JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
My dealer said 8-12 weeks but possibly longer. I was not going to order until December hoping for a spring time delivery. I decided to order at the end of last moth because the 21s have all that I want and was fearing price increases (which I got on my tow package by waiting an extra week) colors being dropped or things like power windows, locks or big screens becoming standard. With it being said that I would be fine waiting six months for delivery what are the odds that mine is one that shows up in four weeks?

Advertisement

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
What gets me, and I'm just venting here but, is that a modern car manufacturer with ERP/MRP systems cannot give better date estimates or know where the vehicle is in every part of the production process.

I mean once all the parts are gathered, it should just go down the line without stoppage. Unless its a labor issue, all the parts are there.
I'll bet their systems are written in DOS...

Actual footage from within Jeep Corporate

Attachments

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Been a while since I've posted here. Been in the gorilla glass forum since the beginning of that thread.

Ordered on 5/11

Tomorrow will be 17 weeks since order.

Currently in transit with no delivery ETA

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. Dealer?
Bluebonnet Jeep in New Braunfels TX. I regressed from D1 twice 😂🤦‍♂️. My sales guy Mike is awesome and I trust him 100%. Just got lost in the system somehow.

Sponsored

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
Welcome to my club friend. Mine was 8/24-9/06, then they updated to 9/06-9/14. Expect another update delaying it again on 9/14.

It's gotta be truck driver availability, don't you think. Oh that's right, they won't tell us where our Jeeps are.
jeep chat informed me today when following up,that my new time is now 9/10 to 9/24 was originally 8/27 to 9/3 them 9/6. Them 9/6 to 9/14. Now 9/14 to 9/27. Call Jeep Advisors and opened case. I am tired of taking mass transit 3 hours each way everyday. I wouldn’t mind if the commute was only an hour. I can drive to my office in 20 minutes. Call the dealer salesman was gone today and is off tomorrow. The manager is calling me tomorrow. Will ask for the dealer representative to get this shipped. I was told by dealer it was released by the factory. The sales guy (not mine) can’t believe that it is not there. Said they were invoiced. So Jeep has a scam going we’re they can claim revenue (sales) without shipping it. Based on my window sticker build date was 8/16 dealer said released on 8/17.

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
jeep chat informed me today when following up,that my new time is now 9/10 to 9/24 was originally 8/27 to 9/3 them 9/6. Them 9/6 to 9/14. Now 9/14 to 9/27. Call Jeep Advisors and opened case. I am tired of taking mass transit 3 hours each way everyday. I wouldn’t mind if the commute was only an hour. I can drive to my office in 20 minutes. Call the dealer salesman was gone today and is off tomorrow. The manager is calling me tomorrow. Will ask for the dealer representative to get this shipped. I was told by dealer it was released by the factory. The sales guy (not mine) can’t believe that it is not there. Said they were invoiced. So Jeep has a scam going we’re they can claim revenue (sales) without shipping it. Based on my window sticker build date was 8/16 dealer said released on 8/17.
Hope the dealership didn’t sell it on you at a higher profit. I had a deal on a wrangler in Florida the manager stepped in last minute because someone ordered it

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
Hope the dealership didn’t sell it on you at a higher profit. I had a deal on a wrangler in Florida the manager stepped in last minute because someone ordered it
i have a deposit on it so if they sold it I am going to have a full rubi on them. JC still says it is in transit but will not say where it is. Especially since I have a vin number provided by the dealer with Jeep Chat still acknowledging mecas the future owner. If it was delivered they will tell you it was delivered

First Name
Zoë
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara - on order
Occupation
DND
I'm in Canada, and I'm ten days from being at my seventh month of waiting. Originally I was given a 4-5 month range, which was a kick in the teeth when I found out that a lot of the US were getting theirs in 4-6 weeks. And I got screwed over last year when I went to order in Bikini Pearl when they just poofed the cool colours with no notice. I'm so past done with this entire cluster*ck. A Wrangler has been my dream vehicle for over half of my life, and I'm not even sure I want the damn thing anymore.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I'm in Canada, and I'm ten days from being at my seventh month of waiting. Originally I was given a 4-5 month range, which was a kick in the teeth when I found out that a lot of the US were getting theirs in 4-6 weeks. And I got screwed over last year when I went to order in Bikini Pearl when they just poofed the cool colours with no notice. I'm so past done with this entire cluster*ck. A Wrangler has been my dream vehicle for over half of my life, and I'm not even sure I want the damn thing anymore.
Ah man, I finally went and looked up the Bikini color. All this time I assumed it was some nasty off beige color. I was wrong, it is sweet. Probably got rid of it to add yet another shade of grey.

First Name
Zoë
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara - on order
Occupation
DND
Ah man, I finally went and looked up the Bikini color. All this time I assumed it was some nasty off beige color. I was wrong, it is sweet. Probably got rid of it to add yet another shade of grey.
It's freaking gorgeous, and I rubber-neck every time I see one. I thought of getting it wrapped in a similar colour but I just don't have the budget to add 4k just for a colour

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
this is the first vehicle I ever ordered from any manufacturer but honeslty the unhappiness quotient seems off the charts. has it always been this way or is this another thing we can blame on COViD and the chip shortage if it wasn't due to covid?

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
this is the first vehicle I ever ordered from any manufacturer but honeslty the unhappiness quotient seems off the charts. has it always been this way or is this another thing we can blame on COViD and the chip shortage if it wasn't due to covid?
The second part…I ordered a Sahara fully loaded when they came out in 2018, 3 weeks from start to finish…didn’t ask JC or my dealership for follow ups

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Remember that any built earlier may be sitting so far inside the parking lot that they literally can't get it out to install the remaining chips when they arrive. That means first-in-last-out and the newer orders would appear faster. :idea:

Of course let's not talk about what else can go wrong in the next eight weeks.

Advertisement

Advertisement