First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
They’ve been gathering parts for my Jeep for four weeks. My JL is a base model with air conditioning. I got a feeling it’s their way of stalling.
If your base model is held up you and I both, as well as everyone else in the “gathering parts” stage might all be waiting for the same 7mm bolt Christmas tree fastener or decal or hose clamp or some other obscure knob switch or fobble. 😂

Advertisement

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
I ordered my Willys Sport with AC on 4/22 and neither my VIN nor build is found on this tracker, but my dealer is showing it with D status, even though 2 weeks ago it was in D1 status.
You have been waiting even longer than I have (ordered 4/27)! Have you contacted Jeep chat and asked to escalate the case for more information? What does your dealer say? I hope it moves along more quickly for you soon!

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2 door Sport
If your base model is held up you and I both, as well as everyone else in the “gathering parts” stage might all be waiting for the same 7mm bolt Christmas tree fastener or decal or hose clamp or some other obscure knob switch or fobble. 😂
I don’t get it. In 1986 my old AMC Jeep dealership had ten CJ7s in stock. Everything from the base to the Larado. I drove out in a Renegade. The big dealership here has two or three and upwards of $55k and no two doors models.

GreggM

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, BMW X5M, 1965 Shelby Cobra, MB GLA 250
Ordered my new JL on June 25 and just got my VIN. I
ordered the Ecodiesl and wondered if this has any impact on delivery? The Stats chart on delivery only has the 2.0 and 3.6 delivery days. Anyone have info on the 3.0?

will the 3.0 be added to the Stats?

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
So this morning, I finally received my window sticker, however not sure if that is good news or not considering the MSRP is reflecting the price increase that took place several months back. Mind you, I ordered my unit 4 weeks prior to announcement of that increase. The increase is exactly $1810.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
So this morning, I finally received my window sticker, however not sure if that is good news or not considering the MSRP is reflecting the price increase that took place several months back. Mind you, I ordered my unit 4 weeks prior to announcement of that increase. The increase is exactly $1810.
I had a signed sales price that was agreed upon when I ordered mine. Price increases after the order goes in shouldn't affect the price of the vehicle you ordered. Did you have anything like that with the dealer when they submitted your order? Maybe that's good news for you if you have a signed, agreed upon price. This just means you've got more equity in your vehicle. That's the way I take it. Glass is half full over here. :)

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
I do too hope the paperwork is valid.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I had a signed sales price that was agreed upon when I ordered mine. Price increases after the order goes in shouldn't affect the price of the vehicle you ordered. Did you have anything like that with the dealer when they submitted your order? Maybe that's good news for you if you have a signed, agreed upon price. This just means you've got more equity in your vehicle. That's the way I take it. Glass is half full over here. :)
Got an email from the dealership this morning price was locked in on 04/14 as we have a signed agreement in place. Wow, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
I don’t get it. In 1986 my old AMC Jeep dealership had ten CJ7s in stock. Everything from the base to the Larado. I drove out in a Renegade. The big dealership here has two or three and upwards of $55k and no two doors models.
I think the supply chain is still suffering from COVID. Some places shit down completely then everyone with a sniffle took two weeks off which also slowed production. Its going to be a while before all the sub-contractors are fully functional again. But thats just my guess.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I think the supply chain is still suffering from COVID. Some places shit down completely then everyone with a sniffle took two weeks off which also slowed production. Its going to be a while before all the sub-contractors are fully functional again. But thats just my guess.
I think Jeep is funneling all, or most of the chips they get to their highest selling models/trims. That may account for some of it as well. I know the Wrangler Unlimited is getting its share of chips, to the detriment of the rest of the Jeep lineup.

Edit: However, I just read an article from Jul 12 that said Toledo has not been affected by the chip shortage. They assemble all Wranglers there, so maybe that shoots my notion of chip issues down.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
I think Jeep is funneling all, or most of the chips they get to their highest selling models/trims. That may account for some of it as well. I know the Wrangler Unlimited is getting its share of chips, to the detriment of the rest of the Jeep lineup.

Edit: However, I just read an article from Jul 12 that said Toledo has not been affected by the chip shortage. They assemble all Wranglers there, so maybe that shoots my notion of chip issues down.
I also heard that they give ordered vehicles priority over ones they are just going to put on the lot.
That makes sense to me. A baker would for sure bake a cake the is already sold before he baked one to put on the counter and hope to sell. Right?

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2 door Sport

I read the same article. These days what news your read isn’t factual. Pack of lies to confuse the public.

Advertisement

Advertisement