JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
An equivalent model was ordered at some point, possibly just a plain dealer/lot order, or the buyer canceled. It's probably just sitting in the parking lot and they can change a handful of add-on items and ship it.
what did you order?

Advertisement

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Good news and bad news. Things are being built, but instead of working through the backlog in order it seems they've opted for the approach of building whatever is fastest:

percentiles-request-to-build.png
Id like to see a graph of what they are actually pumping out JL Sport / Willys / Sahara / Rubicon / JLU Sport / Willys / Sahara / Rubicon / 4Xe

EDIT

Although to be useful, we’d also need to know how many of each were actually ordered. If 50% of all completed orders are 4Xe is that because they are trying to pump those out before other Wranglers or because 50% of all their orders are 4Xes?

canc1978

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Willy
Id like to see a graph of what they are actually pumping out JL Sport / Willys / Sahara / Rubicon / JLU Sport / Willys / Sahara / Rubicon / 4Xe

EDIT

Although to be useful, we’d also need to know how many of each were actually ordered. If 50% of all completed orders are 4Xe is that because they are trying to pump those out before other Wranglers or because 50% of all their orders are 4Xes?

well my 4xe is on week 6 of D status so they ain't pumpin out that fast. :)

chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
From what Ive read and videos Ive watch I think it only takes about four days to build a jeep once they start. Plus, if they have everything they need they can pump out about 600 per day. Finally, seems like nothing happens and there is no news and the all of a sudden it is built and sheets and stickers are generated and it is shipped. Dont give up hope.
so the dealership just told us it's in paint, but won't bee here till aug 16th at the earliest.

GordyJr

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Rubicon
I know my Gecko Rubicon is in status JB as of this morning. Nothing shows for me in Cryptostickers...build sheet is not found and, understandably, the sticker is not found. when does the build sheet show as found?

Sponsored

GordyJr

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Rubicon
and, PS to the above....what is the role of the body vendors (JB)...? what things do they put on our wranglers...? Just curious.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
so the dealership just told us it's in paint, but won't bee here till aug 16th at the earliest.
Sounds reasonable to me. 11 days to get painted, have interior and all accessories installed, inspected, loaded up and transported to your dealer.

Wish my dealer had told me the same today. Congratulations. 👍🏻

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Good news and bad news. Things are being built, but instead of working through the backlog in order it seems they've opted for the approach of building whatever is fastest:

😂

you know how we were deducing that scheduling was a function of parts availability and some magical universal constant…

now im thinking this really all comes down to sequencing and commonality in builds.

So if someone orders some weird combination of codes, theyve got to wait for parts, and the magic number of other similar builds before jeep pushes the ‘go’ button. If an order is cancelled, then that lot of similar builds gets regressed.

Chaos9519

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Ecodiesel

Thanks for the charts! Can you clarify what the colors indicate? p20-p95?

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
For tracking: Rubi Unlimited w/Tow Package and 3 Piece Hardtop

6/26 Ordered
6/28 VIN
7/26 D1
8/4 KZ (built, inspected, and released from factory)
8/4 Build sheet posted to CryptoStickers
got my window sticker yesterday as well.

5/24 Ordered
7/23 Build Sheet
8/4 Window Sticker

JLUR 4xe GG, one touch

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
😂

you know how we were deducing that scheduling was a function of parts availability and some magical universal constant…

now im thinking this really all comes down to sequencing and commonality in builds.

So if someone orders some weird combination of codes, theyve got to wait for parts, and the magic number of other similar builds before jeep pushes the ‘go’ button. If an order is cancelled, then that lot of similar builds gets regressed.
Mmmmm maybe. But my question is, what is a weird combination? To me everything on the list is standard. And Jeep tried to standardize it even more by forcing you to buy this with that. Example, if you want 8.4” screen you have to get the entire upgraded souns system as “standard.” If that makes any sense. I don’t know. Im just guessing like everyone else and staring at a growing pile of JL parts waiting for a home.

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
another day, another email from Cryptosticker, that little elf has been going email crazy.

5/21 Ordered
8/4 build sheet.
8/5 window sticker.

JLUR
Sarge Green
SOT
GG
Off-road Camera
Rock-Trac Full time
Both safeties
Engine block heater
Cold weather
Trailer Tow

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
Getting updates from the dealer - mine was in Trim yesterday, still nothing on Cryptostickers, but I've had the Canadian window sticker since D status, ages ago.

Estimated ship date is Monday... let's hope!

(ordered April 1)
Good luck.

Reactions: BH6

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR

It's very reasonable to think a company would utilize sequencing and commonality to optimize manufacturing efficiency. Transport logistics may also play a role. If a rail car or truck can hold 5 vehicles (to the same destination), why build 4 vehicles then make them sit in storage and wait for that 5th order?

Putting all these different optimization strategy together, we see, at least from outside in, an opaque and seemingly maddening chaos of a process. Sigh.

I know @nomographer has done some analysis based on the options ordered. I'm wondering if it's possible - if we even have useful data - to also incorporate shipping destination (dealer zip code for example) into an analysis.

Advertisement

Advertisement