JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
Let me rephrase my comment. "Furious at the dealer responsiveness and lack of information" Certainly wish I had your patience.
Oh, I can understand that. Dealers come in all varieties from great to horrid.

Advertisement

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
No joke, I got an email 2 days ago saying my delivery is delayed to dealer until 9/29, that would of been my 3rd delay.
Today I learn it is now delayed to 10/11!!!
4 delays in 3 weeks.

Ordered 6/16. Been in a rental since late August since my previous lease ended.

Let's see it @JeepCares actually cares, because I do not think they do.
BTW, there is no driver shortage, confirmed with multiple trucker companies Jeep lowered rates for shipping and now their jobs don't get picked up.
so they lowered my 1499 destination charge then......oh wait

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ordered 7/14, received VON
Received VIN on 7/16
Build Sheet on Crypto 8/14
Dealer emailed saying estimated ship date of 8/25

…….Still pending inspection per Jeep Chat almost a month later. No feedback from dealer over several weeks.

jstubbs88

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
so they lowered my 1499 destination charge then......oh wait
Wait until you read these:

https://www.classaction.org/news/fi...or-vehicle-delivery-fees-class-action-alleges

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/jeep-dodge-and-chrysler-are-gouging-with-destination-charges/

Keep in mind German manufacturers only charge around 1k for their vehicles... that includes truck transport from factory to port, port loading into a ship with shipping containers, 3 weeks crossing the pond, or if west coast through an expensive canal... then offloading at a port onto a truck again to dealer...

For 1/3 lesser cost than a rails/truck trip to dealer.... and apparently now, lesser time.

lisalynne

First Name
BlackBetty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, '21 High Altitude on order
Ordered 7/14, received VON
Received VIN on 7/16
Build Sheet on Crypto 8/14
Dealer emailed saying estimated ship date of 8/25

…….Still pending inspection per Jeep Chat almost a month later. No feedback from dealer over several weeks.
I am also sitting in inspection -

Ordered 7/30
Vin 8/12
Build Sheet on Crypto 9/9
Inspection 9/10

No ETA commitment from anyone.

Sponsored

Deek

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Sahara Eco-diesel
If you're in paint, you should have a build sheet soon. There are certainly some outliers that get them later or earlier or not at all.
Question for Forum: If you get Build Sheet, does that mean that vehicle is actually built?

If not, what does Build Sheet mean in terms of production process?

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
I think its basically built BUT could possibly still need optional equipment (like mine) or inspection so not ready to ship til window sticker pops up

Deek

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Sahara Eco-diesel
Finally - Got Lisa from JC and she says vehicle completed, inspected and shipped to dealer on 9/20! Yeah!!!!

Lisa is the absolute best at JC. Everyone on the Forum here says that and they are right. She kept checking for me until she could confirm all details. Great service at long last.

Deek

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Sahara Eco-diesel
Finally - Got Lisa from JC and she says vehicle completed, inspected and shipped to dealer on 9/20! Yeah!!!!

Lisa is the absolute best at JC. Everyone on the Forum here says that and they are right. She kept checking for me until she could confirm all details. Great service at long last.

Karinda

First Name
Karinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Spoke with JC again today (no progress) so I went on to explain that every time line they have told me for each process has not been meet. I am currently in D1 status, which I was told this stage is 5-7 days then onto being built been here for 10 days now with an estimated ship date of 9-28 (like that is going to happen) JC sent the information up to a manager. Which called my dealership. and asked my dealership why they haven't told me when I was getting my Jeep. so my dealership asked the Jeep manager if she had that information and she went on to tell him, that they didn't have that information. How is the dealership supposed to know if they don't even know? again 9-28 is probably not going to happen.

Sponsored

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
Today is officially 18 weeks and I'm still in D status. I'm wildly annoyed at this point. Dealer is basically saying they have no way to get any more info. I was escalated by Jeep Chat like 6 weeks ago and only got one canned email from a no-reply address, and when I spoke with another dealer at another dealership they basically said 18 weeks with no update is absurd (although they were also kind of trying to convince me to re-order with them, so I'll take that with a grain of salt).

Are there any other avenues you can take to get information?
So you got the Jeff email.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Spoke with JC again today (no progress) so I went on to explain that every time line they have told me for each process has not been meet. I am currently in D1 status, which I was told this stage is 5-7 days then onto being built been here for 10 days now with an estimated ship date of 9-28 (like that is going to happen) JC sent the information up to a manager. Which called my dealership. and asked my dealership why they haven't told me when I was getting my Jeep. so my dealership asked the Jeep manager if she had that information and she went on to tell him, that they didn't have that information. How is the dealership supposed to know if they don't even know? again 9-28 is probably not going to happen.
No to be Debbie Downer, but no, that ship date won't hold. Many of us have had our "ship" dates slip 3 or 4 times. They make it sound like you are "in transit" but as many of us have recently learned, our jeeps are actually sitting on a lot outside the factory in Toledo.

My build was completed on 8/23 and been in ship status ever since, a month later, but is actually still sitting in Toledo. I expect to get another email soon extending it another week to 10/11.

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon
No to be Debbie Downer, but no, that ship date won't hold. Many of us have had our "ship" dates slip 3 or 4 times. They make it sound like you are "in transit" but as many of us have recently learned, our jeeps are actually sitting on a lot outside the factory in Toledo.

My build was completed on 8/23 and been in ship status ever since, a month later, but is actually still sitting in Toledo. I expect to get another email soon extending it another week to 10/11.
Same here.... I think mine's been sitting in the lot for several weeks, alongside LuvYella's Wrangler. They do lead you to believe it's been shipped, when in fact it hasn't. And then you get a canned email telling you the ETA has been pushed out, but that its still "subject to change" (which it probably will again).

It's like they're taunting their customers....

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
This is soooo Bad and why after sitting in D status for 7 weeks I did a corp esco. knowing thru you folks that even getting built doesn't mean seeing it anytime soon. So built and waiting is better than not built then waiting more i guess I'm not sure at this point

Advertisement

Advertisement