Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
There can be several reasons "built" Wranglers sit.

Logistics-It depends on what part of the country the vehicle is going to. Remote areas or areas with fewer orders for Wranglers usually wait longer. They will not transport partially filled transport vehicles. They need to completely fill a truck or train before shipping. A entire truck or train car can be held up for weeks or months if there is single space left on the truck or train car.

Parts or accessories- Many options are installed by a 3rd party after the vehicle is built on the main line. I believe options like the head liners are installed by a 3rd party. They are trucked to a 3rd party company a few miles away for these options then trucked back to the shipping lot afterwards. It is not uncommon for trucks to sit in limbo at the 3rd party company if parts are not available. They sit and wait for whatever is needed. This can be weeks or months if parts are delayed. They get shipped back to the main parking lot for cross country delivery after they get whatever options installed.

Quality Control-There a hundreds if not thousands of brand new Wranglers that failed quality control. They have defects after coming off the line. They are parked and need to wait for repairs. These defects have to be repaired before transported to dealers. Vehicles can wait to be repaired for a long time for a couple of reasons. Parts availability or there is not a mechanic available to work on it. The factory has union mechanics that repair the defects but there simply is not enough of them to keep up. FCA also hires contractors to repair factory defects but they really do not know the product as well as the full time union mechanics. Some of these repairs need more than one try which adds time. I can see some of the cars waiting longer than usual for parts during this shortage.
This all makes sense but someone at Jeep knows what is holding mine up - couldnā€™t they share more info in this age of technology?

Advertisement

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
This all makes sense but someone at Jeep knows what is holding mine up - couldnā€™t they share more info in this age of technology?
What worries me is the "not passing" inspection part and having to wait on someone to fix the issue. 5 weeks in "I"...seriously, Jeep?!

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
PS the two Jeeps pictured just above this were ordered a full month AFTER mine and I still donā€™t even have a dealer ETA. Plenty of new Jeeps driving around this part of MA so I doubt itā€™s a shipping issue.

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
What worries me is the "not passing" inspection part and having to wait on someone to fix the issue. 5 weeks in "I"...seriously, Jeep?!
Yes! Are we waiting all this time to get lemons??

Sponsored

Bku9929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
Congrats! I ordered the exact same exterior as yours. Mine ordered 0n 5/28- in transit. Any initial issues noticed? After reading various forums about some people having major issues I have a heightened level of anxiety.
It now has a grand total of 18 miles on it - so not yet. I did tell my dealer to make sure his service department checked the fuses to ensure they were seated properly.

Blakex103

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
2021 Willys
Ordered: 6/14
VIN: 6/21
All parts in and build ā€œvery soonā€: 6/22

Is that a good sign or exactly how soon is ā€œvery soonā€ and HOW long do builds usually take?
That means it will either be in your driveway within the next 15 mins OR you wonā€™t have it till Christmas šŸ˜„.
There is no real prediction for what that means. I ordered 5/13 2021 Willys 4dr (really base) and was in D1 for 5 weeks. Just got notified it is ā€œpaintā€ today.
Good luck!

dookiehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2021 2 door Rubicon
Ordered: 6/5
VIN: ???
D1 Status: 6/18
Expected Ship Date: 7/8

Really hoping to get this by mid-July (however unreasonable that may be). This is my first Jeep and the excitement is killing me!

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
2021 2 door Rubicon
Ordered: 6/5
VIN: ???
D1 Status: 6/18
Expected Ship Date: 7/8

Really hoping to get this by mid-July (however unreasonable that may be). This is my first Jeep and the excitement is killing me!
What options did you have? That's quick for order to D1!

First Name
Sydney and Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Sahara Snazzberry
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a build on the way and the wait is almost excruciating. This is our first Jeep EVER, but it's been on my wish list since I was a teenager. I can't believe it's actually happening, but it sure is happening slowly. :whew:

We built a 2021 Snazzberry Unlimited Sahara in Foley, Alabama. Most of the bells and whistles. Three-piece hard top. Fender flares and body color top.

Order date: 5/25
VIN: 5/28

Aaaaand that's all I've got. I contact Jeep Chat every few days and I always get "your Jeep is in the scheduling phase. Check back in a week." It's been 3 and a half weeks, so we're getting antsy. I know a lot of you have been waiting much longer, but I expected SOME kind of movement after three weeks. Especially after seeing some of the May orders close to completion here in the forum.

Anyway, this forum has been incredibly helpful. My girlfriend and I browse it daily and we've gotten so many great tips and advice! You are all so respectful and helpful.

We can't wait to share our build with you all! ......eventually. :fingerscrossed:
Jeep Chat just informed us that they are "showing parts have been gathered and the vehicle should be entering the build process soon." We are SO excited for this tiny bit of movement because we're four weeks in and they've been "gathering parts" for what feels like FOREVER.

Day 28 and we're hoping for a build sheet so soon! Maybe this week? :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

JeepLeap

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
That means it will either be in your driveway within the next 15 mins OR you wonā€™t have it till Christmas šŸ˜„.
There is no real prediction for what that means. I ordered 5/13 2021 Willys 4dr (really base) and was in D1 for 5 weeks. Just got notified it is ā€œpaintā€ today.
Good luck!
What is D1 and what are the different phases?

Capsicle

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
PS the two Jeeps pictured just above this were ordered a full month AFTER mine and I still donā€™t even have a dealer ETA. Plenty of new Jeeps driving around this part of MA so I doubt itā€™s a shipping issue.
I'm also waiting for a shipment to MA. Original eta to dealer. 6/21-7/5 just updated today to 7/5-7/13. It was shipped on a rail 6/13. Ordered 5/13. Finished build 6/8. It's crazy!! šŸ¤”šŸ™„šŸ˜

Advertisement

Advertisement