JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I work for the railroad. You cannot track a rail car unless you are a customer and speak to the right people and have all the needed information. Jeep would be able to call customer service and get the location of a rail car, but I highly doubt they even have the information of which rail car a given vehicle is loaded on to. Just that it was delivered to the shipper, off-loaded, delivered to dealer, etc.
I worked for a 3PL and we had the tracking info automatically updated in our systems on each of our containers. But we submitted the billing directly to the RR as soon as they were loaded so they would allow our containers to ingate. I guess the question is who's freight is it at what point? When does it transfer from Jeep to the dealership? JC usually defers to the dealer on final delivery dates and I would imagine it's the dealers freight since they placed the order. I'm going with B) the dealer!

Advertisement

bigcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Black/Black/6speed
Yes!! D1 status. Called Jeep Customer Care late today and got great news! I know I know, it could regress. It might not even be true. Jeep Chat still stays waiting for parts. So....clearly one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Not that that's news. BUT i will take it and pretend there's a rail car with my name own it next week.

Ordered 6/22
D1 Status - 8/27 (66 days)
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Black/Black/6-speed manual
Can't wait to put my stock wheels on fb marketplace :)

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sahara 4xe Ordered '18 Tesla Model 3 For Sale
I don't think there is any way to make any sense of this entire system. All I want is a tentative date and can't seem to get that. So frustrating!!
If it didn't involve so many people dealing with frustration, this would be a fascinating thread making for a great puzzle. I hope you get your build soon!

Sponsored

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sahara 4xe Ordered '18 Tesla Model 3 For Sale
I don't have much support with my thought on this, but from what I have seen, the more wranglers a dealership sells, the more allocations they get. If you order from a dealership that sells jeep, but the majority are GC, it will come in slower than the dealership that sell wranglers in volume. I heard this from my dealer, but also I have reached out to people that have quick turn around on their orders, and most are from volume dealers.

I bought mine in KS, because my local dealership (other than being a$$holes) sell more dodge trucks, and they told me 12-16 weeks for an order. I could be wrong, and mine may not come in till next Feb. (I ordered 7/30) but mine is moving along fine, and my salesman called me and said they hope to have it in 2-3 weeks. Only time will tell.
So much guesswork trying to figure it out - but this theory seems possible. I wonder if high volume dealers fave different priority on the orders they submit. I also wonder about higher margin builds having priority - of course all this also dependent on availability of parts for different options.

Jehnbar

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
I think the point from the dealer is specific to the 4xe. Also, good to note that supply restrictions are not zero supply. I am sure someone got one fast. But for those who are waiting a unseemingly long time, this may be helpful. I am pretty sure the Mopar dealer owner wasnt making this up.
I ordered a Sahara 4XE.

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
I don't think you can unless you have the rail car#, the specific RR, and call their tracking CSR. Even then I doubt you'd get that information as just a random person. You'd probably need to have a registered account and then you can track "your" freight in their system. The dealer should be able to track it if they care to I would think. All the Jeeps are loaded into a manifest that's tied to the specific autocarrier railcar they're on. When that railcar goes by a scanner, all the vehicles update. Again, dealer should be privy to that info I would guess.

Here's a quick, interesting video on the autocarriers: UP Autocarriers
My Salesman updates me daily Since mine has shipped. He updates when he arrives to work and before he departs. The Dealers have access to the transit info.

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
I work for the railroad. You cannot track a rail car unless you are a customer and speak to the right people and have all the needed information. Jeep would be able to call customer service and get the location of a rail car, but I highly doubt they even have the information of which rail car a given vehicle is loaded on to. Just that it was delivered to the shipper, off-loaded, delivered to dealer, etc.
They are tracked. I receive daily updates from my Salesman. Just an FYI.

Proviso, IL as of two hours ago - received this info when my guy arrived to work.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
Where did you order from?
I ordered from Warwick CDJR in WaRick,NY. Transportation code NY transport. About 15 miles from NYC the way the crow flys. I ordered on 7/29 with the VIN and VON received the vin on 8/2 with the VON on 8/3 when I asked for it. Build sheet showed up on 8/17 and Window sticker on 8/19. I ordered Sport S black 3"6 non etorq 8 speed auto technology group, led headlight, safety group, advanced safety group. So just waiting now

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered from Warwick CDJR in WaRick,NY. Transportation code NY transport. About 15 miles from NYC the way the crow flys. I ordered on 7/29 with the VIN and VON received the vin on 8/2 with the VON on 8/3 when I asked for it. Build sheet showed up on 8/17 and Window sticker on 8/19. I ordered Sport S black 3"6 non etorq 8 speed auto technology group, led headlight, safety group, advanced safety group. So just waiting now
Nice hopefully you get it soon

iunate42

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Ordered from Gupton:

Rubicon 4xe

Bright White (black roof, black fenders)
Leather seats
Cold Weather Group
Safety & Advanced Safety
Remote Proximity
Offroad Camera
Steel Bumpers

7/2 Ordered
VIN within a few days

What followed was a weekly check in where they were gathering parts. I resolved to only check in once a week, usually on a Monday

8/4: All parts were gathered, though I didn't know it yet.

8/9 (via JC): All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

8/16 (via JC): All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.
At this stage generally, the build time for specially ordered vehicle is approximately 7 - 9 weeks from order to delivery. This timing is projected/estimated however and could be subject to change.
As of August 4th, I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process

8/23 (via JC): Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 8/21/2021 - 09/02/2021 . Please reach out to your dealer to get further details on your vehicle’s arrival.

8/23 (email to Gupton): Confirmed that Gupton does not have my Jeep on the lot; they were showing same information.

8/25 (via JC): Thank you, taking a look over the information I am showing the order will be delivered between the following dates 08/21/2021 - 09/02/2021. I wanted to confirm it was still in transit and hadn't gone backwards.

8/26 (email to Gupton): Plan on picking it up the weekend of the 10th unless something crazy happens.

So stoked! And just over 8 weeks start to finish. This will be my first Wrangler - replacing a 2009 Honda Civic which I've been driving since 2009.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
Ordered from A high volume dealer

Rubicon 4XE
Granite Crystal
Soft top
Paint matched fenders
Proximity entry
Gorilla glass