First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
Yippee! 🎉 got a call from my dealer this evening. My JLUR is at the dealership ready for me to pick up in the morning. Ordered June 1, built in 23 days shipping took 33 days from Ohio to North Carolina. Now the fun begins Just Empty Every Pocket.

Advertisement

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did you ever determine what happened there?
Nope. It was during the early 2020 COVID mess, so I chalked it up to supplier issues. If you care to check out the build sheet:

https://cryptostickers.net/default?nick=matchesthecollar

It's had a long standing transmission issue that two dealers couldn't figure out over four visits, so Jeep offered me a CDI discount, and with trade in values being astronomical, I decided to just swap it out for a new one rather than go through the prolonged "wait until it starts throwing a code" waiting game.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So I'm now closing in on 70 days since order and I'm still being told by Jeep chat "the parts are being scheduled." How have people had success escalating in the past? I've asked for more info or an updated timeline and I'm just getting some variation of "this order is within accepted timeframes for an order" as a response.
Yes.

I ordered last March (3rd IIRC) and didn't get my Jeep until 7/9/20. I ordered about a week and a half before COVID shut the plant down. After they opened back up, a ton of orders placed after mine went through.

I was using Jeep chat to check my status (D1->D, and then back again -- as noted earlier, my build sheet noted 'D1 to D Regress' and 'D to D1 Forward') and they noticed on their own that it had been a very long time, so they initiated an escalation without being asked. I was patient the whole time because COVID, they elected to escalate it themselves.

From there, the rest of the process took about two weeks and it also notes "Vehicle Order Tracking" on the same build sheet, which I'm assuming is related to the escalation as I've not seen it anywhere else.

I don't know what they did, or whether it was coincidence, but it certainly bumped through after they escalated it. I'm kinda bummed to be going through it all again.

JDOLVIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I will be ordering a custom build in a few days. What options seem to be delaying the builds?

Sponsored

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
I asked my dealer for any recent updates he has received on 4xe orders, and I thought you guys would find the information useful.

Ordered 6/18. Ship 7/31
Ordered 6/21. Ship 8/3
Ordered 6/23. Ship 8/5
These are all 4xe’s

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
I will be ordering a custom build in a few days. What options seem to be delaying the builds?
Can't say for sure what may be causing delays, but the following didn't cause a delay in my case. JLUR Diesel ordered June 1 status kz-s on June 24.
Sarge green
Dark Saddle / Black Leather interior
Cold Weather Group
Trailer Tow Package
LED Lighting
8.4 inch Radio & Premium Audio
Safety Group
Advanced Safety Group
Hardtop Headliner
Stainless Door Sill Guards
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Body Color 3 Piece Hardtop
Body Color Fender Flares
Hinge Gate Reinforcement
Integrated Off-Road Camera

Over half of my delivery 8 weeks was shipping. Hope this helps.
Good luck with your order, I'm picking mine up this morning. 🤗

crvella

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Track your JL Wrangler by window sticker and build sheet lookup! Credit goes to JLWF moderator Yakpimp for this great tool.

How to use: Click “TRACK NEW” below and enter your info. Once your window sticker or build sheet becomes available, you'll receive an email with a link to view it! The other options are all pretty self-explanatory so feel free to play around and see all the cool info and stats!

hiya! I’m in Australia and I ordered Wrangler Rubicon 4 door (penta) around 13th March this year (2021).

when I put in the VIN anddate I placed the order with the dealer it comes back as NOT FOUND. It strikes me as odd since it was ordered over 4 months ago.
Do you have to get the order date correct on this? As I’m not sure of the date which the dealer placed the physical order with Jeep, and I’m wondering if this is why the order cannot be found.

thanks so much! Very excited to be getting the wrangler.

Aubie4Pres

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko 4xe Rubicon
So I'm now closing in on 70 days since order and I'm still being told by Jeep chat "the parts are being scheduled." How have people had success escalating in the past? I've asked for more info or an updated timeline and I'm just getting some variation of "this order is within accepted timeframes for an order" as a response.
I ordered 5/24 and had a VIN the next day. Still D as of last Friday. I asked Jeep Chat to escalate and they did. May depend on CSR you get in the chat. I would keep trying.

Sponsored

lkcraig

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Unlimited Sahara, 2021 4xe High Altitude
Well my sticker generated 7/24 and yesterday I talked to my dealer. He stated that it is currently in shipping and it will arrive by truck, with no rail transfer to the dealership. I’m in central Illinois and I’m wondering approx how long until it gets to the dealership. He stated he didn’t have an ETA. He said they just show up a lot of the time without getting an ETA from the factory. Does anyone know how long they were in shipping with their Jeep until it arrived via truck?

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Well my sticker generated 7/24 and yesterday I talked to my dealer. He stated that it is currently in shipping and it will arrive by truck, with no rail transfer to the dealership. I’m in central Illinois and I’m wondering approx how long until it gets to the dealership. He stated he didn’t have an ETA. He said they just show up a lot of the time without getting an ETA from the factory. Does anyone know how long they were in shipping with their Jeep until it arrived via truck?
I have a window for ship date. 7-27 - 8-5

How did you get your window sticker?

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Well tomorrow will be four weeks for me. I have seen several folks get solid updates in the 3-4 week range where they are even given a predicted build date.

I really want to call JC but Im afraid Ill get the same “congratulations! We are gathering parts.”

or worse, “we have run out of red tow hooks and Rubicon production has been halted until we can find a new supplier. You should have ordered a 4Xe. We have plenty of blue tow hooks. “

Advertisement

Advertisement