Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Something I'm sorely lacking these days.
My dealer sends me a screenshot of full status and it shows it’s ready to be picked up by a vendor (trucker I assume). I just hope it passes PDI at the dealership.

Advertisement

moorejh143

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mini Cooper, 2017 Dodge Charger
Hate to be overly critical, but I have sure found JC to be so unhelpful as to be virtually useless. Anyone disagree??? The idea is a good one - to have an online place to go to find out where in the production process your 40-50-60-70,000 vehicle resides as you wait with excitement for your specially ordered Wrangler. But in reality, these folks at FCA and Jeep Care are not at all that sophisticated, organized and pro-active for accurate customer status inquiry.

Almost to the contrary, it seems like FCA has expended lots of effort to train their JC reps in all the ins and outs of how to give completely non-committal responses in an effort to keep us customers diverted - and placated.

I have gone through this JC drill now about a dozen times and I really, truly haven’t learned anything of substance about: (1) when my order will most likely go into production; (2) how long production and inspection will likely take; and (3) when I can realistically expect my dealer to have the completed vehicle on the ground at the dealership. I have always limited my inquiries by asking for information ‘assuming it all goes as hoped for and as reasonably expected’. Despite that, the only thing I have had from these folks is a litany of generalities and, really, nothing at all specific to my order/build.

I have definitely found more helpful info here on this Forum in terms of actual order, waiting and delivery experience. I am guesstimating my build, shipping and delivery dates on the basis of what others have said about their own orders and deliveries - and that guessing, I now realize, is about all I’m going to get - and little, if anything, of substance from Jeep.

That is really sad. You would think, that by now all large companies that offer "special build" type options to have an area where the customer can log in and watch it.

When my wife bought her 2011 Mini Cooper, it was a special order so that she could get everything she wants and some things I wanted her to have. We went in on a Saturday morning and put down a $500 deposit.

That afternoon, we received an email from Mini with a link for her to create a username to login and watch, literally, her vehicle being completed. There were some stages that had a video link. She watched it from the frame coming "off the rack" to the body being put on to the wheels being added. She received almost daily emails, even when it was on the ship coming over. Some of the emails even included "landmarks" that they passed the day before (Iceland, Greenland, etc).

It is a real shame that other dealerships dont have this feature. When I was told I could order one, the first thing I asked is if there was a portal that I could log into and watch it being built. Sadly, as we all know, the answer was "I dont think so". . . .

Karinda

First Name
Karinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I am at D1 with and estimated ship date of 9-28-21. I sure hope this goes as planned. I am to impatient and excited to wait any longer.

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
Hard to be patient when Jeep has waived the acquisition fee on my particular build for this month... I don't want to miss that just 'cause of shipping delays.

B-Mo_Gecko

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hello friends!

Ordered - 08/25/2021
VON - 08/25/2021
VIN - 08/27/2021
Material gathered, awaiting build process - 09/17/2021

Build:
JLU Sport S
3.6L v6 with eTorque
8-spd auto 850RE
Gecko clear coat
Black cloth seats
Alpine Premium Sound
Black 3-Piece hard top
Cold weather group
Convenience group
Technology group (7 inch screen)

Ordered out of PA. The dealer said initially that orders were taking anywhere from 6-12 weeks give or take, and in some cases 6 months due to chip shortages. Hoping to have her before the end of November when I make a trip back home to Tennessee. The wait continues!

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hello friends!

Ordered - 08/25/2021
VON - 08/25/2021
VIN - 08/27/2021
Material gathered, awaiting build process - 09/17/2021

Build:
JLU Sport S
3.6L v6 with eTorque
8-spd auto 850RE
Gecko clear coat
Black cloth seats
Alpine Premium Sound
Black 3-Piece hard top
Cold weather group
Convenience group
Technology group (7 inch screen)

Ordered out of PA. The dealer said initially that orders were taking anywhere from 6-12 weeks give or take, and in some cases 6 months due to chip shortages. Hoping to have her before the end of November when I make a trip back home to Tennessee. The wait continues!
Which PA dealer?

B-Mo_Gecko

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Which PA dealer?
Chapman! Pretty sure you might be the reason I even contacted them (I've read through most of this thread by now), so thanks for that. I'm 4 hours up the road, so not a bad trip when it eventually makes it in. How's the wait going for you?

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
My dealer sends me a screenshot of full status and it shows it’s ready to be picked up by a vendor (trucker I assume). I just hope it passes PDI at the dealership.
I wish my dealer would send me anything. 2 emails since I ordered 2 months ago. I emailed first both times. The last one was Monday. He responded, "It should be on its way." :headbang:

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Chapman! Pretty sure you might be the reason I even contacted them (I've read through most of this thread by now), so thanks for that. I'm 4 hours up the road, so not a bad trip when it eventually makes it in. How's the wait going for you?
Still at the plant. 3 weeks Tom mentioned Jeep is having trucking issues not surprised with everything going on.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wish my dealer would send me anything. 2 emails since I ordered 2 months ago. I emailed first both times. The last one was Monday. He responded, "It should be on its way." :headbang:
Who’d you order from?

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Picked up today! 7 weeks exactly from order to delivery. Walked in, signed papers and drove away. Probably took me 15 minutes in the dealership. What a day!
Checked the fuses? :lipssealed:

I had something like a forty point checklist and test drove it. I sure hope the people flying in are checking things before driving off.

7wk is so fast!

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Well, As stated before, got exited too soon.
-Ordered 6/21. D1 for EVER.
-Built 8/25
-JB 8/26-9/10 for some odd reason.
I've got a light offroad trip on 10/3....
:crying:

Philosophical considerations aside, that only gave you three months from order to trip. Build graphs from June, before the routine maintenance, show 20% of orders taking more than 45 days, so nominally 8/5 for the build, 5dy for aftermarket, 10 dy for shipping, that gives a good chance of something like a 9/1 delivery.

Is that enough time to exercise it before a trip? Minimum 100mi/wk at least but 200-300 would be better. But would you trust it? It would really suck to be in the middle of a week long trip to find you can't get it out of 4L. :giggle:

Maybe I just don't drive 40kmi/yr like some peeps.

Advertisement

Advertisement