EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Mmmmm maybe. But my question is, what is a weird combination? To me everything on the list is standard. And Jeep tried to standardize it even more by forcing you to buy this with that. Example, if you want 8.4” screen you have to get the entire upgraded souns system as “standard.” If that makes any sense. I don’t know. Im just guessing like everyone else and staring at a growing pile of JL parts waiting for a home.
Yea, but for example, how many snazzberrys vice white jeeps get ordered? And 392 snazzberrys vice 2.0L granites?

by saying that jeep tries to enforce standardization, youre kindof giving the presumption credit.

holdfast… you’ll get your jeep, if not, an ebay account 😂

Also, watch some of the production vids… does it seem that the worker ants are applying any brain power or checking some list??? No. Theyre just shoving what gets out infront of them onto the carcass that’s rolling by. That’s why they (jeep) needs to sequence/build a lot of the same thing, and be careful they dont mis-step by putting a manual in a auto order, or have a manual tran lined up for a 2.0L. It’s all about sequencing.

imagine if they made a mistake. And that one mistake made the 200 other units after with mistakes. Thats a lot of lost time, material, and money, plus the correction effort.

now consider the crazies outside the plant banging on the door ‘where’s my jeep?!??!!’…. Maddening!

Advertisement

jjstelly

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
204 Jeep Wrangler, 2015 Chevy 2500 HD, 2016 Toyota
Well finally got some news today from my dealer, Jeep is on the rail car no ETA. Hope its not on the slow train to Florida with stops in NY with a stop in CA. Ordered 25 May

Ljbdmcb3

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass & order placed for 2021 Jeep Wra
First time poster. Please be gentle.

Ordered 4dr Wrangler Sport Altitude 16th July’21.

Was advised by Jeep Chat yesterday that all parts found and that build should be starting soon.

Is their a typical length of time for it to move to the next stage or is it more of a cross your fingers and hope for the best situation ?

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed

Was advised by Jeep Chat yesterday that all parts found and that build should be starting soon.

Is their a typical length of time for it to move to the next stage or is it more of a cross your fingers and hope for the best situation ?
It appears there is no rhyme or reason. You could have it in a month or be waiting five or six months.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
So does dealer allocation come into play at all? I ordered a Hydro blue 4xE on 7/24. Got a vin 7/26. Trying to be patient and not ask the dealer yet. I have my fingers crossed though because they had several 4XEs allocated for Aug/September and they said they were just switching in mine.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Yea, but for example, how many snazzberrys vice white jeeps get ordered? And 392 snazzberrys vice 2.0L granites?

by saying that jeep tries to enforce standardization, youre kindof giving the presumption credit.

holdfast… you’ll get your jeep, if not, an ebay account 😂

Also, watch some of the production vids… does it seem that the worker ants are applying any brain power or checking some list??? No. Theyre just shoving what gets out infront of them onto the carcass that’s rolling by. That’s why they (jeep) needs to sequence/build a lot of the same thing, and be careful they dont mis-step by putting a manual in a auto order, or have a manual tran lined up for a 2.0L. It’s all about sequencing.

imagine if they made a mistake. And that one mistake made the 200 other units after with mistakes. Thats a lot of lost time, material, and money, plus the correction effort.

now consider the crazies outside the plant banging on the door ‘where’s my jeep?!??!!’…. Maddening!
Like any politician (me not you)- “Your post seems to support my theory.” Jeep has it down so there is no such thing as a weird configuration. Clearly the workers are bot putting much thought into what they are doing. At least on the assembly line. Someone somewhere is getting the proper parts lined up in the proper order. But whatever that order is, the workers just bolt them together.

My point is, if the is a weird configuration, what is it? Did I order it?

Sponsored

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Like any politician (me not you)- “Your post seems to support my theory.” Jeep has it down so there is no such thing as a weird configuration. Clearly the workers are bot putting much thought into what they are doing. At least on the assembly line. Someone somewhere is getting the proper parts lined up in the proper order. But whatever that order is, the workers just bolt them together.

My point is, if the is a weird configuration, what is it? Did I order it?
No way to know, because your fate is tied to others, and the said coordinator/planner. 😞

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Do you think they have humans doing all this coordination/planning? Or mostly algorithms?
Humans. Too much too balance, and requires wrist-flicking decision making.

garbage in, garbage out.

BDoerr54

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4Xe, 2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-e

I ordered my 4Xe on 6/28 and I'm stuck in the same phase as you.

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike
Ordered our Rubicon on 7/28/21 received a vin # on 8/2/21
I Ordered a Rubicon with the Recon package on 8/3/21...was gonna reach out to the dealer late next week just in case there is an update to be had.

Any other future Recon owners here?

Advertisement

Advertisement