JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Dave_O

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport Unlimited [on order]
Anybody know if manual transmissions take longer to build? If you have recently ordered a manual transmission please input!
It seems like manual transmission builds take a little longer. Ordered mine 5/15. Got my build sheet today. D1 status since 6/19.

Advertisement

Monsjeep

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler sport JLU
I ordered my JLU Sahara Altitude the same day. :) It is currently still in D. Hopefully after the week down at Toledo things will ramp back up a bit.
Hope we’re all pleasantly surprised with updates!!

Monsjeep

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler sport JLU
I leased my Jeep and all details of the lease were agreed on when I ordered. When I was presented with the paperwork the payment was $60 higher and the residual value was increased from 59% to 64%. The increase in residual should lower the payment, so the only thing I could figure was that they jacked up the money factor. Another detail was the acquisition fee had increased from $595 to $1,195. There were lots of reasons given for the changes, and long explanations on how the financing works. I politely told them I wanted the deal originally agreed on or I was walking. It took about an hour, a visit from the sales manager, the finance manager, but finally got back to where we had previously agreed. I guess after waiting two months for delivery they figured I would just sign anything.
glad you held your ground and they lived up to their end of the deal.
I have a funny feeling mine will attempt to do the same thing 😨

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Copy/paste of my most recent post from the Gorilla Glass thread in the event that it helps anyone:

Checked in with JeepChat this AM (was curious if anything would change over the weekend) and am now back in Scheduling. On 7/8 I was told "materials have been received and the build will start soon." Regressed over the weekend somehow.

Inquired about escalating the build. This was the answer from Rebecca: "Thank you for holding I am showing that your vehicle is affected by the chip shortage. " I asked if there is an indication as to how long it will be before my Jeep is built, and she told me "The only information that we have at this time is the plant will be down this week." I then asked if there was any information regarding Gorilla Glass and production, and she said "At this time we have no information on the Gorilla Glass."

So there we have it: Confirmation that, if nothing else, don't expect anything to move forward until next week.
Based on your post, I just checked and same thing here - status seemed to regress from build stage to 'parts required are being scheduled'.
I asked about the plant shutdown and the answer was that it was 'previously scheduled for shutdown the week of the 12th for general maintenance'.
I ordered 6.18, Rubicon 4xe. I did not order Gorilla Glass [because I saw this thread].

dookiehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2021 2 door Rubicon
Ordered: 6/5
VIN: ???
D1 Status: 6/18
Expected Ship Date: 7/8

Really hoping to get this by mid-July (however unreasonable that may be). This is my first Jeep and the excitement is killing me!
Build Sheet and Window Sticker: 7/12
Delivery Window (per Jeep Chat): 7/14 - 7/28

Should be home soon :rock:

Sponsored

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
Is Jeep Chat able to track dealer delivery? Will they know when it actually arrives at the dealer lot via truck? I'd rather bug them than call and email Gupton multiple times this week :CWL:

dpoker52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
The $1195 acquisition fee isn’t the dealer. I just got hit with it too. It’s Chrysler Financial… they forcing this charge now in certain states. Specifically the only state I’ve seen it right now is my state of Michigan. What state are you in?
I'm in Colorado. The dealer ended up reducing the acquisition fee back to the original quote. Maybe they screwed up on the front end, not sure, but because I had a documented quote signed by the dealer listing the acquisition fee at $595 I figured they had to honor it and they did. Maybe they ate the $600 difference to make good on their offer.

Back2jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392, 2017 Rubi Recon, 1979 CJ-7, et. al.
glad you held your ground and they lived up to their end of the deal.
I have a funny feeling mine will attempt to do the same thing 😨
I posted this elsewhere, but We ordered a 392 in December and finally took delivery Friday, the day after it hit the dealer’s lot. We agreed at order to pay MSRP whatever that was going to be since it hadn’t been released yet.

When we started the final paperwork, dealer added a 30k addendum, plus $2500 mandatory “family“ fee that contained useless services. Long story short, after an hour and a conversation with the owner, we ended up just over MSRP. It was ridiculous and cost them a sale, as I was going to order a Grand Wagoneer while we were there.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I posted this elsewhere, but We ordered a 392 in December and finally took delivery Friday, the day after it hit the dealer’s lot. We agreed at order to pay MSRP whatever that was going to be since it hadn’t been released yet.

When we started the final paperwork, dealer added a 30k addendum, plus $2500 mandatory “family“ fee that contained useless services. Long story short, after an hour and a conversation with the owner, we ended up just over MSRP. It was ridiculous and cost them a sale, as I was going to order a Grand Wagoneer while we were there.
Sorry to hear that, though I do applaud you declining to order the Grand Wagoneer. How does the saying go....penny wise pound foolish?

bigcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Black/Black/6speed
More confirmation of shutdown.

My order is a for a soft top manual unlimited sahara.
6/21 - Order Placed
6/28 -VON received from Dealer
7/1 - VIN received via Jeep Chat "The Jeep is in the production stage waiting for all parts to be available so that it can move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I'd recommend contacting back in five to six weeks for a new update check"
7/6 - via Jeep Chat "I recommend that you check back in 1-2 weeks for an update. your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."
7/12 - via Jeep Chat - no change
7/12 - via Jeep Customer Care. "as of 7/10 ready to proceed to the line, have all the parts"

BUT......also from Customer Care today. Toledo assembly is closed this week for general maintenance, NOT due to chip shortage.

I confirmed this week's shutdown via this article published this afternoon 7/12/21. https://news.yahoo.com/chip-shortage-not-affecting-jeep-183200327.html#:~:text=But the shortage has had,chain issues facing our industry."
"The Toledo Assembly Complex that produces the Jeep Wrangler SUV and Gladiator midsize pickup will take previously scheduled downtime this week to perform general maintenance."

No matter when your order was placed, sounds like we're all stuck in the same boat this week!

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Holy $HIT--
Decided to check with Jeep Chat out of the blue-----

Hazel
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your Jeep Wrangler is currently in the trim stage of the build process.
7:19:16 PM
Me
Great can you please expand on what that means?
7:19:44 PM
Hazel
So the trim stage is where they add the parts that make your Jeep a Wrangler.
7:20:26 PM
Me
So it's being built correct?
7:20:56 PM
Hazel
That is correct!

According to Hazel--I'm in--

Build:E – framing
F – paint
G – trim

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
:clap::rock::fingerscrossed: