Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Rtlo9962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Anyone experiencing shipping issues and a lack of info from their dealer? For context, I ordered a Sahara 4xe in May. Build was completed quickly and the vehicle entered shipping several weeks ago, with an ETA of 6/8-6/22. On 6/15 (13 days ago) I received confirmation from Jeep chat that the vehicle was off the train at the distribution center located an hour from the dealership and was on time. 6/22 came and went with no delivery, and upon my inquiry I was provided with a delayed ETA of 6/16-6/30. Today I speak with Jeep chat again and am again informed the ETA has been pushed back, now to 6/28-7/12. When I ask for more information, I am told to ask the dealer, but the dealer told me they have no information aside from that provided by Jeep. I have seen many posts here where the dealer has provided more detailed shipping information, and Jeep chat told me this would be the case as well. If the vehicle is at the distribution center waiting for a truck, wouldnā€™t it be logical that the dealer would have information on this? Any recommendations?

Advertisement

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Anyone experiencing shipping issues and a lack of info from their dealer? For context, I ordered a Sahara 4xe in May. Build was completed quickly and the vehicle entered shipping several weeks ago, with an ETA of 6/8-6/22. On 6/15 (13 days ago) I received confirmation from Jeep chat that the vehicle was off the train at the distribution center located an hour from the dealership and was on time. 6/22 came and went with no delivery, and upon my inquiry I was provided with a delayed ETA of 6/16-6/30. Today I speak with Jeep chat again and am again informed the ETA has been pushed back, now to 6/28-7/12. When I ask for more information, I am told to ask the dealer, but the dealer told me they have no information aside from that provided by Jeep. I have seen many posts here where the dealer has provided more detailed shipping information, and Jeep chat told me this would be the case as well. If the vehicle is at the distribution center waiting for a truck, wouldnā€™t it be logical that the dealer would have information on this? Any recommendations?
Jeep chat doesn't have access to the same level of info the dealer does once it enters the shipping stage, according to the process guide in this forum.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Lol all of you complaining about ā€œJeffā€. I have Aimee and she responded on 6/7 after I first opened the case. With a long messageā€¦ Iā€™ll include the screenshotā€¦ this Tuesday 6/22 I heard once again from herā€¦ with the second screenshot . šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ™„

6/7
63A100D9-D7A3-44CF-9864-C86E5C469013.jpeg

6/22
97C969F7-462C-4519-AA49-5B88EA8A00FE.jpeg

Glad I got an updateā€¦šŸ˜
LOL...I'm going to preface what I am about to paste by saying this: 04/14/2021 to 06/28/2021.

I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Jeep Wrangler 4xe!

My name is Jeff and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.

At this present time, your vehicle is built pending inspection.
I have reached out to our factory resources to ensure your order is prioritized for production. I hope to have additional news and updates to share with you soon.

I will be following up with you for your order updates as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order. Additional email responses received will be queued and responded to within this time-frame. If you require immediate assistance pertaining to any ordering questions or concerns, we encourage you to speak with your ordering dealership who is your best resource for any ordering questions you may have related to your factory order.

Thank you for your loyalty and weā€™re proud to have you as a member of the Jeep Family!

Sincerely,

Jeff
Jeep Information Center

:angry:

Rtlo9962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Jeep chat doesn't have access to the same level of info the dealer does once it enters the shipping stage, according to the process guide in this forum.
Thatā€™s why I donā€™t understand the dealerā€™s comment. Jeep chat, this guide, and othersā€™ posts sll indicate they would have more info and they basically said they have nothing. I timed the sale of my other vehicle based on the initial ETA and now find myself carless, otherwise the delay/lack of transparency would be less of a problem. The wait continues!

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Thatā€™s why I donā€™t understand the dealerā€™s comment. Jeep chat, this guide, and othersā€™ posts sll indicate they would have more info and they basically said they have nothing. I timed the sale of my other vehicle based on the initial ETA and now find myself carless, otherwise the delay/lack of transparency would be less of a problem. The wait continues!
Believe me, I get you. I am looking at delivery occurring a full month past the initial ETA I was given. I'm in the same boat, carless and borrowing a beater.

But the ETA is the ship date, not the arrival date. I don't know why they do that or why they don't communicate that better. So you're not even "late" by their books. And when you do get late? They'll assign Jeff to copy paste an email with no additional info for you.

It's a shit process, honestly, but it's what you pay to get a vehicle the way you want and hopefully below invoice price. What I've learned is to not plan on anything specifically, and only sell my car after I've bought the new one, through dealer or not.

Sponsored

Rtlo9962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Believe me, I get you. I am looking at delivery occurring a full month past the initial ETA I was given. I'm in the same boat, carless and borrowing a beater.

But the ETA is the ship date, not the arrival date. I don't know why they do that or why they don't communicate that better. So you're not even "late" by their books. And when you do get late? They'll assign Jeff to copy paste an email with no additional info for you.

It's a shit process, honestly, but it's what you pay to get a vehicle the way you want and hopefully below invoice price. What I've learned is to not plan on anything specifically, and only sell my car after I've bought the new one, through dealer or not.
Yeah itā€™s crazy. They actually specifically said that was the dealer arrival ETA though and this was after it shipped. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
LOL...I'm going to preface what I am about to paste by saying this: 04/14/2021 to 06/28/2021.

:angry:
šŸ˜‚ All I can say is hang in there! Sunday, I finally received my window sticker. I reached out to Daniel at Gupton, and he said it was already shipped and estimated 7/9 delivery.

Definitely a frustrating process.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Ordered on the 12th of June, last night the sticker and build sheet generated. I assume it will start being built any time now.

wellheeledbigwheel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
DFW Texas

JLUR
Hellayella
HD Trailer + Aux
All-Weather Mats
Black Hard Top
HD Rock Sliders
Remote Proximity

Order Date 5/24
D1 5/29
VIN provided by JC 5/29
Build Sheet 6/7
Estimated Ship Date 6/8 (this seems to be the actual build date as far as I can tell)
Built and is pending installation of additional equipment 6/9
Window Sticker 6/12
KZS 6/14
KZT 6/21

Picked up from dealer 6/28
Dealer ETA was 8 weeks; actual was 5 weeks from order to pickup

IMG_5282.jpg

Sponsored

NickAmalf

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Willys Wrangler
Ordered 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willy Sarge Green standard soft top, only additional option was the technology package.

Does anyone know if this seems like a long time to actually enter the factory for the wrangler to be built? This is my progress so far according to jeep chat.
5/29 ordered
6/1 vin
6/19 all parts gathered and no movement since then

Scott_B

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti EX37
Ordered 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willy Sarge Green standard soft top, only additional option was the technology package.

Does anyone know if this seems like a long time to actually enter the factory for the wrangler to be built? This is my progress so far according to jeep chat.
5/29 ordered
6/1 vin
6/19 all parts gathered and no movement since then
I ordered a 2 door on 5/27 and same progress. all parts gathered and then nothing. seems like the Willys are slow to build, very frustrating. my last JLU that i ordered took 3 weeks from order to delivery, and i know they told me it takes about 6-8 weeks but i was expecting the same for this one.

NickAmalf

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Willys Wrangler
I ordered a 2 door on 5/27 and same progress. all parts gathered and then nothing. seems like the Willys are slow to build, very frustrating. my last JLU that i ordered took 3 weeks from order to delivery, and i know they told me it takes about 6-8 weeks but i was expecting the same for this one.
Yeah i dont understand why it is taking so long if they have all the parts for the build. When other models have all parts and go into the factory right away.

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
4xe Rubicon
Granite Crystal
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical
Safety
Steel bumpers
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Premium Black Sunrider
Ordered 4/27 and told 6-8 weeks
Build Sheet 6/2
Window Sticker 6/20
6/24 in shipping with dealer ETA
Currently in shipping
ETA at dealer 6/29-7/13
My dealer said mid-July

Nine weeks today. Looks like it will be a couple more.
Not sure that I would order a vehicle again. Instead I would just keep looking around until I find something close to what I want. The waiting is too painful.

jam_at_msu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Sport, 3.6L, soft top, manual transmission, billet silver, anti-spin differential, all-terrain tires, tinted windows, trailer tow, A/C, rock rails. Ordered 6/4, entered JB status 6/26. Nobody can give me any information on the reason for the delay or when a shipping date might be assigned.
No rhyme or reason - I ordered my the day before (6/3), Sport, 3.6L, manual trans, hydro blue, hard top. Mine hasn't even begun the build. :/

Advertisement

Advertisement