JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

GR8ESC

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Wow, I see all these folks with long wait times for their builds and here I am, just hoping mine takes a week or 2 longer to arrive to the dealer. My house is expected to close about 9/16 and I want to get all of that done and moved in before I drive out to Idaho to pick up my jeep.

I ordered 8/6 and found out today that it is currently awaiting shipping and expected to arrive to the dealer 9/1-9/14.
Kyle, you're killing me. :) I ordered from Peterson's on July 5th, still not built. Currently in D1 and hopefully completing soon.

Advertisement

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Can someone give me any idea of how long I may sit before transport? I am in status KZ - KZ "S" which sounds like JS. Went into KZ on friday of last week. Is this something that'll be a weekish or multiple weeks?

I am hoping it helps that I am in a major metroplex area - Dallas/Fort Worth.

BigA572nd

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Same build minus engine block heater and LED Lighting, I ordered 8/4 and was told it is built and awaiting shipping.

Not too many options I think

JLUR w/ 6spd
Sarge Green
Cold weather group
Trailer Tow
LED lighting
8.4in radio w/ premium audio
All weather floor mats
Remote-proximity keyless entry
3pc hardtop
Engine block heater

Sponsored

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
Well, Im not sure what to think. I ordered on 7/29 and given all the comments here, fully expected to wait until November. I checked with Jeep Chat for the heck of it today to see if I could get a status, I was informed I was in the shipping phase and had an ETA of any time between today and 9/6?

Im pretty skeptical as I still dont show as having a sticker. Not sure the likelihood of actually having shipped and not having a sticker show up yet. My plan is to remain patient and just wait for the phone call that it arrived.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Question: If the dealership gives you a "build date", is that supposed to be the date it's scheduled to begin the build, or the date it should finish? I ordered 7/2, got the VIN on 7/3, and he initially gave me a build date of 8/2. On 8/1, he emailed and said it was revised to 8/25. That said, he looks to be spot on if the build date is actually when it's completed and rolls off the line. What's the consensus?

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Passed a trailer with 8 or so JLUs on the PA turnpike just outside Philly this morning. Was still sitting there 8 hours later :swear:. I know mine wasnt on it but still not happy just seeing them sitting there.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Passed a trailer with 8 or so JLUs on the PA turnpike just outside Philly this morning. Was still sitting there 8 hours later :swear:. I know mine wasnt on it but still not happy just seeing them sitting there.
I'll bet the driver was just over his time and had to take his mandatory break by the DOT. I bet he's rolling again ASAP once he's legal. Your clock starts the minute you're on-duty. That would included driving to Toledo, getting loaded, and then heading out toward your destination. Trust me, they're not making money sitting still so he wants to get unloaded as bad as we want our Jeeps.

Toledo to Philly is 530 miles, or probably a 9-10 hour drive by car carrier.

Sponsored

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
We ordered on 7/14, Sahara 4xe with following options:

Advanced safety
Safety
Cold weather
Anti spin differential
Front camera
Dual tops
Proximity key
Tow package
Grab handles
Sill plates
Trail rail organizer
Floor mats
Windshield tie downs

We got the VIN and VON within a few days of placing order. The Jeep is still not showing up on crypto. Salesman advised estimated ship date is September 9th. We cannot wait for it to arrive and are hoping it beats the estimated ship date as dealer is in Toledo area.

Stanley

First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf Gti. Ordered 2021 Wrangler Willy's
Ordered: 6/27/2021
VON: Same day
VIN: 6/28/2021
All parts gathered: 7/22/2021
On 7/23 Dealer provided estimated ship date: 8/4/2021
On 7/29 Dealer provided an updated ship date: 8/5/2021
On 7/30/2021 received email from customer care about estimated delivery to the dealer: Week of 9/6/2021
On 8/2, chat responded with some better news: "Your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."
On 8/4, received a build sheet and chat confirmed that vehicle is in inspection.
On 8/5, dealer provided ETA: 8/16/21-8/25/21 and confirmed the car is shipped.
On 8/6, received a window sticker.
On 8/13, visited the dealer to discuss my trade-in and they showed my that JLY is on the truck now and based on the google map within 50-60 miles from dealership.
On 8/16: car was ready to be picked up
On 8/21: final pick up :)

I love it!

JLU.jpg

DrSpank

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Not yet. It has not been unloaded off the train yet... Per my salesperson. Just waiting. Did yours make it to memphis?
Found out mine was on the same train. Expect we will have delivery around the same time. Hoping by Friday, going out of town Saturday.

DHartlein

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Firecracker Red Rubicon JLU, 23 White Sport JLU
7/12 order date, so six weeks so far. Firecracker Red JLU Rubicon 2.0 Turbo w/premium soft top, trailer tow and HD electrical, steel bumper group, LED lighting, 8.4 Alpine audio, Step assist HD rock sliders, proximity key, grab handles, plastic sill plates, soft top window bag, floor mats. VON same day, VIN day 2.

Have contacted Jeep Chat every Monday, after the first few weeks. Last Monday, parts gathered build about to start by end of the week, dealer may be able to advise ship and deliver ETAs. Terrific. Unfortunately, dealer could not see anything. Today, parts still gathered, now no idea when build will start Jeep Chat suggested we check back in two weeks. Huh?

Have 5" and 7" Mopar trail lights, mounts, a grille bar, warn winch and carrier tray, and rear cargo tray/mats sitting awaiting installation..... ready to roll! Hope we have a build underway soon.

Last edited:

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Same build minus engine block heater and LED Lighting, I ordered 8/4 and was told it is built and awaiting shipping.
I was back and forth on the LED lights but adding that option seemed like it'd be easier for me in the long run. Engine block heater was a must though. She'll be kept in a heated garage at home but I live where it drops to around -40 during the winter so I'll plug her in while I'm at work on 12hr shifts. And for $95, it was a cheap addition for peace of mind it adds.

Either way, this wrangler is going to be a massive upgrade from my 91 Ram w-250 without a working heater and wipers that keep crapping out on me, hahaha. I'm really looking forward to the heated seats and heated steering wheel.

Advertisement

Advertisement