Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I think it depends on region. My local dealer/salesperson is a very good friend of mine. This is a guy that I hang out with, watch sports and have a few beers with once or twice a week... a guy that comes to my kids' birthday parties. He said the same thing. He said if you're special ordering a Rubicon, it's sticker and some people pay over sticker. When I told him that I could get 5% below invoice, his reply was-- don't even come see us... go get that deal asap and I won't even feel bad about it. (mainly because as a salesman, he makes $200 at most on a new car)

Since a few people on this forum are saying they were able to get 5% below invoice, I called about 5 or 6 dealerships. The best deal I could find was 1% below invoice with the Tread Lightly membership. No one would even consider doing better than that.

After shopping around, I went back to the local Jeep store/friend (like 2 miles from my house). I told them I was able to find 1% below invoice. They agreed to sell it to me "at" invoice and due to the convenience factor, I was happy with that. The price isn't that much of a difference and this dealership has been good to me with my other vehicles. They weren't familiar with the Tread Lightly program, but they said if the code worked, they would do invoice.

They also mentioned that they are not a very high volume dealership (around 40 Jeeps per month) and they rely on gross-per-deal to make a profit and survive. They said maybe a large dealership that sells hundreds of Jeeps per month could do it and make up for it on the back end.

My Rubicon stickered for $53,320 and I'm getting it for $50,395. My buddy said I got one of the best deals he has seen at their store. I know I could've done better if I kept on pressing, but this is where I felt that the deal was good enough for me and I was tired of playing the game.
I have a neighbor near me that was like "when you are ready to sell come see me" I told I was looking ordering a 392 and I asked what he would do and he told me it 15k over, I first told him there was one local doing it sticker and he was like "I am not suppose to say this but go to that one"...granted I did some reach and ordered from Chapman in PA for 6% under invoice.

Advertisement

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I did, which is why i went to 3 dealerships
Check out the recommended dealers pages. I ordered from Chapman, Tom (owner) made a post about what they offer at their dealership.

thisisluiss

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Green
I think it depends on region. My local dealer/salesperson is a very good friend of mine. This is a guy that I hang out with, watch sports and have a few beers with once or twice a week... a guy that comes to my kids' birthday parties. He said the same thing. He said if you're special ordering a Rubicon, it's sticker and some people pay over sticker. When I told him that I could get 5% below invoice, his reply was-- don't even come see us... go get that deal asap and I won't even feel bad about it. (mainly because as a salesman, he makes $200 at most on a new car)

Since a few people on this forum are saying they were able to get 5% below invoice, I called about 5 or 6 dealerships. The best deal I could find was 1% below invoice with the Tread Lightly membership. No one would even consider doing better than that.

After shopping around, I went back to the local Jeep store/friend (like 2 miles from my house). I told them I was able to find 1% below invoice. They agreed to sell it to me "at" invoice and due to the convenience factor, I was happy with that. The price isn't that much of a difference and this dealership has been good to me with my other vehicles. They weren't familiar with the Tread Lightly program, but they said if the code worked, they would do invoice.

They also mentioned that they are not a very high volume dealership (around 40 Jeeps per month) and they rely on gross-per-deal to make a profit and survive. They said maybe a large dealership that sells hundreds of Jeeps per month could do it and make up for it on the back end.

My Rubicon stickered for $53,320 and I'm getting it for $50,395. My buddy said I got one of the best deals he has seen at their store. I know I could've done better if I kept on pressing, but this is where I felt that the deal was good enough for me and I was tired of playing the game.

this is great info, thanks for sharing.

so $50,395 was the OTD price? or still need to add taxes and fees?
What groups packages did you get with your build?

DrSpank

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Not yet. She said they are having issues finding truck drivers due to covid. She said that their should be a couple of other builds with ours so I am hoping they find a driver quickly.
My hope for delivery by Friday is dwindling, not sure Labor Day weekend will happen.

Wallbanger

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have a neighbor near me that was like "when you are ready to sell come see me" I told I was looking ordering a 392 and I asked what he would do and he told me it 15k over, I first told him there was one local doing it sticker and he was like "I am not suppose to say this but go to that one"...granted I did some reach and ordered from Chapman in PA for 6% under invoice.
Great deal. I like seeing people getting the best deal possible, but sometimes I just get worn down and say--- ok... good enough, lets do it.

I'm also in commissioned sales and understand they need to profit to feed their kids, I just don't want to put their kids thru college.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Great deal. I like seeing people getting the best deal possible, but sometimes I just get worn down and say--- ok... good enough, lets do it.

I'm also in commissioned sales and understand they need to profit to feed their kids, I just don't want to put their kids thru college.
Dealers make money when, manufacturers give the dealers money, there is HB (holdback) + other incentives that the dealer makes, they just say they lose money since most people wont do research to fact check them.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe

Look at your POC and find the hold back pricing. They automagically make over a grand per Jeep no matter what they sell it for from what I understand.

Attachments

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Yep I did. Walked out with it in hand

20210619_101545.jpg
You should probably tell them to take that $9 charge for 4 additional gallons of gasoline off your diesel order! They already charged you for diesel fuel in the line above it! 😉

Wallbanger

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
this is great info, thanks for sharing.

so $50,395 was the OTD price? or still need to add taxes and fees?
What groups packages did you get with your build?
My situation is a little different than most. I'm leasing this thru my business. They added a few fees and tax, but they were not much. They gave me a quote worksheet with my monthly payment, the total of all payments, a bunch of other numbers & details, and I was happy with the deal. I can buy it after 48 months for $33,002.60, which I plan to personally buy it from the business at that time.

Options I was charged for:

Rubicon- $41,044
Sting Gray- $220
B/C Hard Top- $2290
B/C Flares- $626
LED Group- $1319
Gorilla Glass- $176
Cold Weather- $626
Alpine Stereo- $1166
M/T Tires- $176

Options that were mandatory (dealer showed me proof):

Proximity Key- $626
Headliner- $473
Floor Mats- $149

Wallbanger

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Look at your POC and find the hold back pricing. They automagically make over a grand per Jeep no matter what they sell it for from what I understand.
HB on mine is $1553. I never said I got an amazing deal. I'm just sharing my experience and I'm good with it.

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
HB on mine is $1553. I never said I got an amazing deal. I'm just sharing my experience and I'm good with it.
No, I wasn't saying you didn't get a great deal. I was just pointing out to people that there is a holdback that Jeep pays dealerships pretty much no matter what they sell them for. They are lying if they say they won't make money. Jeeps probably have the highest profit margin of any vehicle sold in this volume. They sell like hotcakes which is why many dealers don't care to negotiate. However, the internet salesman isn't going to sell as many off the lot cars as the on the lot guys. Plus when they special order, I don't think those count against the dealerships allotment so why not sell as many off those as you can?

Sheoran05

First Name
Arvind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
My situation is a little different than most. I'm leasing this thru my business. They added a few fees and tax, but they were not much. They gave me a quote worksheet with my monthly payment, the total of all payments, a bunch of other numbers & details, and I was happy with the deal. I can buy it after 48 months for $33,002.60, which I plan to personally buy it from the business at that time.

Rubicon- $41,044
Sting Gray- $220
B/C Hard Top- $2290
B/C Flares- $626
LED Group- $1319
Gorilla Glass- $176
Cold Weather- $626
Alpine Stereo- $1166
M/T Tires- $176

Proximity Key- $626
Headliner- $473
Floor Mats- $149
I don’t think these are mandatory. What proof he showed?

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe

thisisluiss

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Green

Rubicon- $41,044
Sting Gray- $220
B/C Hard Top- $2290
B/C Flares- $626
LED Group- $1319
Gorilla Glass- $176
Cold Weather- $626
Alpine Stereo- $1166
M/T Tires- $176

Proximity Key- $626