JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

RUBITX

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
I have been reading this thread daily for months now. Wanted to finally share my experience and see if anyone else had a similar one.

Build: Black Wrangler 4xe Sahara (Body color hard top, proximity, cold weather, safety group, advanced safety group)

Ordered: 6/25 - dealer said 6-8 week delivery with some even arriving sooner
VON: 6/25
VIN: 6/29
Various inquiries to dealer and JC
7/15 - Dealer said ā€œthings have startedā€ I asked if it was in the build stage and he said yes (donā€™t think that was the case)
7/16 - Estimated ship date of 7/30
Various inquiries to dealer and JC (didnā€™t start saving JC until 8/2)
8/2 - Parts are being scheduled
8/4 - All materials received, should enter build process soon
8/9 - Parts are being scheduled
8/11 - Parts are being scheduled, escalated to brand team and assigned a case number
8/12 - Customer Care email from Cara: ā€œall of the materials that are necessary to build your vehicle are being received and the build process should begin very soonā€

Not holding my breathā€¦ Tomorrow will be 7 weeks(Thanks LuvYella it's been a long week)ā€¦ I feel bad for people who ordered before me and still havenā€™t had their order built yet but also feel their pain since 7 weeks has been a long painful waitā€¦This forum is the only thing that has been keeping me going šŸ˜‚

Has anyone else had their build escalated and received this email? If so how long did it take after this occurred? Or did it even help at all?
Seems like a canned response - I got the same email from Cara on a build submitted on 6/30. For context, I order the extreme recon option on the Rubicon which I know didn't start builds until August. Good luck

Advertisement

Draelor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Right? I'm actually going to miss tracking it, sleuthing to figure out where things are, and trying to understand the process once it's delivered.
Nah you'll be too busy wheeling!

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
Hey everyone!!! Just ordered a new JLU Sport S on Monday to replace my '21 Blazer. The Blazer was the first vehicle I have owned I never gelled with, and since used vehicle prices are all wacky and I have always wanted a CJ/Wrangler, I figured why not give it a shot? I have no plans to make it into some sort of a rock crawler, I just wanted something I can take the top off of and head down some dirt back roads.

So I am wondering how this tracking thing goes: My dealer said that FCA has issued a "stock number" and it's in D1 status showing a ship date of August 31st. How do I track it further? I asked for that stock number and he was hesitant to give it to me, is that what I need? Or am I way early in this process and I will get a VIN at some point soon. I've tried reading this thread on this am thinking I am missing something from the dealer.

Thanks!!!

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
Hey everyone!!! Just ordered a new JLU Sport S on Monday to replace my '21 Blazer. The Blazer was the first vehicle I have owned I never gelled with, and since used vehicle prices are all wacky and I have always wanted a CJ/Wrangler, I figured why not give it a shot? I have no plans to make it into some sort of a rock crawler, I just wanted something I can take the top off of and head down some dirt back roads.

So I am wondering how this tracking thing goes: My dealer said that FCA has issued a "stock number" and it's in D1 status showing a ship date of August 31st. How do I track it further? I asked for that stock number and he was hesitant to give it to me, is that what I need? Or am I way early in this process and I will get a VIN at some point soon. I've tried reading this thread on this am thinking I am missing something from the dealer.

Thanks!!!
You should get the von right away and the vin a couple days later. Then you can hit up jeep chat.

First post in this thread will tell you what you need to know.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

Just an aside...but what Chevy did to the Blazer name makes me sick. I miss my 77 square body...

Sponsored

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Finally got build sheet today (ordered 6/17).
It does show "Special Scheduling Condition VII" (not sure what is it), and "D1-To-D Regress" (did get that info twice from JC). Anybody could provide any insight on these?

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Ordered from Chapman too.
Ordered: 7/30
VIN assigned: 8/3
Will keep you posted on any updates.
Mine is D1 status with estimated ship date 8/26

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Got word today mine is in paint! Pretty cool that mine is being built in my Bday in the city Iā€™m from. Now hereā€™s to hoping I donā€™t get stuck in a phase beyond this like JB or I.

If its in paint early today, will it most likely be built today and moved to JB?

6F7060A1-64DF-4B6D-AB29-4B88730DAB11.jpeg

jeep.mama

First Name
Mama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
I just want to know if there's someone ANYONE out here on this thread who actually works for JEEP and knows the algorithm of building order for some insight :P

JRBJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
HUH! Cara, she's really busy sending out useless emails isn't she. I got one from her yesterday as well. We're now at 7 weeks as well. At this point I almost wish we had our lemon back. Maybe by now it would have been fixed and we wouldn't be wasting the summer with no vehicle at all.
šŸ˜‚ yeah it did not provide any useful info and she said she would be updating me throughout the rest of my build and delivery (whenever that may be) which I'm not getting my hopes up on at this point. This will be my first wrangler and I've wanted one since I was a kid but the wait just keeps getting longer and longer.

Sponsored

JRBJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
I have no idea. This is my first custom order. It would be interesting to get other's experiences - I've seen scattered stories of getting emails.

Mine came from an fcagroup.com email address with a sender name of simply "US Customer Care" and looked pretty SPAMmy initially - so it's also possible many people miss it.
Mine came from the same place with the subject being "Jeep Information Center". Didn't actually expect to get one after JC escalated my build and assigned a case number.

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
I got word from the dealer today that our fully loaded 4xe Rubicon has a ship date of August 30th. I ordered it on June 28th. He said a lot of his orders went into D1 status today.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
You should get the von right away and the vin a couple days later. Then you can hit up jeep chat.

First post in this thread will tell you what you need to know.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

Just an aside...but what Chevy did to the Blazer name makes me sick. I miss my 77 square body...
Thanks!!! I did read through that but what I wan't sure was if Jeep provided me the VON and VIN or if the dealer did because the dealer told me that Jeep will be giving me the updates. I saw a bunch of conflicting info on that because what I was told was different. I emailed my dealer and asked for the VON, he should have that if he knows mine is in D1 status. I'll see if I get it.

The Blazer is a fine vehicle, but for sure nothing like the old ones. The fact that it's "fine" is my major hang up with it: it does nothing particularly well, is not super comfortable, and while the V6 is peppy, it gets poor gas mileage and for a "performance" car, doesn't handle all that well, lot's of body roll. Tons of software "wiggles" and VERY poor paint quality as well, I don't see it looking good long term. It was a good sized vehicle but meh at best.

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
Thanks!!! I did read through that but what I wan't sure was if Jeep provided me the VON and VIN or if the dealer did because the dealer told me that Jeep will be giving me the updates. I saw a bunch of conflicting info on that because what I was told was different. I emailed my dealer and asked for the VON, he should have that if he knows mine is in D1 status. I'll see if I get it.

The Blazer is a fine vehicle, but for sure nothing like the old ones. The fact that it's "fine" is my major hang up with it: it does nothing particularly well, is not super comfortable, and while the V6 is peppy, it gets poor gas mileage and for a "performance" car, doesn't handle all that well, lot's of body roll. Tons of software "wiggles" and VERY poor paint quality as well, I don't see it looking good long term. It was a good sized vehicle but meh at best.
dealer has the vin if he knows it is in D!, Also jeep won't proactively give you updates that is for sure...plenty of threads with folks who have orders in la la land that can verify that...sounds like your salesperson just doesn't want to be bothered by you until you show up with a check. Man I sound cranky for a guy who's jeep got built in 11 days and is on a truck to the dealer now...I gotta stay off these order threads....

Sheoran05

First Name
Arvind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Just heard from my dealer that a build date (08/30) has been assigned to my JLURD.

Dealer - Mike - Mall of gerogia
Date of order - 07/28
Von/Vin - 07/29

Build:
Whilte JLUR Diesel
GG
Proximity entry
cold weather
safety group
Trailer tow package
standard 7 inch radio
cloth seats