Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Jesus_fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Clubs

Anyone order the Cold weather group? My dealer told me he thinks that’s what is holding up my build. He said they were told to strongly suggest against ordering it now because of that.

Order date 7/2

JLU
Hydro Blue
2.0l
Cloth seats
All weather floor mats
Molar black side steps
Adv safety group
Safety Group
Premium soft top
Cold weather group
Convenience group
Alpine Audio
Technology group
I ordered the cold weather group on 7/7. It's currently on a train on it's way to my dealer.

Advertisement

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Ordered mine this past weekend (8/21)

JLU Rubi
3.6L with 6spd manual
Bright White
Body color fender flares
Body color hard top
Dual top group
HD Rock Slider w/step assist
Remote proximity keyless entry (Dealer said it was required, but I wanted it anyway)
Off Road camera
8.4" Radio with Alpine premium audio
LED Lighting group
Safety group
Advanced safety group
Trailer tow & HD Electric group
Cold Weather Group
All Weather Floor mats
Trail Rail system
Cargo tub liner
Stainless door sill guards
Grab handle kit
Gorilla glass
Falken Wildpeak M/Ts

Now the waiting begins. Does anyone see anything that is known to be delayed?

Wallbanger

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I got the same response from one of our local Jeep salesmen. First I got no way anyone can (will) sell for that, then I get "they (other dealer) are losing money or gaming the system", then when I showed them the quote and said point blank, I'm buying TODAY, RIGHT NOW, I get no way here, "jump on that other deal right now!"

I go on to explain to them I am NOT special in any way shape or form. Anyone with $1100 can get 6, 7 or 8% below invoice, with zero negotiation or bullshit, in 5 minutes, over email. In fact, I've never even heard my salesmans voice.

What burns my ass is every local dealer I talked with feigned not knowing about Tread Lightly (that I can believe) or FCA control numbers (that I DO NOT believe). I almost wanted to charge for educating them about it.

I have a couple friends who sell and both claim they only make $50-$100 on a new car sale. Not calling them liars, but NO ONE ANYWHERE can (would) sell a 40, 50, 60, $70,000 product for $100. They always fail to talk about the retirement contributions, bonuses, etc. where they can actually make a living selling cars.

What actually upsets me is I REALLY DO want to buy local. I tried so hard to do so, but there's a point where you just say F it.
I used to sell cars back in the late 90's. The fact that the dealership makes "some" money and the salesman only makes $100-$200 or so is true. The salesmen make their money on used cars where they set the price and it is harder for the buyer to compare apples to apples with other dealers because they usually don't have the exact same car with the same options and miles.

When I sold cars, the owner of the dealership told me that a dealership could never survive only selling new cars. The profit is just not there. They make their living with used cars, the service department, body shop, detail department, etc.

I do believe what my buddy said when he didn't know about Tread Lightly. The affiliate site shows how many of those deals each dealership has done. It said the dealer I ordered from has done 1 before mine.

Sponsored

Aubie4Pres

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko 4xe Rubicon
Okay, starting to see real progress, lucky for me. JC told me my order has now moved to shipping and is in-transit to my dealership. We'll see how that goes, but maybe that's good news for anyone else that ordered from Mike at Mall of Georgia. I don't see the window sticker up yet either viewing by the weblink or cryptostickers, but we all know it can be delayed in posting. Praying the rest of you guys get some movement here ASAP.

Update - No sooner did I post the above than I got my window sticker email!

@Aubie4Pres - have you ridden the Georgia Traverse yet? It's on my short list of trails here in the SE to get to. Would be beautiful in the Fall.
I've done sections, but not the full traverse. It's def a great ride with super easy stuff to some actual true off-roading. Either way you spend the majority of the trail in the woods which is great.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I used to sell cars back in the late 90's. The fact that the dealership makes "some" money and the salesman only makes $100-$200 or so is true. The salesmen make their money on used cars where they set the price and it is harder for the buyer to compare apples to apples with other dealers because they usually don't have the exact same car with the same options and miles.

When I sold cars, the owner of the dealership told me that a dealership could never survive only selling new cars. The profit is just not there. They make their living with used cars, the service department, body shop, detail department, etc.

I do believe what my buddy said when he didn't know about Tread Lightly. The affiliate site shows how many of those deals each dealership has done. It said the dealer I ordered from has done 1 before mine.
I'd luv to see that list. Got a link?

Granada

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Anyone order the Cold weather group? My dealer told me he thinks that’s what is holding up my build. He said they were told to strongly suggest against ordering it now because of that.

Order date 7/2

JLU
Hydro Blue
2.0l
Cloth seats
All weather floor mats
Molar black side steps
Adv safety group
Safety Group
Premium soft top
Cold weather group
Convenience group
Alpine Audio
Technology group
I did on my 6/18 order. Dealer expects it to ship 9/2. Certainly could have been the thing holding mine up but it was the wife's only requirement.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
No, I wasn't saying you didn't get a great deal. I was just pointing out to people that there is a holdback that Jeep pays dealerships pretty much no matter what they sell them for. They are lying if they say they won't make money. Jeeps probably have the highest profit margin of any vehicle sold in this volume. They sell like hotcakes which is why many dealers don't care to negotiate. However, the internet salesman isn't going to sell as many off the lot cars as the on the lot guys. Plus when they special order, I don't think those count against the dealerships allotment so why not sell as many off those as you can?

There is Holdback, Floor Plan Assistance, Advertising Assistance, Sales Bonuses, yada, yada. They get it on all the new vehicles. If they order the unit, all that would be pure profit.

No need to feel sorry for car dealers.

20210826_080646.jpg

Sponsored

lisalynne

First Name
BlackBetty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, '21 High Altitude on order
Friday will be 17 weeks since I placed my order. At about 10-12 weeks, it was escalated to priority. I think jeep just said it was priority to shut me up. I was calling them or doing Chat every other day. So 17 weeks and no ship date.
I just ordered mine on July 30 but I call every day. I don't understand why I can't get an estimated delivery date. Trying to coordinate the sell of my 2018 JL. Ughhhhhhh!!!!!

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
There is Holdback, Floor Plan Assistance, Advertising Assistance, Sales Bonuses, yada, yada. They get it on all the new vehicles. If they order the unit, all that would be pure profit.

No need to feel sorry for car dealers.

20210826_080646.jpg
Exactly if a dealer says they will lose money…BS they are making money on the back end. They say that so they make even more money off of you.

canc1978

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Willy
So my sticker showed up on the tracker this morning. i can't click on it. is it supposed to be a hyperlink?

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
So my sticker showed up on the tracker this morning. i can't click on it. is it supposed to be a hyperlink?
There is another forums that shows you how to look up window stickers when they are provided for the vin. Search Guide ordering and that should be the one.

Advertisement

Advertisement