Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

jeepdreaming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara
Got an email from dealer to ask if we are available to pick it up on Saturday!!! :like::involve::party: Today is exactly 8 weeks since we ordered. Things were definitely slow in the beginning but progressed super fast in just the last few days!

Keyless entry
Gorilla glass
Trailer tow
Safety pkg
LED
8.4" audio pkg
leather seats

8/31 ordered JLU Sahara - received VON
9/7 VIN and scheduling/gathering parts
10/4 all parts gathered
10/20 - no clear indication when it will be built
10/22 framing
12/23 paint
10/25 shipping per JC and eta of 10/25-11/8
10/25 crypto build sheet
10/26 crypto window sticker and email from dealer for pickup 10/30

Advertisement

USMC_JG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
My Jeep is at the dealership!!!! Waiting for it to be gone over and hopefully picking it up tonight! Whattttt. I’m a little excited. I’m stuck at work and it’s literally a 2 minute drive from here.

Demon 2048

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR with Extreme Rubicon option
Got an email from dealer to ask if we are available to pick it up on Saturday!!! :like::involve::party: Today is exactly 8 weeks since we ordered. Things were definitely slow in the beginning but progressed super fast in just the last few days!

Keyless entry
Gorilla glass
Trailer tow
Safety pkg
LED
8.4" audio pkg
leather seats

8/31 ordered JLU Sahara - received VON
9/7 VIN and scheduling/gathering parts
10/4 all parts gathered
10/20 - no clear indication when it will be built
10/22 framing
12/23 paint
10/25 shipping per JC and eta of 10/25-11/8
10/25 crypto build sheet
10/26 crypto window sticker and email from dealer for pickup 10/30
Is it possible to get the actual window sticker? I put my VIN # at the end of the address and it gave me essentially a MS Word document not anything that looked like an actual window sticker. Thanks in advance for the help.

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
Just checked with jeep chat bot.
"I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly. "

We'll see, Hope to see a build sheet soon. Tomorrow will be 1 month since order, could be right on track.

Gravy
They have been giving me the same response for the past three weeks. Exactly how long does it take to enter the build process is anyone's guess. I sure hope you have better luck with your order. They told me 6-8 weeks from order placement to delivery to dealer, then one week later they stated 8-10 weeks. I have chosen to avoid JC, my sanity is in better shape since I quit. Obviously, I am anxious for my new Jeep, I let them have my trade based on their time estimate, but Vette weather is ending. I have made up my mind, at week 9, if not in transit, I am having them cut me a check for my trade + deposit, and I am buying a new Bronco. We shall see. I wish you luck on your order. Parts of the process are fun, some can be a bit frustrating.

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
My Jeep is at the dealership!!!! Waiting for it to be gone over and hopefully picking it up tonight! Whattttt. I’m a little excited. I’m stuck at work and it’s literally a 2 minute drive from here.
Awesome. Post pics when you get it. My co workers know I am just leaving when I get the call. Enjoy!

Sponsored

bigmac5166

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys Sport
Well apparently less is more when it comes to build times. Ordered an Unlimited Willys Sport with the only options being Hydro, Automatic, and the 2.0T:

Ordered: 10/1
VIN: 10/2
D1: ? (Currently in D with a estimated build date of 11/22)

This is compared to my buddy who ordered his fully loaded Sahara 4XE on 9/24 and is in D1 with scheduled ship date of 10/25. So odd how there really is no rhyme or reason to how these things are built.

Well some awesome news today! Looks like my Willys Sport is now scheduled to be built 11/1 and shipped 11/2 according to the dealer! Fingers cross those dates hold up. My friend's 4XE is now in KZ status with a build sheet showing up on Crypto. Looks like things are starting to move faster now!

Ordered: 10/1
VIN: 10/2
D1: 10/22 (estimated build date of 11/01)

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
May I ask how tall you are? I ordered a manual transmission, but there were none available To test drive. I’m 5’1” and am now nervous…..
So I'm 5'7", mostly driving in shoes (I put my dirty hiking boots on the mats in the back, so yeah officially probably 5'6.5"), and I haven't had any of the problems Merc mentioned. Online stumbling in the past year has turned up concerns from drivers over 6'2" but this is the first I've encountered pedal reach worries.

Now after pondering my above post for a while, I recognize that people can be upside down kangaroos but presumably still able to drive if they can move their legs the full distance of the pedals. Based on seat position, height, and back placement, perhaps 6" soles are the correct solution. It is true that being too close to the steering wheel will restrict your ability to steer and increases risk of injury from air bag deployments.

At 5'7" with the seat most upright or two to three clicks reclined, my arms are relaxed to the steering wheel. Sometimes when I have the lumbar fully flat I find I'm pointing my toes just a tad, but neither is the seat all the way forward.

Shrug. Stream of consciousness. :tumbleweed:

ps Did you know that the seats have height adjustment (during the test drive)?
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Screenshot_20211026-134403

Last edited:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
maybe read over some build sheets in your down time? 😉
I'd advise against it. You'll quicky see a number of features you missed out on from timing, dealers that didn't push the order system, etc.

I’m definitely going to have to figure something out. I will have to take it one day at a time. Maybe find a friend that doesn’t care to check theirs and they will give my the VIN. I’m just not sure.
Go the list of open orders and place bets on which will get built for the day, or the over/under on how long it will be before an order gets built. :bandit:

(Reminder, and to avoid myself getting banned, that's a site rules violation, so it either needs to be "just for fun" or done someplace else.)

ps Or just post BS here like some of us do.

pps But seriously you don't want to leave cold turkey because that will lead to excitement fatigue with your new Jeep, and you definitely don't want to be bored enough with it to order another one.

Last edited:

barrettk

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
After a long wait she's finally arrived at the dealership (Gupton)! Appointment scheduled to pick her up next Monday (would be sooner but I have to fly in). Anyone else going to be there on 11/1?
That’s when we’re picking ours up. Flying into Nashville on Sunday, driving home in the new Sahara on Monday. Can’t wait!

Sponsored

Kimmi

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac ATS, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (maybe)
You need to post pics! I am so happy for you.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
They have been giving me the same response for the past three weeks. Exactly how long does it take to enter the build process is anyone's guess. I sure hope you have better luck with your order. They told me 6-8 weeks from order placement to delivery to dealer, then one week later they stated 8-10 weeks. I have chosen to avoid JC, my sanity is in better shape since I quit. Obviously, I am anxious for my new Jeep, I let them have my trade based on their time estimate, but Vette weather is ending. I have made up my mind, at week 9, if not in transit, I am having them cut me a check for my trade + deposit, and I am buying a new Bronco. We shall see. I wish you luck on your order. Parts of the process are fun, some can be a bit frustrating.
Actually I know this may sound strange but I'm kind of hoping that I don't get it until week of Christmas. They told me 8-12 weeks when I ordered, that would be 12 weeks. I in the process of getting my Credit score up to get a better APR, December would put me over the top of great.
So even though my ADHD has me watching for build sheet updates and getting periodical updates from JC, I'm really wishing for a full run build. However there will be certane comfort when I finally see the build sheet.

Gravy

ElDiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
WOW!!! Just WOW!! I am amazed at how many people have received their Jeeps in such a small amount of time.. 14 weeks, still NOTHING but gathering parts. My dealer is still pulling the " we have about 30 other people waiting too" card. Personally, I wished I had gone with another dealership because I do not think they are doing enough for their customers:(
I'm in the exact same boat! I wonder if we have the same dealer 🙄 12 weeks and counting, dealership has not been communicative and when I reached out to them I got "You're not alone in this situation."

Advertisement

Advertisement