Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
That sounds strange to me. If its there and ready to go, why can't you just sign the paperwork onsite? Call your insurance company when you get there and add the vehicle to your policy. They will send the paperwork to the dealership via fax or email. Write your check and go...

People walk into dealerships and buy/lease new cars same day all the time. This sounds fishy.
Thanks. We are in MA and they are also telling me it will take time to get plates. Does that sound right? I haven’t bought a vehicle in a very long time.

Advertisement

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Thanks. We are in MA and they are also telling me it will take time to get plates. Does that sound right? I haven’t bought a vehicle in a very long time.
No, that doesn't sound right. Is the dealership in MA also? Are you leasing or buying? Not that it should matter since YOU'RE the one who will be registering and keeping up with that with your state. You always see cars driving around with temporary tags while you're waiting for the new plates to be sent to you. In MA you can even transfer the plates from your current vehicle to a new one:

Apply for a registration and title for a vehicle purchased from a dealer | Mass.gov

The Massachusetts RMV allows you to transfer plates from your old car to your new car as long as:
The transfer fee is $25, plus any other relevant fees and taxes.

You must surrender your plates to the MA RMV if you move to another state. To surrender your plates you can:

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
No, that doesn't sound right. Is the dealership in MA also? Are you leasing or buying? Not that it should matter since YOU'RE the one who will be registering and keeping up with that with your state. You always see cars driving around with temporary tags while you're waiting for the new plates to be sent to you. In MA you can even transfer the plates from your current vehicle to a new one:

Apply for a registration and title for a vehicle purchased from a dealer | Mass.gov

The Massachusetts RMV allows you to transfer plates from your old car to your new car as long as:
The transfer fee is $25, plus any other relevant fees and taxes.

You must surrender your plates to the MA RMV if you move to another state. To surrender your plates you can:

Dealer is also in MA. I know that MA does not allow temporary plates. I wanted to get MA EV plates but dealer says they can’t get those and I will need to swap the plates out anyway to get EV plates myself later.
I am not trading in a vehicle, will be selling privately once I get a new vehicle so I don’t want to transfer the plates unless it could just be temporary. Buying not leasing. Thanks for the help! Really at wits end here and thinking of just giving up on this vehicle. The dealership is about an hour away so not bad but not right in town either. Maybe they regret the deal they gave me and want to sell to someone else?

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Dealer is also in MA. I know that MA does not allow temporary plates. I wanted to get MA EV plates but dealer says they can’t get those and I will need to swap the plates out anyway to get EV plates myself later.
I am not trading in a vehicle, will be selling privately once I get a new vehicle so I don’t want to transfer the plates unless it could just be temporary. Buying not leasing. Thanks for the help! Really at wits end here and thinking of just giving up on this vehicle. The dealership is about an hour away so not bad but not right in town either. Maybe they regret the deal they gave me and want to sell to someone else?
Have you tried talking to the sales manager directly to ask him what's going on? Tell him you're just going to come up there this weeekend to get it and they'd better have it ready. There's no excuse for them to have it for 2 weeks and not have it ready for you by now. Maybe someone else here can chime in, but I wonder if this is something that @JeepCares can get involved with to help you resolve? If you have the VON & VIN to show you ordered that Jeep, then it should be yours to buy and pick up.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I think it's an MA thing. Without temporary plates it can't leave the lot, and if there are no temporary plates allowed... At the least they'll want the money for the registration. As to the remainder of the money who knows. I suspect you're hitting state law (and a dealer that isn't being overly helpful).

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
And not to be a jerk, but if you ordered a 4xe when did they even start making them? I mean it's grand to say that it's been a 100 day wait, but if the first 50dy were preordering then it doesn't seem representative. We saw this at the start of the 392: Of course it was going to take three months because the first 50dy they were tooling not building.

I've seen someone here has graphs of this stuff. Maybe they'll be nice enough to answer this question for us sometime when they're not asleep or busy. :tumbleweed:

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I think it's an MA thing. Without temporary plates it can't leave the lot, and if there are no temporary plates allowed... At the least they'll want the money for the registration. As to the remainder of the money who knows. I suspect you're hitting state law (and a dealer that isn't being overly helpful).
The dealer doesn't pay the registration (I've never heard of that), the person who is registering the vehicle does. Also, you're allowed to transfer your plates in MA so that makes no sense. She can transfer her plates until she gets new ones. There's no reason the new Jeep should be sitting at the dealer awaiting pickup for 2 weeks unless it's broken. There's a 4xe here at my local dealership that won't start and they've called in for help because they don't know what to do with it.

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
And not to be a jerk, but if you ordered a 4xe when did they even start making them? I mean it's grand to say that it's been a 100 day wait, but if the first 50dy were preordering then it doesn't seem representative. We saw this at the start of the 392: Of course it was going to take three months because the first 50dy they were tooling not building.

I've seen someone here has graphs of this stuff. Maybe they'll be nice enough to answer this question for us sometime when they're not asleep or busy. :tumbleweed:
I ordered 4/27 and I saw one on a dealer lot prior to the order so they were definitely being made. The never claimed to have waited 100 days. It has only been 78.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The dealer doesn't pay the registration (I've never heard of that), the person who is registering the vehicle does. Also, you're allowed to transfer your plates in MA so that makes no sense. She can transfer her plates until she gets new ones. There's no reason the new Jeep should be sitting at the dealer awaiting pickup for 2 weeks unless it's broken. There's a 4xe here at my local dealership that won't start and they've called in for help because they don't know what to do with it.
Yeah, that works if you're selling an existing vehicle, but for new owners and no-trade-in? :crying:

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
They are still gathering parts to build my jeep. 😡

But! My aftermarket bumpers and sliders have shipped. 😁

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2 door Sport
They are still gathering parts to build my jeep. 😡

But! My aftermarket bumpers and sliders have shipped. 😁
They’ve been gathering parts for my Jeep for four weeks. My JL is a base model with air conditioning. I got a feeling it’s their way of stalling.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I ordered 4/27 and I saw one on a dealer lot prior to the order so they were definitely being made. The never claimed to have waited 100 days. It has only been 78.
I saw a few in the last couple pages so I didn't mean you specifically; thank you for not running me over with a bulldozer. :bandit:

I took a look and they've been building 4xe and 392 longer than I remember. Indeed, I stand corrected, or at least fully asleep when I posted before, because they've been posting build sheets for those for at least 70 days.

Last graph of models shows the 392 was (57 days behind as of 28 days ago), and (27 days behind as of 1 day ago), so they're working on catching up. The "Rubicon 4xe Sport" fell behind by a week, so it looks like they mostly stopped on those for some reason, but the plain Rubicon Unlimited as well. Meanwhile the "Sahara 4xe Sport" and "Sahara Unlimited" got ahead.

There have been a few updates this week; most of them look to be rather-delayed builds at a glance, so the orders from the past 30 days are not being done this week, but someone is typing in data / pressing a button for more distant requests to post their build sheets. Obviously only half a dozen per day.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

The wife and I are picking ours up from Gupton this weekend too.
I'll be there first thing Saturday AM. If you see me picking up my Hydro Blue Sahara, walk over and say hi!

Erranickus

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 TJ (sold), '21 JL Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF Retired
They’ve been gathering parts for my Jeep for four weeks. My JL is a base model with air conditioning. I got a feeling it’s their way of stalling.
I ordered my Willys Sport with AC on 4/22 and neither my VIN nor build is found on this tracker, but my dealer is showing it with D status, even though 2 weeks ago it was in D1 status.

Advertisement

Advertisement