First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
Keep the faith, it will be worth it and you'll be very happy with what you ordered. Once they get the factory back up to speed, hopefully you'll hear something very soon. I feel for ya. If you don't get any movement next week you really need to put pressure on your salesman to find some answers for you.
What happened with the factory? Has it been shut down or something?

Dave_O

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport Unlimited [on order]
Nothing worrisome, scheduled maintenance. It was planned.
Maybe it's because I live near the old GM Lordstown plant (now Lordstown Motors), but any shutdown seems worrisome to me. Our local economy relied heavily on those jobs and we were lied to repeatedly about ongoing operations at Lordstown by both companies. Rust Belt trust issues I guess. To me, a 1 week planned shutdown seems like a good distraction to figure out if you really have enough chips to keep going with production. I hope that isn't the case, but I wouldn't be surprised that a car company wasn't completely straight forward.

JL2000

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jetta, 1986 Pulsar NX, 1987 Corvette, 2021 JL
Maybe it's because I live near the old GM Lordstown plant (now Lordstown Motors), but any shutdown seems worrisome to me. Our local economy relied heavily on those jobs and we were lied to repeatedly about ongoing operations at Lordstown by both companies. Rust Belt trust issues I guess. To me, a 1 week planned shutdown seems like a good distraction to figure out if you really have enough chips to keep going with production. I hope that isn't the case, but I wouldn't be surprised that a car company wasn't completely straight forward.
Its pretty typical for American manufacturers to take a week shut down a year, usually a lot of companies do it 4th of July week. I wouldnā€™t be too worried...yet lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Ha!
When I hear gathering or waiting for or collecting parts I have this vision of a receptionist waiting for and signing for parts from UPS, FedEx and the mail man.

Her phone beeps and she gets a message, ā€œYour axle is ten stops away. Click HERE to track your package.ā€
Or the dreaded ā€œyour delivery had been rescheduled forā€¦ā€

this would explain the shutdown for ā€˜standard maintenanceā€™ šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
Update:
4xe Rubicon
Granite Crystal
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical
Safety
Steel bumpers
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Premium Black Sunrider
Ordered 4/27
Build Sheet 6/2
Escalated 6/16
Window Sticker 6/20
Arrived at dealer 7/2
Still trying to get the vehicle from the dealer as of 7/14.
Question - does everyone have to make two visits to the dealer? Once to sign paperwork and once to pick up? My dealer ā€œovernightedā€ my paperwork to me two days ago and it still isnā€™t here. They want me to mail back the paperwork and check and then she is telling me it will still be a while before they can get the insurance and get it registered. Is this normal dealer behavior?

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Update:
4xe Rubicon
Granite Crystal
Cold Weather
Safety
Steel bumpers
Premium Black Sunrider
Ordered 4/27
Build Sheet 6/2
Escalated 6/16
Window Sticker 6/20
Arrived at dealer 7/2
Question - does everyone have to make two visits to the dealer? Once to sign paperwork and once to pick up? My dealer ā€œovernightedā€ my paperwork to me two days ago and it still isnā€™t here. They want me to mail back the paperwork and check and then she is telling me it will still be a while before they can get the insurance and get it registered. Is this normal dealer behavior?
That sounds strange to me. If its there and ready to go, why can't you just sign the paperwork onsite? Call your insurance company when you get there and add the vehicle to your policy. They will send the paperwork to the dealership via fax or email. Write your check and go...

People walk into dealerships and buy/lease new cars same day all the time. This sounds fishy.

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
Update:
4xe Rubicon
Granite Crystal
Cold Weather
Safety
Steel bumpers
Premium Black Sunrider
Ordered 4/27
Build Sheet 6/2
Escalated 6/16
Window Sticker 6/20
Arrived at dealer 7/2
If this were true, how does anyone buy a car.... ever? Do you not walk out same day any time you don't special order?

Advertisement

Advertisement