting for my build to begin. I am one of those left on crypto stickers. Ordered on 8/9. Willys sport with few options....I think they just don't like me very very much.

Gotta be built this week right?

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
It'll update with more info later today or tomorrow. There's some sort of periodic refresh that goes on. The -1 doors, etc, happens when you first put something in before it updates.
You won't see any info on it until the build sheet is found

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
You won't see any info on it until the build sheet is found
This has not been my experience.

When you first put in info, it'll display placeholder values for things like engine size and number of doors, listing them as "-1" or blank and show the last updated date as way in the past.

Within a 24 hour cycle (don't know exactly when it is), it'll show a current last updated date and proper information in the number of doors/engine for the order, long before there's a build sheet found.

Case in point, PKJeep posted this immediately after uploading their order:
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1638203152769

A build sheet has not yet been found, however, the details have since updated
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1638203182791

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
This has not been my experience.

When you first put in info, it'll display placeholder values for things like engine size and number of doors, listing them as "-1" or blank and show the last updated date as way in the past.

Within a 24 hour cycle (don't know exactly when it is), it'll show a current last updated date and proper information in the number of doors/engine for the order, long before there's a build sheet found.

Case in point, PKJeep posted this immediately after uploading their order:

A build sheet has not yet been found, however, the details have since updated
That wasnt my experience so it may vary from order to order. All I saw were the placeholder values

Reddog74

First Name
Beck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RooRoo
Not necessarily high dollar builds with lots of options taking a back-seat. Still waiting(like Cowboy from Hell) on My 2dr Rubi, manual with just the tow package and it will be 20 weeks for me. There is no understanding WHY it is taking so long for this build. They just build what they want.

Sponsored

deeseidel23

First Name
DeeDee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sahara
I hear if you order an electric (4xe) Wrangler....you get it pretty quick. I'm just not ready to pull the electrical plug yet....lol!!!! I'll wait for my gasoline engine.

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Not necessarily high dollar builds with lots of options taking a back-seat. Still waiting(like Cowboy from Hell) on My 2dr Rubi, manual with just the tow package and it will be 20 weeks for me. There is no understanding WHY it is taking so long for this build. They just build what they want.
I think just focusing on "high dollar builds" as an indicator of shipping time is a misnomer. The more options you add sure the higher the MSRP, but it's more so just increased opportunity for one of those optional parts to not be available.

I'm equally unsurprised that a 2-door Rubicon with a manual is also slow to be built. Unfortunately that's just not a combination Jeep is going to have prioritized when they're busy selling 4-door Sports and Saharas with automatics at like 10x (or more?) the rate.

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
Back in June, my dealer didn't tell me a time frame, but urged me to join Tread Lightly right away as orders had been arriving quickly.

15 weeks later to the day I picked up my rig.

I just hope the folks that ordered 22s manage their expectations better than I did. The wait was excruciating.
I agree about the wait. I honestly gave up. I have no clue when it will show up. I have a feeling 2022 will go differently for people. I think a bunch of the late orders were like mine, XR packages. My dealer told me no more than 8 weeks, I clarified this 3 times before actually placing my order. That is where my main frustration came from.

jmarrr

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Per Jeep Chat today...2022 vehicle production has now started. I contacted them today to get the VIN for my order.

Hmm, I also checked in today, and that's not exactly what I was told. Here's what I got regarding my 2022 Sahara 4xe:

JC: Thank you for your patience! I can see your order is in the scheduling stage, once all of the required parts for your order are accounted for it will be sequenced for production! Looks like they are still waiting on a few parts needed to start the build. Usually it is options that were chosen that take longer to pull together.
Me: Ok, do you know if that means that 2022 wranglers are being produced already?
JC: Yes it is just waiting for all the parts needed to start the build. Once they become available it will start production.

I'm not convinced she understood my question.

Advertisement

Advertisement