JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Jeff B

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport
Hell if I were you, I'd be like, don't bother shipping it. I will drive out to the damn factory and pick it up myself! lol
I second that…drive over to the factory and to dealership to finalize everything
Been thinking about doing that for a few weeks now.

Advertisement

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
Hey guys, wanted to share my perspective so far. Ordered on 7/2, with an estimated ship the week of 9/18. Nothing shows on crypto yet, but I called Jeep for the first time today and they said it's in build process, which could mean anything though. It's interesting for many of you who are blaming jeep. My dealer told me up front, probably 10-12 weeks from order. If you guys were told something much shorter, you should be complaining to the dealer. They know how long it's been taking for their orders, they would just rather tell you shorter so you still order with them.

Just my thoughts, but at 60 days, I'm not upset at all because I knew what I was getting into. Now that doesn't mean I wasn't hoping for an earlier surprise...
I think people are pissed off at Jeep because they see the same build as theirs shipping in 4-6 weeks while they have been waiting months. just my 2 cents

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
MJKid88, Did you receive this bullshit this morning?
FCA Ba****ds

20210902_103705.jpg
Nope, I just checked my spam folder too.

Have you checked your status with JC to corroborate?

I really thought shipping would be quick because of all the Jeeps that Gupton orders.

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
So, just checked with Chat about status, they say parts are being collected, where last week all parts were gathered and will be built soon. called customer service just too double check. first they can't find my ViN, but through VoN they see D1 status..... don't understand how same department just different communication platform. doesn't have same information

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Nope, I just checked my spam folder too.

Have you checked your status with JC to corroborate?

I really thought shipping would be quick because of all the Jeeps that Gupton orders.
I have not checked with JC or JPS because they will just say:

Check with your dealer, because you know, how would FCA Corp know where our Jeeps are (can you sense the sarcasm there).

I'm hanging tight until Monday, hopefully we will have heard our rigs dropped by then, but if not, and I have to reschedule my airfare at 2X the cost, I'm gonna request FCA pays the extra $300. How you think that will play out?

If you hear anything, let me know.

One of the fellas on here is gonna be at Guptons tomorrow. Hopefully he sees our rigs there. Tho mine might be hard to find, blending right in. #hellayellarocks 🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Check with your dealer, because you know, how would FCA Corp know where our Jeeps are (can you sense the sarcasm there).

I'm hanging tight until Monday, hopefully we will have heard our rigs dropped by then, but if not, and I have to reschedule my airfare at 2X the cost, I'm gonna request FCA pays the extra $300. How you think that will play out?

One of the fellas on here is gonna be at Guptons tomorrow. Hopefully he sees our rigs there. Tho mine might be hard to find, blending right in. #hellayellarocks 🤣🤣🤣
I’ve had no issue with JC giving updates, I’ve talked to Micheal both times. During D1 stage.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had no issue with JC giving updates, I’ve talked to Micheal both times. During D1 stage.
Once it enters the shipping status (whatever that means) JC gives you a 2 week window then they are out. From then on they will refer you to the dealer which will tell you all they have is the same 2 week window JC gave you.

Then FCA might extend that window on you, without any explanation, like they did to me and others.

Some of us have no idea where our Shipping Status Jeeps are. Still in Toledo, on a train, on a truck, on the moon, in Xanadu.

🙂

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Once it enters the shipping status (whatever that means) JC gives you a 2 week window then they are out. From then on they will refer you to the dealer which will tell you all they have is the same 2 week window JC gave you.

Then FCA might extend that window on you, without any explanation, like they did to me and others.

Some of us have no idea where our Shipping Status Jeeps are. Still in Toledo, on a train, on a truck, on the moon, in Xanadu.

🙂
Mine and @Mojito!JLUR ordered ours in PA and have a 2 week windo of 8/25 - 9/08. This is what is testing my patience lol.

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC

My flight is on Southwest and I can change flights for no cost, but I would need to go back to HR and request the time off-so it's a pain in the ass for all involved.

Seriously, yeah, ask your buddy if he sees either one of ours on the dealer lot. Mine is a Firecracker Red 4xe.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer

🙂
My dealer in Tucson told me that their worst problem is shipping! they just can't find enough drivers to deliver their trucks. That's why the date keeps shifting and they give you a large window.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer in Tucson told me that their worst problem is shipping! they just can't find enough drivers to deliver their trucks. That's why the date keeps shifting and they give you a large window.
I’ll drive my self there here take my old Jeep and give me the new one…

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My flight is on Southwest and I can change flights for no cost, but I would need to go back to HR and request the time off-so it's a pain in the ass for all involved.

Seriously, yeah, ask your buddy if he sees either one of ours on the dealer lot. Mine is a Firecracker Red 4xe.
So yours will be hard to spot too. 🤣

I don't know him he just posted he'd take pics and post them. He's a well known member, just can't recall his name.

I'm on Southwest as well, but I paid less than $100/ticket. There is no change fee, but if I only buy a week out the ticket price is almost 2X what I paid and there are two of us flying.

I'm trying to keep relaxed for now. Until next week when I will start freaking tf out.

jeepchik

First Name
Kendra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4Xe HA (on order), 2002 Wrangler X
Occupation
Software Engineer
MJKid88, Did you receive this bullshit this morning?
FCA Ba****ds

20210902_103705.jpg
I am on the same delivery range as you and @MJKid88 are, with all of us delivering to Gupton previously by 9/6. After seeing this post today, I checked in with Jeep Chat and my delivery range has been adjusted and is now reflecting a range of 9/2-9/14 for delivery.
This is leading me to believe that our jeeps are just sitting there waiting on a train to bring them down, or waiting on a truck to bring them from the railyard.

I spoke with Walter (my salesman from Gupton) last night about booking a flight for the 10th or the 11th and he told me not to book, as my Jeep has not arrived yet. I wonder if he knew that they had been delayed already and just didn't mention it to me.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I've now regressed from "all parts have been gathered and your jeep has been scheduled" to "we're gathering parts" three times. That doesn't sound right and makes me worry that something is amiss.

Jeep Chat says waiting on chips.
I followed up today because three regressions seems somewhat problematic, and the more I think about it, the more I was convinced it was a sign of a problem. The agent concurred that it is odd and escalated it without being asked to.

Why can't this just be easy?

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am on the same delivery range as you and @MJKid88 are, with all of us delivering to Gupton previously by 9/6. After seeing this post today, I checked in with Jeep Chat and my delivery range has been adjusted and is now reflecting a range of 9/2-9/14 for delivery.
This is leading me to believe that our jeeps are just sitting there waiting on a train to bring them down, or waiting on a truck to bring them from the railyard.

I spoke with Walter (my salesman from Gupton) last night about booking a flight for the 10th or the 11th and he told me not to book, as my Jeep has not arrived yet. I wonder if he knew that they had been delayed already and just didn't mention it to me.
I'm pretty sure they get the updated info at least the same time we do, probably before.

I'm not sure who my salesman is. I had always talked to Daniel, but he was heading out for vaca the day I bought so Renee entered my order.

I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Daniel has always been straight forward and honest with me, (Renee has as well) as far as I can tell and he says he simply can't see where the units are. I can't imagine how frustrating and stressful it must be for him.

Realizing I have never spoken with him or know him personally, but through my extensive research on the dealership and its personnel and Email interactions I have had, using my highly honed people perception powers, I truly believe they are an atypical dealership. Sincerely trying to help the customer without playing games. I may be wrong, I hope and don't think I am, but its been a long time since anyone's pulled one over on me. My Bullshit-o-Meter is pretty accurate these days.

All we can do is wait. and wait. and wait. and wait. and wait.

Advertisement

Advertisement