JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It depends on what it is. Floor mats, those are easy, but I definitely wanted my leather seats taken care of without waiting 6mo for a local shop to get the items, schedule the install, get it wrong, fix it, find out they'd covered the airbags, ... bleh. Ten days was worth it.
Right, I agree with that, but standard leather seats don’t equate to a JB run, right? My first JL didn’t hit that step.

I guess ideally, it would just be clear about what required additional time so I could make the value judgment myself.

Advertisement

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
Apparently they really love 4XE units. JC just gave me an update that I have regressed. Apparently I have moved beck to D status. Yet I just ran into a guy who ordered 4 days after I did (so he claimed), almost identical build, he was driving his JLUR XR, just picked it up today. So for all of the people out there waiting, I feel your pain. Better luck next week.
I ordered a 4xe on 21 July. Supposedly it is in the shipping stage. I'm not feeling the 4xe love. I think they use a bingo spinner or a randomizer program to determine what gets built and when. No rhyme or reason as to build/shipping priority.

Snazzy71

First Name
Lee-Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry WILLYS JL 2 Door
Anecdotally, my 2dr manual rubicon was built in 6 weeks. Not sure if that's the exception or the rule.
I got my Manual 2 Dr Willys in 5 weeks. I can’t even fathom how Jeep decides what goes and what doesn’t.

Sponsored

DirtyHaraldson

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.harrisongiven.com
Vehicle(s)
On Order - 2021 JL Sport S
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Ordered 8/17, ETA 10/27, this will be my first Jeep and pretty stoked to get behind the wheel. In the meantime I illustrated the build photo from Jeep lol. Thinking about making a dynamic wallpaper for the computer.

DCF6CB1E-25DD-40F6-AAF2-6B7BDC03E5DB.png

B2A445CA-1544-4E48-9D88-DE4EEEC5A7B7.png

FailureCoach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Corvette ZR-1, 2002 Corvette Z06, 1972 GMC
I ordered a 4xe on 21 July. Supposedly it is in the shipping stage. I'm not feeling the 4xe love. I think they use a bingo spinner or a randomizer program to determine what gets built and when. No rhyme or reason as to build/shipping priority.
You might be right. I just know on all of the recent build sheets that 4XE
s have been the majority. That said, JC is absolutely worthless, when I made the comment in the chat, I mentioned my regression, the reply was " I am so excited for your new Wrangler delivery" They stated that order time is 8-9 weeks from order placement. Well I am in week 8 with no progress, they responded with "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Look, we are in uncharted times, things are ugly all around, I work for a Deere dealership, I get it. But, if we are screwed, just tell us. I gave my deposit, and my trade based on the dealers estimate, so they have 30k of my money, and I have nothing but a piece of paper. I specifically asked about supply issues, but here I am. I could not trust their warranty support, why on earth did I think I could trust anything they said. I honestly might go get a check for my trade in, and buy a new Bronco. the extra money is worth it to actually get a product. Normally wouldn't be that guy, but in this case, it might be time to cut ties with Jeep. My build sticker is 65k, I can go buy a Sasquatch equipped Bronco for 70k locally, I'll give Jeep a week, no progress, I am out. I wish you luck on your end. Apparently jeep doesn't like our money.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think it is random like that but I do think the factory likes to process the same type of vehicle so they are not building wildly different trims, styles, colors, etc. So they may bunch a few similar trims together even though some may have been ordered after yours. So they run one body style and color in the paint line based on capacity, etc. So that may push back or speed up the order for some people. Add to that the mess in the supply chain and you end up with near chaos.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Right, I agree with that, but standard leather seats don’t equate to a JB run, right? My first JL didn’t hit that step.

I guess ideally, it would just be clear about what required additional time so I could make the value judgment myself.
Who knows. The stitched and perforated leather seats are the Katzkin things, and I was in aftermarket install for a few days and it shows "Mopar custom shop". I wouldn't put it past any business to install something just to have it removed by paid contractors a day later.

Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
I thought the same thing when I looked at my build sheet. There was no mention of the word Gorilla on it anywhere nor any codes. But do a word search for "glass" on your build sheet. If it shows up 4 times then you got the Gorilla glass. If you only see it three times then it is a no. I did see that I have the feature on my window sticker. :) I hope your situation is similar to mine.
Hmm... I wonder why that is. I am almost positive I saw Gorilla Glass listed on other's build sheets, perhaps I'm misremembering. I counted and I do have 4 instances of the word "glass" on my build sheet.

I checked some of the build sheets that were found today. Some have three instances of "glass", others have four. The fourth instance is always listed as " Window Material: Glass", that must identify Gorilla Glass? The build sheets with only three instances of glass never have "Window Material: Glass" listed.

Thanks!!

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
I do think the factory likes to process the same type of vehicle so they are not building wildly different trims, styles, colors, etc.
I agree. I retired from a GE refrigerator manufacturing plant where we built 10 different models of refrigerators. The scheduler would separate out the orders by what required the least disruption to the production line trim supply.

Each unit received the same compressor / cooling system so that was always the same but the trim level varied greatly between models. It's the same with Jeeps only worse.

That doesn't help any of us who are trying to be patient while waiting though. My saleslady keeps telling me, if you really wanted a Jeep Wrangler, it will be worth it.

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might be right. I just know on all of the recent build sheets that 4XE
s have been the majority. That said, JC is absolutely worthless, when I made the comment in the chat, I mentioned my regression, the reply was " I am so excited for your new Wrangler delivery" They stated that order time is 8-9 weeks from order placement. Well I am in week 8 with no progress, they responded with "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Look, we are in uncharted times, things are ugly all around, I work for a Deere dealership, I get it. But, if we are screwed, just tell us. I gave my deposit, and my trade based on the dealers estimate, so they have 30k of my money, and I have nothing but a piece of paper. I specifically asked about supply issues, but here I am. I could not trust their warranty support, why on earth did I think I could trust anything they said. I honestly might go get a check for my trade in, and buy a new Bronco. the extra money is worth it to actually get a product. Normally wouldn't be that guy, but in this case, it might be time to cut ties with Jeep. My build sticker is 65k, I can go buy a Sasquatch equipped Bronco for 70k locally, I'll give Jeep a week, no progress, I am out. I wish you luck on your end. Apparently jeep doesn't like our money.
Yea, but then you would have a Bronco and not a Jeep. I'm not a Jeep fanboy or a Ford hater. My HD truck is a Ford. That said, I have been waiting for 13 years since I sold my 2005 UR to buy another Wrangler and a Bronco won't cut it. After 13 years, I can hold out a few extra weeks to get exactly what I want even though I may not like the wait.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
When you go to crypto sticker and look up your order you can see 3300 incomplete orders. When I input my build specs I am one of only 60 2 door 3.6 rubicons waiting to be built. Wanna bet these all get built at the very end of December?! I also predict my22 trickle out before some of the 21 still left to build....definitely my last jeep due to the unacceptable customer service and extremely long waits for builds. Its simply not fair to the consumer to have them watch newer orders get fulfilled while older orders just sit in purgatory..... Never again jeep!

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it is random like that but I do think the factory likes to process the same type of vehicle so they are not building wildly different trims, styles, colors, etc. So they may bunch a few similar trims together even though some may have been ordered after yours. So they run one body style and color in the paint line based on capacity, etc. So that may push back or speed up the order for some people. Add to that the mess in the supply chain and you end up with near chaos.
I was being facetious. I don't think they really use a bingo spinner. I know they have some sort of supply system management in place, and I am sure it makes perfect sense to Jeep/FCA. But on our end, with some very similar builds coming out in 3 weeks and others at 13-15 weeks or longer, it just seems totally random, like they are using a bingo spinner. I saw a Jeep someone ordered that is exactly like mine, minus half doors, that was ordered and delivered in about 7 weeks. Mine should be right at 15 weeks (if it comes in within the estimated delivery window). Did the half doors make my order take an extra 8 weeks? I doubt it. When I compared my timeline to theirs, my parts gathering/build before going to the body vendor was 5 weeks longer than theirs. I am sure there is a reason why, but Jeep will not share that information, which is the frustrating part.

Advertisement

Advertisement