JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I sent an email yesterday and now have a fiat Corporate representative who gave me his contact information. 2nd time he called me today was to let me know my Jeep will be at the dealer on Friday. I wasn't upset about the delivery date I was about the don't bother me email I received from Jeff that some other members received. I had put that email in mine to them. I find that you have to be your own advocate in todays world. This is for medical, work and now vehicle purchases.
I was going to follow up on that too, that email was hot garbage. I felt good about it until I realized there was no way to contact Good Guy Jeff. Wait aside, that’s just super crappy customer service. It makes them look incompetent.

Coupled with the fact that I’m only getting a new one because they offered a discount as they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the last one…

I think I just might try to track down some actual real humans tonight.

Advertisement

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Well I just got great news. My Jeep is in Missouri, (my home state) so now I am waiting for it to make it to the dealer. Ordered 7/30, I was told 6-8 weeks, and I will be at 6 weeks on Fri.. Hang in there everyone, I hope your makes it to you soon.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I ordered 6/28. I have gone to D1 status twice and now am back at D again. If you get those email addresses I will be glad to do the same if you send them my way.
7/19 and I’m on my third regression. I don’t mind waiting, but I do mind not knowing and no-reply@ emails!

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
Sounds awesome. Here's an update on my end.

Ordered 06/18. My original drop date from Jeep was 08/24-09/06. I booked airfare for 09/10.

Then the Jeep b*s***ds change it last minute to 09/02-09/14

I called today. Daniel and Renee are both off Wednesdays. I asked for Walter. Nice fella, we had a good chat. Sadly, no yellow Wranglers on the lot. He said, and I believe him, they really don't know when they will show up, they get the same delivery window as we get.

Sooooo, I just rescheduled my airfare for 2 weeks from today. Actually got a $20 credit from Southwest, but cost me $40 more for our local pond jumper airline, so not as bad as I had feared.

At this point, Jeep has successfully broke me. I'm a beaten dog. I really dgaf if its 2 more months now. Like another fella wrote, lost all enthusiasm for the rig and ALL respect for Jeep as a company.

It's sad that after buying 3 of the same model South Korean built new vehicles, all of which costing ~1/2 of my Wrangler and were literally perfect inside and out when purchased and never had anything go bad in the time we've owned them, try to buy American and it's a literal cluster ****.

Honesty, I wouldn't bet I don't have to rebook again in 2 weeks. Either that or it shows up this afternoon.

I haven't actually saw a Hella up close in person. That said it will be beautiful, but after hearing about the one gals paint run on her new 4xe, its nail-biting as I'm sure mine will have paint issues as well. Seems like a lot of them do. You think they would have that process dialed in by now.
I'll be searching for anything painted HellaYella on the Gupton lot Friday afternoon and if I see it, I'm taking hostages!

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Just did my weekly check on my status of order on 7/15 and jeep rep.was like " great news!, your jeep is in scheduling phase and parts are being gathered ".....Im like yeah thats old news pal, been told that same phrase for a month now......I give up checking from now on. If it shows up it shows up....not even excited about the jeep anymore.....sad

Sponsored

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual
Just did my weekly check on my status of order on 7/15 and jeep rep.was like " great news!, your jeep is in scheduling phase and parts are being gathered ".....Im like yeah thats old news pal, been told that same phrase for a month now......I give up checking from now on. If it shows up it shows up....not even excited about the jeep anymore.....sad
Haha I got the same exact chat. "Congratulations we took your order and have not looked at it since" would be more accurate.

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
I was going to follow up on that too, that email was hot garbage. I felt good about it until I realized there was no way to contact Good Guy Jeff. Wait aside, that’s just super crappy customer service. It makes them look incompetent.

Coupled with the fact that I’m only getting a new one because they offered a discount as they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the last one…

I think I just might try to track down some actual real humans tonight.
If You want you can private message me and Imcan direct you to the contact information.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Anyone gotten stuck in “I” for a long period of time? Ordered 7/14, built a few weeks ago and stuck in inspection for about two weeks. Original expected ship date was 8/28.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I'll be searching for anything painted HellaYella on the Gupton lot Friday afternoon and if I see it, I'm taking hostages!
It should stick out like a sore thumb!
Honestly, I hope now it doesn't come for a week or so. :)

Would luv a few pics of Wranglers on the lot tho.

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
I wanted to share my delivery schedule for comparison. I ordered on June 28th and it arrived to the dealer on September 4th. So about 10 weeks. It is Sting Gray 4xe Rubicon. It has the dual top, safety and advanced safety, tow, front camera, stainless door sills, body color fender, cloth seats, cold weather, steel bumper, all weather mats, remote entry, and OWL tires.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting!!
I jinxed myself. I was blessed with one of the faulty 4xe water pumps. So, I didn’t make it out of dealer inspection. How can the dealer catch something, but the factory can’t. 🤷‍♂️ The last time the dealer had a 4xe with this issue, it took 2 weeks to get the part. I asked if I could get a loaner while waiting for the part. I haven’t heard back on that request. 😬

Sponsored

RichardAK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I’ve been getting the same message for almost two months now. And almost at the same place regarding checking. And I ordered on 6/21…

RUBITX

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
I’ve been getting the same message for almost two months now. And almost at the same place regarding checking. And I ordered on 6/21…
I ended up cancelling my original order that was in the same boat - same status and never moved (ordered 6/30). Fortunately I ended up finding a local dealer that had one in transit for someone else that cancelled their order. That one was ordered November of 2020 - just waiting for it to be delivered from the rail yard

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
186115504_10225486046447040_630464019004376660_n.jpg

Good spot! It's actually my wife's toy. 2017 with about 5K miles on it now (she doesn't drive it enough). You have good taste in BMW's my friend. 👍
I used to own several BMW's but have since moved on back to American cars. They don't make anything beyond the M2 that excites me anymore. My other toy is a Vette hiding up front of the Rubicon (Pay no attention to the Hellcat in the background. That WAS my daily last year but after the massive snow storm we had in late winter, I had to make an adult decision and give her up).

241468306_10158704456377669_8700056861935662851_n.jpg
My wife loves her M2C, and it's white too! I drive it a couple times a week, usually on weekends. We did an M School in 2016, and we got to drive the M2s that had more or less just come out. They were fantastic cars on the track. I really liked the way they felt to drive.

I've had an E92 M3 (the coupe) for 12 years, and it's really starting to give me pretty much continual problems. I do have about 140,000 miles on it.

And not only the lack of exciting vehicles, but the cost of BMW maintenance and repairs is hard to stomach. You live and learn I guess.

That's an awesome looking 4xe. The Gecko Green, the 4xe details, and those 4xe wheels -- very cool all around!!

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.....when you jump back on, we would love to hear about your delivery experience....
Just some quick random thoughts on the delivery process with Gupton and the trip:

We requested--and Daniel sent--a driver to pick us up. He was a very nice gentleman, and it was a nice ride from the Nashville airport out to the dealership, which was a good 30 minutes (rough estimate) away. It's very nice of them to do this kind of thing.

The delivery process was pretty quick and painless. Was it the perfect process? No, but at the end of the day, the deal we got was so incredible that I just can't be critical of anything with Gupton. I thank Daniel and whoever else deserves it for extending this kind of offer to people. It's incredible to be able to order a new Jeep Wrangler to one's spec, to get a brand new car and a warranty, for this kind of price, given how they hold their value, and given what new and used ones are selling for.

I was expecting a bigger dealership. I guess I was thinking it was in Nashville proper, and picturing it being like our Houston dealerships, but it was very much like a small-town dealership. It's a pretty relaxed atmosphere inside.

.....and if Daniel gave any clue to the shipping hold ups.
We weren't sure we even saw Daniel. We did see a gentleman walk back and forth a couple times, and he asked us how long we were staying in Nashville etc. We were thinking maybe that was him, or a relative of his? Either way, we didn't talk about shipping, delays, etc.

Reading about all of the frustration with people not receiving their vehicles from Jeep in a timely manner, my first instinct is to say chill out and be patient. But then I thought back to when I ordered my first car, and immediately I can now empathize with everybody, because it was difficult waiting on it to come in, knowing I could have bought a new one in inventory somewhere and already be enjoying it....and it only took one month to come in!! So I understand everybody's frustration with the multi-month waits.

Nashville is a very nice city, I was highly impressed. It reminded me a lot of Austin. Both good-sized cities but not humongous like Houston, both college towns, lots of younger people around, both vibrant downtowns, both just all-around nice cities to be in. Would definitely go back, but wife likes to move on to undiscovered places.

I discovered a "life hack" that I'll let you guys in on. I hope it doesn't spread though. You want to eat at a nice restaurant, with nice modern decor, great food, reasonably priced for what it is, great service, and not crowded? Pick the nicest hotel in town, and go to their restaurant, and go at non-peak hours. Don't even bother trying to pick a restaurant from all the hundreds of options. If the city has a Grand Hyatt, or a Westin, or an Omni, or a JW Marriott, or a nice Double Tree Hilton, just go directly to their restaurant. If you're eating dinner, go at 5:30. You can relax and take your time, and you'll be finishing up right when the 7:00 crowds start to wander in. With these nice-hotel restaurants, there probably won't even be crowds, but if you go at 5:30, you might have the whole place to yourself! We went to The Nashville Grange, part of the Grand Hyatt. We weren't even sure they were open, because there was nobody there. We walked in around 5:30 and got our choice of table next to the big windows overlooking the street, and had a great dining experience with virtually nobody else in there but us. Had a similar experience in Memphis. From now on, on any trips, my first choice will always be nice-hotel restaurants.

Last edited:

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's sad that after buying 3 of the same model South Korean built new vehicles, all of which costing ~1/2 of my Wrangler and were literally perfect inside and out when purchased and never had anything go bad in the time we've owned them, try to buy American and it's a literal cluster ****.
South Korean cars don't have the cool factor, the cachet, the soul of a Wrangler. We needed a larger vehicle for various reasons, and we pretty much went straight to a Wrangler Unlimited, and though we entertained some other options, we never really waivered much from the Wrangler. It just has everything, from utility to good creature comforts to iconic looks.

I haven't actually saw a Hella up close in person. That said it will be beautiful, but after hearing about the one gals paint run on her new 4xe, its nail-biting as I'm sure mine will have paint issues as well. Seems like a lot of them do. You think they would have that process dialed in by now.
Didn't notice any glaring paint issues on ours. Is every nook and cranny absolutely perfect? No, but it's close, and everything you see without trying super hard is pristine.

EDIT: I read this again, and realized it sounded more "mean spirited" than I wanted it to. I was just trying to say to you @LuvYella: hang in there my friend, you're getting a vehicle that's way more "neat-o" than what you had! And don't stress about the paint job, it'll be great! :)

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement