Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Clubs

It’s finally here!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1630988033945

Ordered 7/7

Received VIN 7/9

D1 on 8/6

Dealer told me it was built waiting for shipping 8/20 (found window sticker later that day)

8/24, was on a train passing through IL

8/30 In a train yard in Colorado

9/1 Truck arrived at dealer (evening)

9/3 Jeep prepped and ready for pick up

Picked up 9/4

Was in the finance office when a guy picked up his 392 that came on the same truck. It was parked inside and scared the crap out of me (and everyone else in the building) when he started it up.

4DR Granite Rubicon

3.6 w/ 6-Speed (no eTorque)

Painted Hard Top

Painted Fenders

Leather Interior

All weather mats

Cold Weather

Premium 8.4 Audio

Tow Package

Proximity Keyless (didn't really want, but what can you do)

Block heater

Dealer was awesome, very professional and informative. Will definitely go back to Andrew Crimando at Fort Collins Jeep as soon as I can talk my wife into a 392!

Advertisement

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
I used this thread for my 2018 JLU Ocean Blue Sahara in April 2018. Yesterday we ordered my husbands 2021 Sarge Green 2D Rubicon. We don’t have the Vin number yet.
We were quoted 6 MONTHS!!! That’s March of 2022! It’s going to be a painful wait.

Not to mention how distracted I’ll be from work thinking about it all day every day. It’s his Jeep but I will be all up in his Build. In my head it’s my Jeep and I am letting him think it is his.

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s so frustrating probably even more so for you since you ordered almost a month before me. My dealer told me 6-8 weeks.
My dealer told me 6 months. I am seeing others getting theirs in a matter of weeks. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say they were quoted six months and that it took six months. Time will tell for me.

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately everyone has no choice but be patient and wait for their order, but this is definitely going to sour a lot of peoples views on the jeep brand. Might even lose future customers and sales .....its a shame
This makes me sad. Probably true. We are on day 1 of a 6 month wait, but luckily have a kick ass Beach Jeep to drive while waiting on our kick ass Off Road Jeep.

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been there, done that and still feeling your pain.

I'm most likely be 4 weeks more than you (@ 13 weeks) by the time mine duck walks to the dealer.

Wish I could tell you it gets better, and hoping yours does and moves soon as it seems later orders might be going faster than a lot of our June orders did, but sadly the loss of enthusiasm and anger level just ratchets up as the weeks pass.

You will most likely not get any useful information. At first you will not get dates, you will get really tired of "Gathering Parts and Scheduling Parts" and when you do get dates, expect them to slip. The information will be delivered to you in a way that conveys how lucky you are to have ordered a Jeep, as in JCs famous and reoccurring narrative "CONGRATULATIONS on purchasing your new Jeep!!!"

After seeing that for the 20th time, you will want to respond "Thanks, now BUILD the damn thing"

The dates will be given in a way to try and satisfy your anxiousness to get your Jeep. They will give you a range that is a week or two out and when that comes and goes they will take it out another couple weeks, and poof, they have magically put you off another month.

Many of us that have gotten hosed on the building of our Jeeps vent here, and I urge you to do the same. It helps a little.

Those of us the ordered in June sat here watching all the good weather slip away. Many of us expected to be driving around by late July. By the time mine shows hopefully next week, late September, I will not be able to go topless unless I want to freeze my ass off going to work. In our region, this time of year has cold mornings and beautiful afternoons.

But hang in there. Just expect to get nothing in terms of useful information from Jeep or your dealer.

As my wife would tell you "It will get here when it gets here"

And and one other important thing, DO NOT compare your build time to others here in the forum. It will drive you insane.
Comparing my 6 month build time is why I am here 🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in a similar situation. Ordered on 8/9, VON on 8/10 & nothing since. It’s worth the wait but man its painful! Wondering if the cold weather option is impacting our order.
I ordered yesterday, no cold weather group (I’m in Florida) and I was quoted 6 months. I believe it’s the Chip shortage. I’m trying not to get my hopes up but expecting six months and seeing other peoples being delivered in two and three months actually gives me hope. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I used this thread for my 2018 JLU Ocean Blue Sahara in April 2018. Yesterday we ordered my husbands 2021 Sarge Green 2D Rubicon. We don’t have the Vin number yet.
We were quoted 6 MONTHS!!! That’s March of 2022! It’s going to be a painful wait.

Not to mention how distracted I’ll be from work thinking about it all day every day. It’s his Jeep but I will be all up in his Build. In my head it’s my Jeep and I am letting him think it is his.
I ordered Aug 30. A 2Dr willys. Same color. I'm in Canada. System kicked out a Dec 28th est. I do have a VON but no VIN assigned yet. It's only been a week but I'll will keep checking every Friday.

They usually start building 2022s in Dec. So hopefully I do get it before end of the year but not hopefully.

I was told though if it ends up being a 2022 model I still pay 2021 price.

I'm in no rush as I would rather not spend the first few months of driving it in winter with the roof on lol. So if it comes in Feb or March I'd be ok with that.

Funny thing is if I wanted a 4 dr Rubicon I know there is 6 of them for sale withing 10 minutes of me lol.

The 4 Dr has killed the 2drs imo. You rarely see 2 Dr JLs around.

Oh well at least my wife has her 2021 Jeep GC L Limited which is amazing btw. But I'm not allowed to take it hunting lol.

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered Aug 30. A 2Dr willys. Same color. I'm in Canada. System kicked out a Dec 28th est. I do have a VON but no VIN assigned yet. It's only been a week but I'll will keep checking every Friday.

They usually start building 2022s in Dec. So hopefully I do get it before end of the year but not hopefully.

I was told though if it ends up being a 2022 model I still pay 2021 price.

I'm in no rush as I would rather not spend the first few months of driving it in winter with the roof on lol. So if it comes in Feb or March I'd be ok with that.

Funny thing is if I wanted a 4 dr Rubicon I know there is 6 of them for sale withing 10 minutes of me lol.

The 4 Dr has killed the 2drs imo. You rarely see 2 Dr JLs around.

Oh well at least my wife has her 2021 Jeep GC L Limited which is amazing btw. But I'm not allowed to take it hunting lol.
Yeah I think one of the problems with the two doors is that there are a ton of options you cannot get. We wanted Diesel, but can not get in a 2 door. The one touch or the flip top also not in a 2 door. The Extreme package also not in 2 door. We almost considered a four-door but we already have one and this vehicle we’re buying specifically to off-road.

that’s interesting what you said about the 2022s. We’re not expecting ours till March but the dealer didn’t indicate that we could possibly have a 2022 instead. I’m not sure if the body will change, but I bought the 2018 JL and there have been hardly any accessories the first couple years. I’m looking forward to a vehicle that already has all the accessories in market. I would be unhappy getting a 2022 if the body is at all different. I will follow up with the dealer on that for sure. Thanks.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Yeah I think one of the problems with the two doors is that there are a ton of options you cannot get. We wanted Diesel, but can not get in a 2 door. The one touch or the flip top also not in a 2 door. The Extreme package also not in 2 door. We almost considered a four-door but we already have one and this vehicle we’re buying specifically to off-road.

that’s interesting what you said about the 2022s. We’re not expecting ours till March but the dealer didn’t indicate that we could possibly have a 2022 instead. I’m not sure if the body will change, but I bought the 2018 JL and there have been hardly any accessories the first couple years. I’m looking forward to a vehicle that already has all the accessories in market. I would be unhappy getting a 2022 if the body is at all different. I will follow up with the dealer on that for sure. Thanks.
2022 is expect no major changes to the JL. this model is only 3.5 years old. I would expect it to continue for another 5 ish years. They really nailed it with the JL. Only change I see in the near future would be uconnect5

Sponsored

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 is expect no major changes to the JL. this model is only 3.5 years old. I would expect it to continue for another 5 ish years. They really nailed it with the JL. Only change I see in the near future would be uconnect5
Yes mine is all wonky. Also the rain gutters that drain right into the floor boards.

BDoerr54

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4Xe, 2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-e
Still waiting on my 4Xe. It was shipped but is apparently stuck in New York because there is a lack of trucks and truck drivers to bring it one state over to CT. It was supposed to be here by the 13th, now I'm being told it will be here by the 23rd. At this point I'll drive to where ever it is and get the dang thing myself. (ordered 6/28 - Sarge Green 4Xe)

Silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Mine was originally suppose to land today. Doubt if the dealer is even open today.

Like the other fella said, I really don't care anymore now. I will have a brand new Jeep that will be driven very little for 6 months and will be filthy all the time since our harsh winters prohibit washing.
Same, I was a 6/21 order. PA winter is salt and hard tops starting in about 3 weeks. I've lost all interest in getting this wrangler, which I ordered "for my wife", who has lost any hope of getting it. I stopped messaging Jeep Chat a couple of times a week, I hardly check this and the other 3 tracking pages that are relevant to me. All updates are now push from my dealer. The Jeep went from being this great new toy to being the equivalent of getting a new refrigerator - well I need it, but I wish I didn't have to spend so much money on it. The only reason we're looking forward to it now is because her lease is up on her other car and we're running out of time. I got all excited 4 weeks ago when I moved to D1, then again 2 weeks ago when I went into production, then I got stuck at the body vendor. The ship date has come and gone and Jeep hasn't even bothered to update the date, even though it's stuck at JS, getting a soft top thrown in the back seat.

I assume I've transferred some of my excitement because I did get myself a gladiator about a month ago. Someone cancelled their order due to the wait (dealer didnt) and it came in as a vehicle to sell for them (still had the ordering owners name on the window sticker.) So I took advantage of the stupid high used car prices and traded in my Camaro and got a great deal on a pretty loaded Manual Gladiator Sport S that was about 90% of what I would have ordered.

Still waiting on her Sahara 4xe, but if it weren't for me stupidly installing a level 2 charger, we probably would just have bought out her honda CRV lease.

Probearded1

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
If I ordered a 2021 in a certain color and they don’t build it until the 2022 model year. And that color is discontinued, am I sol?

Kang22

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie
Ordered 4xe Sahara for our 2nd Jeep on 8/21/21. My wife currently drives a FireCracker Red 2018 JLUR Sahara. New Build:
Hydro Blue 4xe Sahara
Gorrila Glass
Remote Proximity
Advanced Safety
Dual Top
Trailer Tow
Cold Weather Group
Black Side Steps

And now the long wait begins!

Advertisement

Advertisement