Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Bags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2D
Can they only put so many items on abuild sheet?

Good news today, contacted the dealership and they said my Jeep was in transit to the Toledo railyard for shipping, Cryptostickers also emailed me saying my build sheet had been found. No expected arrival date yet, but I'm hoping next week, but who knows how long the train will take, could be another few weeks.

https://cryptostickers.net/?vin=1C4HJXCN1MW812233
Something interesting I notice with your build sheet, versus mine I just received yesterday. Mine shows the Dana size of the front and rear axles on mine, but not yours. We both have Rubicon’s?
Can they only fit so much information on a sheet?

https://cryptostickers.net/?vin=1C4HJXCG2MW786050

Advertisement

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Don't get me wrong, I know I have nothing to complain about, especially compared to others here. And, I love my current Jeep so it's not like I'm riding a bike or have an old Ford Pinto. I was just hoping to be one of the lucky ones with an inexplicably quick build and delivery. Now, back to my meditation and slow breathing...

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vins are public information anyways, same thing you use to get a Carfax, ect. I'm not terribly worried about it.
They are in the sense that a manufactured, sellable vehicle has a VIN on a sticker that anyone can see, and they're certainly visible for every car out in public. They're not really consecutive though, so you can't just guess one and get a matching make/model. Before they're stickered, though, ... I guess I should try to call up JC and cancel by VIN. :bandit: (They usually check name/address so it should be fine.)

I intrinsically trust people, but don't explicitly trust them. I guess if new Jeep shows up on the lot with an accident report against those VINs, we'll know someone used them to hide an accident against a different vin. :angry:

ps But yeah I don't know what I'm talking about so feel free to ignore me and go back to pestering the Jeep Chat people. ;)

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
They are in the sense that a manufactured, sellable vehicle has a VIN on a sticker that anyone can see, and they're certainly visible for every car out in public. They're not really consecutive though, so you can't just guess one and get a matching make/model. Before they're stickered, though, ... I guess I should try to call up JC and cancel by VIN. :bandit: (They usually check name/address so it should be fine.)

I intrinsically trust people, but don't explicitly trust them. I guess if new Jeep shows up on the lot with an accident report against those VINs, we'll know someone used them to hide an accident against a different vin. :angry:

ps But yeah I don't know what I'm talking about so feel free to ignore me and go back to pestering the Jeep Chat people. ;)
I don't see any way people could do that. The supposed car in an accident already has a VIN that's known by the insurer as well as the DOT. Let's say it's not insured, it still had to have been at one point or it wouldn't have left the Lot. The odds that they would be able to pull a practically new VIN from here with a Jeep that has the exact same color, equipment and options, build date model and year are impossible.

chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
Day 43 for us, ordered 6/22, still in D status.
I've given up on being one of the lucky ones.
It stings to see Sahara's ordered after ours showing up on cryptostickers.
But, I do celebrate a little when anyone posts a picture of their delivery!
And honestly, I'm going to feel a little guilty if my jeep shows up before jeepgirl59's. :CWL:

#DstatusLife :jk:
Ordered ours 5/28, still in D

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I ordered mine 79 days before Christmas. Because it went into D1-to-D regress, additional equipment was delayed over the week of Thanksgiving, then, because of that delay, it got stuck in the last few days of Christmas shipping mess. It ended up being a New Year present, 82 days, which is in the slowest 10% of current builds. And I didn't even get a duck (nor have I been ducked).

I fully sympathize with the pains of waiting, especially with the current supply chain issues. :crying: It's a lot of money, a big change for a lot of people --- I was coming from a 1994 YJ --- but indeed it's not Amazon/Walmart/Target for shipping/tracking. I would just ask that people be considerate of the poor Jeep Chat people. It sounds like they're overloaded and checking 77 times a week won't make it go faster.

It's worth the wait. :involve:

Call up your dealer and tell them you want a daily test drive so you can stay excited and not retract your order. :idea:

Or do the boring thing that I did and read the entire user manual twice.
Ive limited my contact with JC to once per week.

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
I have as well...talking to them just makes me angry so I try not to do it too much
I WAS going to alternate, call JC one week, dealer the next and back to JC etc. But so far my salesman has NOT responded to any of my emails. Good deal, easy deal but Im a bit disappointed with after action contact.

chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
I WAS going to alternate, call JC one week, dealer the next and back to JC etc. But so far my salesman has NOT responded to any of my emails. Good deal, easy deal but Im a bit disappointed with after action contact.
We are too. The dealer gave us an estimated ship date of 8/11, but it hasn't even begun building yet so not confident in it.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
We are too. The dealer gave us an estimated ship date of 8/11, but it hasn't even begun building yet so not confident in it.
From what Ive read and videos Ive watch I think it only takes about four days to build a jeep once they start. Plus, if they have everything they need they can pump out about 600 per day. Finally, seems like nothing happens and there is no news and the all of a sudden it is built and sheets and stickers are generated and it is shipped. Dont give up hope.

Advertisement

Advertisement