JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I'm sorry I'm not able to produce any more graphs to show how long builds are taking. I don't think people were finding them very useful in any case, but they did help to verify some anomalies here and there.

JeepChat probably has their hands tied with the information they can access, and it's likely that someone decided they were getting ahead of themselves by promising certain delivery dates. The last year certainly shows that any promised date comes with low confidence.

Most people are lucky that their pizza delivery doesn't have to pass through the Suez canal, but if there were such points of failure in local deliveries it would be clear that they suffer from the same problems. Even in a big city they can only give me a 15 minute estimate for when something might be ready, after which I have to track the driver, and even then it can be off by 50%.

For manufacturing, and I don't work in an automobile manufacturing plant, I suspect the primary issue is having the parts in the right place at the right time. Things are likely to be built in batches with some minor variations. Videos and deliveries suggest that paint varies, and some of the features vary, but they have to build on a combination of just-in-time and proximity algorithms. Meanwhile they have downstream requirements to consider as well; there's no real point in producing only half doors if they don't have any, and there's no benefits pumping out 1,000 needing Mopar leather seats if that installer is already overbooked.

Rethink pizza with the baking done off site and pepperoni being ordered (by them) and arriving hourly, and the sausage counter finds one that was assembled with only 31 pieces of sausage, and someone must have bumped something because all the toppings are on the right 75%, and there's a ticket over there that's been waiting on anchovies for a few days.

Well anyway. I still remember my 84 days. Keep :tumbleweed:

Advertisement

lisalynne

First Name
BlackBetty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, '21 High Altitude on order
Latest from dealer is no ETA until it ships!! Seriously I have lost all respect for Jeep.

GR8ESC

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
After reaching 10 weeks on Monday, I asked for escalation via JC. I received the email from "Cara" today who has communicated with others in the past. Manufacturing is to begin soon as all parts have been gathered. I especially liked the "I have reached out to our factory resources to ensure your order is prioritized". Hopefully that cuts another 10 weeks off the wait. I'm convinced it was the diesel engine causing the delay waiting for more units.

Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Firecracker Red
Body Color Hard Top
Leather
Steel Bumper
8.4" Radio, etc.
LED Lighting
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow
Remote Proximity Keyless
Ordered 7/5 and waiting

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
I'm sorry I'm not able to produce any more graphs to show how long builds are taking. I don't think people were finding them very useful in any case, but they did help to verify some anomalies here and there.

JeepChat probably has their hands tied with the information they can access, and it's likely that someone decided they were getting ahead of themselves by promising certain delivery dates. The last year certainly shows that any promised date comes with low confidence.

Most people are lucky that their pizza delivery doesn't have to pass through the Suez canal, but if there were such points of failure in local deliveries it would be clear that they suffer from the same problems. Even in a big city they can only give me a 15 minute estimate for when something might be ready, after which I have to track the driver, and even then it can be off by 50%.

For manufacturing, and I don't work in an automobile manufacturing plant, I suspect the primary issue is having the parts in the right place at the right time. Things are likely to be built in batches with some minor variations. Videos and deliveries suggest that paint varies, and some of the features vary, but they have to build on a combination of just-in-time and proximity algorithms. Meanwhile they have downstream requirements to consider as well; there's no real point in producing only half doors if they don't have any, and there's no benefits pumping out 1,000 needing Mopar leather seats if that installer is already overbooked.

Rethink pizza with the baking done off site and pepperoni being ordered (by them) and arriving hourly, and the sausage counter finds one that was assembled with only 31 pieces of sausage, and someone must have bumped something because all the toppings are on the right 75%, and there's a ticket over there that's been waiting on anchovies for a few days.

Well anyway. I still remember my 84 days. Keep :tumbleweed:
I can tell you one thing they hate, 2 door sport base builds manual with soft top in snazzberry

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Was that "Rebecca", by any chance? Mine has also gone D -> D1 -> D - >D1 and the chat rep "Rebecca", upon me telling her it has bounced back and forth, said it's at "Day 1 and can only move forward from here". Yeah, unless it moves backwards.
Nope. April. I’ve bounced out of D1 three times. I sense shared hope! Haha!

Sponsored

Jeep-her

First Name
Lonna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK - HBPC SportS / Ordering '21 JL - HB Sahara
FINALLY!!! My jeep got delivered to dealership, but he’s booked until next week to schedule pickup 🥺.

Ordered 7/30 JLURD
All white, fender and hardtop
Tow package
GG
Proximity keyless entry
Cold weather
Safety group
Engine block heater

Dealer- Mike from Mall of Georgia jeep
Happy for you...sad for me!

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
FINALLY!!! My jeep got delivered to dealership, but he’s booked until next week to schedule pickup 🥺.

Ordered 7/30 JLURD
All white, fender and hardtop
Tow package
GG
Proximity keyless entry
Cold weather
Safety group
Engine block heater

Dealer- Mike from Mall of Georgia jeep
See, this is so crazy. I ordered from the same dealership a month earlier. My Jeep was built and shipped before his, but I still haven't been told it's there yet. I feel like Charlie Brown...
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking giphy

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Every day without your Jeep is a day without... high annual tab renewal fees for roads with potholes and $45 in fuel to go visit family two hours away. :crying:

Every day with your Jeep is a new opportunity to aim for 5mpg and try to fit the paint job between the fuzzy trees as you crawl 3mph toward the top of that hill. :involve:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
See, this is so crazy. I ordered from the same dealership a month earlier. My Jeep was built and shipped before his, but I still haven't been told it's there yet. I feel like Charlie Brown...
Is that your build sheet I see there?

Sponsored

Sheoran05

First Name
Arvind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I got a mail from jeep it’s delivered to dealership and later the dealer confirmed. He said he got 30 jeeps in last 6 days.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I got a mail from jeep it’s delivered to dealership and later the dealer confirmed. He said he got 30 jeeps in last 6 days.
LOL, their website shows 3. 1/10th of that. He also has yet to respond to my email from Monday. I guess getting 30 Jeeps in will keep you hopping.

Talox

First Name
dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU XR Granite crystal (ordered 8/23)
Just got a positive update from JC
=================

vivian 9:07 PM 9/15

All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

=================

All taken with a grain of salt based on the comments here. I'll see if the dealer can provide any more info Friday.

ordered 8/23
vin 8/24
d status 9/8

Advertisement

Advertisement