Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
This is not meant to rub anything in at all, but just proves how f-ed up their build process is: I ordered on 8/10, VIN by 8/16, build completed and released for shipping on 8/26 and it's on the train coming to me and set to be delivered on 9/18.
You do have to factor in that A) There are shortages Worker and Truckers B) Parts shortages C) Jeep doesnt normally take orders for lower trim rigs, those are usually ordered by the dealer and then sold. Plus they are (like most other manufacturers) favoring the more expensive packaged rigs (Sahara/Rubicon 4XE, Rubicon 3.6 and Rubicon 392). Just my two cents.

13kaos13

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
This is not meant to rub anything in at all, but just proves how f-ed up their build process is: I ordered on 8/10, VIN by 8/16, build completed and released for shipping on 8/26 and it's on the train coming to me and set to be delivered on 9/18.
That’s awesome! And yes I feel it’s random to what is built first and which packages and such. You will have to post a pic!

Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
You do have to factor in that A) There are shortages Worker and Truckers B) Parts shortages C) Jeep doesnt normally take orders for lower trim rigs, those are usually ordered by the dealer and then sold. Plus they are (like most other manufacturers) favoring the more expensive packaged rigs (Sahara/Rubicon 4XE, Rubicon 3.6 and Rubicon 392). Just my two cents.
I am fully aware of everything you outlined and know all of it affects every single build coming out, no matter the company, however.

My point to them both was the two of them ordered the same day as I did and without knowing anything about their build, both are in parts gathering yet mine is already completed and in shipping. I'm just saying they may end up in two different stages with two different delivery dates, there really is no rhyme or reason to it. And while mine wasn't exactly a "lower trim" rig it was by no means a high end, Rubicon or a Sahara but was built quickly so yet again, it seems VERY random.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
That’s awesome! And yes I feel it’s random to what is built first and which packages and such. You will have to post a pic!
Will do!!! If things work out right I hope to pickup mid-next week. :)

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I am fully aware of everything you outlined and know all of it affects every single build coming out, no matter the company, however.

My point to them both was the two of them ordered the same day as I did and without knowing anything about their build, both are in parts gathering yet mine is already completed and in shipping. I'm just saying they may end up in two different stages with two different delivery dates, there really is no rhyme or reason to it. And while mine wasn't exactly a "lower trim" rig it was by no means a high end, Rubicon or a Sahara but was built quickly so yet again, it seems VERY random.
Im 3 weeks in shipping and my 392 was built super quick. When I ordered back in 2018 for my current Jeep took 3 weeks start to finish

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
FINALLY!!! My jeep got delivered to dealership, but he’s booked until next week to schedule pickup 🥺.
Drive by every morning. Walk around and take pictures. "Sheesh this is a nice Jeep lemme think about ordering one". "Talked to my third cousin's wife and wanted to take another look". To keep them confused check out a few others then pat yourself on the back for not ordering Electric Pee Metallic Clear Coat.

You should be mashed up against that thing like a plush Garfield. (Why aren't there any suction cup plush ducks?)

Rubisramansbestfriend

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0, HD Breakout 114, Unimog, GT500
The reason FCA is seeing a big trucker shortage is because they dropped the rate we get paid to haul their loads by 38 percent. No respectable company will touch that rate. The only people hauling their loads now are start ups that have no choice, bottom barrel fleets with horrible safety records and the occasional owner operator who can use the load to get home. FCA went cheap and now they are feeling the pinch.

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
The reason FCA is seeing a big trucker shortage is because they dropped the rate we get paid to haul their loads by 38 percent. No respectable company will touch that rate. The only people hauling their loads now are start ups that have no choice, bottom barrel fleets with horrible safety records and the occasional owner operator who can use the load to get home. FCA went cheap and now they are feeling the pinch.
Guess that explains the truck full of Jeeps abandoned in a parking lot after the driver fled a dui hit and run last month!

Advertisement

Advertisement