JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
After 17 days (11 business) in "build completed and waiting quality inspections," and escalating to get a Jeff who told me nothing, today my vehicle was moved to "pending installation of additional equipment." I did not get an update from Jeff but from another jeep chat check.

I ordered premium soft top, proximity keyless, cold weather group. Do they need to remove and install a different steering wheel? Different seats? What equipment are they installing after build? Did they say "built pending inspections" for 2 weeks while it sat without handles because they hadn't installed the proximity keyless entry??? Does that just mean putting the soft top on??

They can't tell me what additional equipment or an ETA, still. Any followup questions and they told me to check with my dealer.

So I did, and he said "shipped to vendor" and apologized for the increased wait times.

Back to jeep chat, who said "pending installation of additional equipment" and so I tried to clarify based on my dealer's info. He ended the chat. Fuck Michael.

So I called customer care and got a great agent who was willing to explain things, but you never know if they actually know what they are talking about. He said that the status he was seeing was "shipped to vendor" which I asked to clarify and he said that meant it was being shipped to the dealership.

Considering I don't have a sticker or an ETA, I'm wary of that interpretation. Does shipped to vendor mean shipped to dealership?

I'm sure this wouldn't matter as much if I was trading one jeep for another, but I'm driving an old beater civic right now and eager to get into a wrangler (I mean, a wrangler that's mine at least) for the first time in 5 years.

Advertisement

JeepLeap

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
This tracking is incredible!

Question: how common is it for the date order to be wrong? My VIN lists the date order as being 10 days off - instead of 6/14, it says 6/4. Probably a type-o.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
They can't tell me what additional equipment or an ETA, still. Any followup questions and they told me to check with my dealer.

So I did, and he said "shipped to vendor" and apologized for the increased wait times.
This is where I have been sitting for the past 58 days. My ordering dealer has not been able to get an answer, and told me I'm not his only long standing order he is having trouble with. We sold our prior Jeep as the build started off fairly quickly we felt since we were originally told 6-8 weeks.

We have a Jeep Jamboree coming up that we are probably going to have to cancel. Of course, I'm sure once I cancel, the Jeep will get delivered. That's generally how my luck goes... lol. I''m trying not to get to worked up over it, but the wait is killing me now that I don't have a Jeep to drive.

We ordered a really loaded Jeep, so its weird that yours is held up as well. Did you get the reinforced tailgate hinge by chance? My build is LilRock... build sheet is pretty lengthy.

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
This is where I have been sitting for the past 58 days. My ordering dealer has not been able to get an answer, and told me I'm not his only long standing order he is having trouble with. We sold our prior Jeep as the build started off fairly quickly we felt since we were originally told 6-8 weeks.

We have a Jeep Jamboree coming up that we are probably going to have to cancel. Of course, I'm sure once I cancel, the Jeep will get delivered. That's generally how my luck goes... lol. I''m trying not to get to worked up over it, but the wait is killing me now that I don't have a Jeep to drive.

We ordered a really loaded Jeep, so its weird that yours is held up as well. Did you get the reinforced tailgate hinge by chance? My build is LilRock... build sheet is pretty lengthy.
Sorry to hear that you are having such a long wait! My dealer also told me 6-8 weeks, over 8 weeks ago. Did you get the Premium Sunrider Soft Top? I am wondering if that is the hold up for me - no reinforced tailgate hinge.

Sponsored

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
So I finally got a sticker! I think it is finally moving. I did escalate on Tuesday and got the below response.... you guessed it.... from Jeff. The interesting thing, even though most of the email is the same as others the middle was different. I wonder if this is a candid response where the middle does actually change for what status you are in. Today (well last night) the sticker showed up. I'm only 2.5 hrs away from Toledo so I'm hoping my 2 month wait is about over..... IDK if escalating did help or if it just was the same time it would have shipped anyhow IDK

Hello Mrs. R,

I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Jeep Wrangler!

My name is Jeff and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.

At this present time, your vehicle is progressing through the shipping network en-route to your ordering dealer. Given the early stages of shipping, an estimated delivery window is not yet available to share.
I have reached out to our logistics teams to ensure your order remains prioritized for delivery as well as to gather an estimated delivery window to share further with you. I hope to have additional news and updates to provide soon.

I will be following up with you for your order updates as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order. Additional email responses received will be queued and responded to within this time-frame. If you require immediate assistance pertaining to any ordering questions or concerns, we encourage you to speak with your ordering dealership who is your best resource for any ordering questions you may have related to your factory order.

Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Jeep Family!

Sincerely,

Jeff
Jeep Information Center

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
After 17 days (11 business) in "build completed and waiting quality inspections," and escalating to get a Jeff who told me nothing, today my vehicle was moved to "pending installation of additional equipment." I did not get an update from Jeff but from another jeep chat check.

I ordered premium soft top, proximity keyless, cold weather group. Do they need to remove and install a different steering wheel? Different seats? What equipment are they installing after build? Did they say "built pending inspections" for 2 weeks while it sat without handles because they hadn't installed the proximity keyless entry??? Does that just mean putting the soft top on??

Back to jeep chat, who said "pending installation of additional equipment" and so I tried to clarify based on my dealer's info. He ended the chat. Fuck Michael.

So I called customer care and got a great agent who was willing to explain things, but you never know if they actually know what they are talking about. He said that the status he was seeing was "shipped to vendor" which I asked to clarify and he said that meant it was being shipped to the dealership.

Considering I don't have a sticker or an ETA, I'm wary of that interpretation. Does shipped to vendor mean shipped to dealership?

I'm sure this wouldn't matter as much if I was trading one jeep for another, but I'm driving an old beater civic right now and eager to get into a wrangler (I mean, a wrangler that's mine at least) for the first time in 5 years.
To be honest I thought return to vendor was when they sent the jeep to say the frame vendor or someplace to get something looked at or fixed. The reason I say this the dealership wouldn't be Jeeps vendor, they are their dealer or their customer. But vendors supply parts and not the other way around.

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
JLUR

Sarge green
3.6 manual
Black hard top
Body colored flares
Saddle learher
Single doors
Safety and advanced safety
8.4 Alpine stereo
Proximity key
Towing
Cold weather
Trail camera
Remote proximity entry
LED lighting

No gorilla glass
No headliner

Ordered- 05/25
VON- 05/25
VIN- 05/26
D1- 05/28 with ship date of 06/15
F- 06/11
JeepChat gave me an estimated arrival window from 06/21-07/05.

Just got an email from my dearer saying it was delivered yesterday (06/22) while he was off. Hoping to pick it up today!

jgoldenFLA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU currently - awaiting del of '21 JLU Sport S
Finally!!! The wait is over. My buddy text me this am and said my Wrangler had been dropped at the dealership at about 11pm last night. Got a call from the salesperson this morning about 1045 telling me it just showed up haha. I asked him to have service be sure the fuses are all seated (thanks guys) and to not put any stickers/badging on it at all. Hoping to pick her up this evening! Friday would have been 7 weeks. Not terrible... I will readily admit that finding this thread both helped and led to my anxiousness/eagerness etc lol. Good luck to all of you still waiting for even longer - hope y'all get your new rides ASAP!

Ordered 5/7
Shipped 6/6
Dealership 6/23

JLU Sport S
White
Auto V6
Tow package
Alpine
Premium soft top
#Marley

Sponsored

justwheels

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hi all,

Great information on this string! Remembering the process when I ordered my 2015, ended up getting damage before shipping and had to start from scratch.

Completed order for Sahara Unlimited today
  • Hydro Blue
  • Auto Trans
  • V6
  • Body color top
  • Keyless entry
  • Safety group
  • Dual door group with premium uppers
  • 8.4 Radio Premium Audio
  • Cold weather group (even though I live in Florida :LOL:)
Have VON, no Vin yet of course.

Based on the above, anything in the order that might cause extended delays?

Figuring 6-8 weeks to delivery. (or worse 😳 )

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Hi all,

Great information on this string! Remembering the process when I ordered my 2015, ended up getting damage before shipping and had to start from scratch.

Completed order for Sahara Unlimited today
  • Hydro Blue
  • Auto Trans
  • V6
  • Body color top
  • Keyless entry
  • Safety group
  • Dual door group with premium uppers
  • 8.4 Radio Premium Audio
  • Cold weather group (even though I live in Florida :LOL:)
Have VON, no Vin yet of course.

Based on the above, anything in the order that might cause extended delays?

Figuring 6-8 weeks to delivery. (or worse 😳 )
The dual door group has been holding some up, but otherwise looks good.

Considering you went with the body color top on your Sahara, I'm curious as to why you didn't just go Sahara Altitude? With that build out, surely it was only a few hundred difference?

justwheels

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
The dual door group has been holding some up, but otherwise looks good.

Considering you went with the body color top on your Sahara, I'm curious as to why you didn't just go Sahara Altitude? With that build out, surely it was only a few hundred difference?
$3500 more ($39,495 - $43,090) and it had leather. I may want leather later, but it will be custom not factory.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Sorry to hear that you are having such a long wait! My dealer also told me 6-8 weeks, over 8 weeks ago. Did you get the Premium Sunrider Soft Top? I am wondering if that is the hold up for me - no reinforced tailgate hinge.
I did not order the soft top, but did order dual door group with standard black hardtop top.

Advertisement

Advertisement