JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

NickAmalf

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Willys Wrangler
2021 Willys Unlimited Sarge Green 2.0L 8 speed Auto only option is the technology package

Ordered 5/29 its been 38 days, still hasn't entered the factory. All parts gathered since 6/19 (18 days ago) No updates since. It is frustrating knowing that it could take more than another month once it does go into production. Its hard to stay excited, rather than frustrated at this point.

Advertisement

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
Update:
Delivered to dealer 7/2 but they said I can’t pick it up until 7/12! I really need the vehicle for this weekend. ☹

Ordered 4/27
Build Sheet 6/2
Escalated 6/16
Window Sticker 6/20

4xe Rubicon
Granite Crystal
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical
Safety
Steel bumpers
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Premium Black Sunrider

OscarTemplar

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited sport JL
Yep, same, ordered 5/15. Nothing on Crypto. Started out moving fast then sat in "Paint Stage" for 5 weeks. That's usually a 1 day stage. Jeep tells Wednesday I have a new VON, call your dealer. Dealer's ghosting me??
I guess there nothing with can do about it ...just wait

Sponsored

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
Reading your story makes me sad. I hope that our 4xe's get moving soon. It took less time to order and build my 4xe than it's taking to inspect it.
And at the same time there are 4xe’s which were ordered on 5/27 and owners already have them! So frustrating!! I hope you get some info soon!

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Update:
Delivered to dealer 7/2 but they said I can’t pick it up until 7/12! I really need the vehicle for this weekend. ☹

Ordered 4/27
Build Sheet 6/2
Escalated 6/16
Window Sticker 6/20

4xe Rubicon
Granite Crystal
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical
Safety
Steel bumpers
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Premium Black Sunrider

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
More patience than I have. 60+ days waiting and they are going to have it sit on their lot for show 10 more, no way.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
So I just got an update about an hour ago that my Jeep has moved on from its 8 week pending inspection nightmare phase. It was shipped to a vendor for additional parts. I wonder what that could be. Here's my original build:

Attachments

Sponsored

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
Awesome, congratulations!

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
Indeed I did! Just got back home today.

Experience at Gupton was good -- being a Massachusetts resident added a few more logistics that were annoying, but that's not their fault. End of the day, I drove away with a jeep I enjoy at a price I enjoyed :)

Posted pictures over at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/owners-show-off-your-new-4xe.69813/post-1564944. Hope your pickup went well!
Hey Patrick,

I ordered from Gupton as well and I'm from Massachusetts. My plan is to fly into Nashville International Airport from Logan via JetBlue and drive her back (possibly rent a truck and put her on a vehicle trailer).

How did you do it? Any tips?

Thanks,
Rob

pcsquared

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe
I ordered from Gupton as well and I'm from Massachusetts. My plan is to fly into Nashville International Airport from Logan via JetBlue and drive her back (possibly rent a truck and put her on a vehicle trailer).

How did you do it? Any tips?
One thing that will make your life way easier is if you already have a car and you sell it the day before, and use the 7-day transfer law to get your car back to MA. I sold my GTI at Carmax, and the next morning flew to Nashville with my plates and used those to drive on back.

If you don't have plates, that's a whole other thing. I'd ask your insurance agent how to proceed in that case; there is a way for the dealer to send the paperwork to the registry and the registry will send them back plates, but it will take a week, and you've basically gotta transact everything over fedex. Feels weird, but absolutely a thing you can do.

Other things to note:
  1. Massachusetts does not recognize temporary registration plates. As a result, MA insurance companies may not insure a car with temporary plates. This is the source of most of the frustration in all of this.
  2. Your insurance company will likely need a scan of the manufacturer's certificate of origin (MCO), the bill of sale, and the lienholder info. Call them and make sure your insurance co gets this after it's sent - Safety Insurance's spam filter ate the email the first time it was sent and I had to wait another hour for it to come in. You want to wait, because the Registration and Title Application (RTA) requires some info from the dealer in section I (price paid, tax ID, signature)
  3. MA requires front license plates, and staties will absolutely use it as a reason to pull you over if you don’t have one. TN does not have front license plates. If you have a front license plate, let Gupton know so they can get the part and attach it for you. It’s like $20. They gave me a list of dealers with it in stock, and one was on my route. Got it and attached it at a friends house on the way.
I went through Lexington KY then over to Maryland to visit a friend, then from there up 95 to the Merritt parkway, 91 to 84 to 90. Long but enjoyable ride and I got a pretty good sense of how the vehicle handled. It was an enjoyable 1200 miles. Enjoy the Jeep!

Advertisement

Advertisement