JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
Now if we could use the VIN to see the whereabouts of the Jeeps in transit.
Someone's gotta have a Bill of Lading/manifest.
Just dreaming...

Advertisement

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Exactly. The only things different on mine than several I have seen that ordered weeks after me and have a sticker are Hella and manual windows/locks. If its the color, change it, if the the manual stuff bump me to an S.

Someone at Jeep knows. We need to find out how to talk to them.
I’ve been wondering if it’s color too. I ordered 6/17 JLUR hellayella 2.0 with a few options. Saw bunch of rubicon 2.0 built recently, not sure color though.
Current build date from dealer: 8/16. Had 2 rounds of Jeep chat reversing from parts gathered to parts gathering. Hopefully I’ll get something different next week!

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I GOT A BUILD DATE!!!!!

History:
6/30 - Ordered pretty loaded 2dr Rubi with 2.0

D status, maybe D1 since then. No real useful updates.

Got “The Email” from Jeep saying delivery would be around 9/30.

Today 8/9 I received an email from my dealer telling me my jeep is scheduled to be built 8/13.

I hope the worker are in a good mood on Friday.

I thought it took four days start to finish to build a Wrangler but dealer told me to hit him up next Monday to see if it was built.

OscarTemplar

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited sport JL
Configuration:
—JLU Willys Sport
——2.0L with 8-Spd Auto
——Sarge Green, Black Soft Top, Tan Cloth Seats
——Trailer Tow & HD Electrical Group

7/22:
—order placed with Gupton
—received VON from dealer

7/23:
—received VIN from dealer

8/3:
—from Jeep Chat: "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

8/6:
—from Jeep Chat: "I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest."

This seems like progress, but if I'm actually in "D1" status, shouldn't there be an estimated ship date!?
Waiting to arrive to the dealer
Order place 05/16/2021
5/16/2021 - Ordered from dealer
5/16/2021 - VON assigned
5/20/2021 - VIN assigned
7\23\2021 - F = paint
7/26/2021 - built and is pending installation of additional equipment
7/29/2021 - Window sticker
7/30/2021 - shipping stage however a Dealer ETA has not been provided.
8/3/2021 - The ETA to the dealer is 08/15/2021 - 08/22/2021
8/4/2021 - The ETA to the dealer is 08/12/2021 - 08/21/2021

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I ordered on 7/2 and had an original build date scheduled for 8/5. On 8/4 my dealer said it's been bumped to 8/25. There are orders that were placed well after mine that are being built and intransit for delivery. I'm pretty sure it's not color related because they can paint anything and put it aside for any order then grab that body and go. There has to be something about the specific orders of any given Jeep's specs that match up with what's being done on the line that triggers the build, including location. I think a few people made some decent points about the logistics of it all. Why build a one off that's going to Conway, AR if there's nothing else in the pipeline going that way? You'd pay a ton for transportation or it would just sit gathering dust in their parking lot and risk being dinged or scratched. Oh well, interesting points to ponder while i sit here staring out my window. Think I'll get my Jeep logo painted on the garage wall. 😆😜

Sponsored

Chaz442

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S Gecko
Occupation
Engineer
It's brutal. I wish I could stop looking. What's funny are the dual feelings. I see folks ordered 2 or 3 weeks after me, mine still gathering parts, they are driving theirs. I truly am happy for them, I really am, but at the same time would like to 👊 someone at Jeep. Build my damn Jeep or tell me why you won't. They appear unwilling to do either.
Still sitting in purgatory after being escalated on 7/24, fyi ordered 6/19. Got the same BS from my dealer, "will call my Dealer Rep and see what is holding up your order." Never got a call back of course.

Jeep Chat standard BS, still gathering parts, but build will start very soon. LOL. Last time I checked it is hard to start a build without all the parts.

My friends and I joke that a year from now the parts guy is going to wander out to the Jeep floor with the Tan seats for my order and say "guys I found that one set of Tan seats you were looking for" :) And then he will be super disappointed when the production manager says "ah go put those back that order was cancelled 12 months ago."

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
Got my window sticker last night. Dealer said shipping 8/19 which seems abnormally long? I live in Cincinnati so I’m not sure why it would take more than a week to arrive.
Anyone else with experience around shipping timeline after sticker shows up?

Well, from what I have been reading, looking back over the past year, the shipping timeline is based on an algorithm derived from the theorem known as "it depends".

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Target location makes the most sense but it's been difficult to see in the numbers because some go by rail and others by truck, so the shippable size and schedule aren't synchronized. Moreover, trains have a ton of capacity; the marginal cost of attaching another boxcar is practically zero in terms of motive power.

Paint, historically I've had no reason to believe so. To avoid tonnes of noise I don't always include all properties in analyses (for example, the "Customer Preferred Packages" of which there are many, as well as properties that tend to just be duplicates of others). I don't have the clear coats in my old "weekly" script showing properties with overall average delays, not by default, but right now it does seem like a few are troubled. Hellayella fell behind 1.5mo ago but is fine. Black might actually go in cycles. Billet Silver... they ran out?

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking comparison-paint

(Here be dragons: When I ran everything through Bayesian filters, I didn't include absolutely every single property either because for a depth one correlation that's 750*750 over 5000 builds averaging 230 properties each. It doesn't really work this way but putting it in common terms that's over 1 terabyte of data and I'm not running my system for a week just to find that "what happens this week changes next week". As seen above, Hellayella was ahead, then behind for a couple weeks, then got ahead, and might be settling down. Bayesian filters aka one type of "machine learning" don't really detect that type of seasonality. One of my very first ideas on this hacky project might have helped, but it didn't seem worth it to separately track all 750 properties since most of them are likely just noise in answering this question and it would have meant checking 750 graphs. I have better things to do with my CPU power. :blush: In any case, over various separate inspections of data, even including all the properties, nothing has universally jumped out as "the pattern". Most delays seem temporary, though obviously supply chain has been a big forcing function recently.)

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
One could probably achieve peace in the Middle East, solve world hunger, and invent time travel before we figure out this scheduling madness.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, from what I have been reading, looking back over the past year, the shipping timeline is based on an algorithm derived from the theorem known as "it depends".
This is likely very close to the reality, but still contains a bit of a personification fallacy. People here speak as if there is a reason, instead of asking if Jeep can actually find this information. They likely just follow the suggestions of their own software. "Cost to benefit has reduced below 1.00, send the train off without this one which might be stuck in inspections for 2--14 days".

Keep in mind that their software was likely written by an intern, upgraded to a new "Agile language" by another intern, and likely has thousands of open request and bug reports. :angry:

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
One could probably achieve peace in the Middle East, solve world hunger, and invent time travel before we figure out this scheduling madness.
Eh, I think it probably does make sense, but here in this thread we're stuck in Plato's allegorical cave.

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
There is no scheduling madness. All that D, D1 bullshit was created in an attempt to appease customers. the reality is that the line workers meet every morning, draw VON's from a hat and decide to build either in ascending or descending order.
Simply no madness at all, they have a system, dammit!

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
This is likely very close to the reality, but still contains a bit of a personification fallacy. People here speak as if there is a reason, instead of asking if Jeep can actually find this information. They likely just follow the suggestions of their own software. "Cost to benefit has reduced below 1.00, send the train off without this one which might be stuck in inspections for 2--14 days".

Keep in mind that their software was likely written by an intern, upgraded to a new "Agile language" by another intern, and likely has thousands of open request and bug reports. :angry:
Common rail "auto carriers" can hold between 10/15 vehicles at a time. I would imagine they'd want it full. Since rail just covers the largest distance and then the motor carriers do the local, or short-haul leg, they use that end of the rail point as a delivery spoke. Load 5 railcars of Jeeps and Gladiators to Atlanta/Lawrenceville, then you can have 10 out so trucks pick them up and deliver in any direction to your various dealerships. Cost would add up if you didn't fill your rail cars.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
There is no scheduling madness. All that D, D1 bullshit was created in an attempt to appease customers. the reality is that the line workers meet every morning, draw VON's from a hat and decide to build either in ascending or descending order.
Simply no madness at all, they have a system, dammit!
I still think they let an octopus or chicken draw the VIN's to be built.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Eh, I think it probably does make sense, but here in this thread we're stuck in Plato's allegorical cave.

We are all attempting to extrapolate from very limited data — maybe 20-30 vehicles a day out of 600-900 — so yes, shadows on the wall.

I do have a suspicion that the scheduling algorithm, rather than starting at the oldest orders and attempting to schedule them, attempts to schedule the newest orders first. Then, occasionally, humans intervene and force schedule the older orders in places where a nearly identical newer order has been scheduled, which reschedules the newer order. This pretty well explains why orders seem to get D1-scheduled immediately OR languish in D for a long time, but very rarely something in between. It also explains why some people are D1-scheduled but then revert to D for a while.

But agreed — it was written by interns from the local community college in 1993. 😂

Advertisement

Advertisement