JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
This isn't the channel to complain about JeepCares. Please keep it technical. From threads I frequent (in the last mere nine months), people report positive outcomes when contacting @JeepCares and as everyone here has already, repeatedly, recently indicated: You can escalate through Jeep chat (which they currently don't allow before 45 or 50dy), or through your dealer (if they're responsive), and eventually maybe followup with JeepCares if you feel like the escalation isn't working. That's something that happens "60 days after ordering", not three weeks. Just calm down and :tumbleweed:

Advertisement

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Look kids, I post weekly graphs (and tables for those who can't read graphs), but something isn't working. Let's try this:

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 5dsetu

You ain't getting your Jeep in 27 days. Now just stay calm and if you like puzzle games send me a private message and I'll send you the new one I just made so you have something to do for the next four weeks.

I'm pulling for you; we're all in this together. :tumbleweed:

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
How reliable is Jeep status once in shipping? I’ve been in shipping for two weeks. I have an eta of 6/16 - 6/30, but my dealer says it’s still sitting at mopar in Ohio. Dealer also says it hasn’t moved out of KZS status.
Once it's in shipping it's more reliable to get the status from your dealer than from the jeep chat. The next status after KZ S is KZ T "second rail departure". NJ isn't that far from OH and there's plenty of time left, so they can still make the window they gave you. I wouldn't worry.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
First want to say I feel for you folks that have been waiting weeks upon weeks. Hope you can hang in there, seeing your new Jeep will be worth it. But at the same time there must be a better communication system put in place. Here goes my approximate time line.
Granite JLUR
Order placed 5/20
VON 5/21
VIN 5/22
Build 6/1
SB 6/7
Ship 6/10
LZ 6/12
LTZ 6/14
Dealer received 6/17

2.0, auto, prem stitched leather, steel bumper, safety group, color fenders, prem radio, cold weather,LED, proximity

NO GG

good luck to all and thank you to those that helped this Jeep newbie.
Just goes to show. No rhyme or reason. I ordered a 2.0 Rubi on 5/15, 5 days before, same options as you but White. I'm still in the "Paint Stage". Congrats!!

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I get that I shouldn't expect my jeep in 30 days. I was aware of that when I placed the order and I was fine with it. I just get surprisingly upset that others are being built in a shorter time frame than mine, because it makes almost no sense and they (Jeep chat/customer care) don't have any intention of ever giving you a real reason as to why. People who placed their order days after mine

I ordered a 4xe rubicon in billet silver with a premium soft top, cold weather, proximity keyless, that's it.

Order place 4/29
D1 and back to D then back to D1 for around a month. 6/1 assembly, 6/3 painting, 6/4 waiting for inspection.

6/18 still waiting for inspection. Waiting for inspection for 2 weeks, knowing the car is done and that it will need to be shipped for at least 2 weeks as well is super frustrating. Especially when others ordered the same rubicon 4xe with more features and got it way in advance of mine, even though they ordered AFTER I placed mine. This makes 7 weeks since order and it hasn't shipped yet, so the 7-9 week order time frame seems less and less likely.

Meanwhile people who ordered days or weeks after me have their vehicles or stickers already. It just don't make no sense. It's not worth getting upset over, but at the same time I am.

Sponsored

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
I just emailed my sales rep. I figured the ball was in the assembly plant's court, so I would pester them. This poor guy's job is just to get sales orders written. Now he's going to have to deal with my lack of patience.
I don't think asking him to hop onto the FCA page once a week or something and let you know what he sees is too much to ask or all that burdensome. As long as you're not bugging him every day, it's just part of his job.

I touched base with my salesman about 4 times during the month it took to get mine. If I wanted details more frequently, I asked Jeep Chat.

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
JS storage for 17 days. Dealership says it is waiting on an additional part, not freight, and jeep chat says it is complete-not a part, waiting on additional inspections or room on train. No one knows anything.

This could very well be the semiconductor ship shortage. I know Ford is building F-150's and then parking them in huge lots while they wait for chips to come in. When chips arrive, they'll install them and then get them shipping.

I can't say for sure this is happening with Jeep, but I'd expect these weird "built but waiting on X" type updates if it were. They do the same type of thing with other part shortages from time to time, too. As well as if there is a quality issue they are investigating. They quarantine builds which could be affected, then release them when they know the issue doesn't affect that vehicle.

In other words, could be a number of things. Hopefully short term. Things are weird in 2020-21. Just gotta roll with the punches.

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
Just got email notification that my build sticker was found! Awesome. Of course when I click the link isn't working yet, but from what I've read here it may take a few hours for it to update. Either way, excited!

Ordered 5/15, Built on 5/28, Went into "Storage" (apparently waiting on a chip) on 5/28, Sticker found 6/18.

4xE Rubicon Hydro Blue, Body Colored Fenders, Remote entry, Steel Bumpers, Leather, Safety and Advanced Safety, SOT Top, Trailer Tow, Trail Rail Mgmt, All Weather Mats

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Well, got impatient again, and decided to reach out to Jeep Chat today. It’s been 12 days since I opened our case with no updates in the meantime. Glad I reached out, but it still doesn’t answer my question about what’s holding up my build. Hopefully not much longer.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking A704C9FB-2235-4712-A831-3E686F280816

Sponsored

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
What is with the nickname part? What is it asking for?

Jrizza

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting....
I get jealous as well and feel bad about it but I think it's reasonable to feel that way. I also think if my Jeep comes sooner than all those who ordered before me I'll feel badly.

This is my first post and my first Jeep - I've been hesitating to post here but feel I should contribute since I have gotten so much great information from reading through these forums the past few weeks:

2021 Granite Unlimited Sport
3.6L v6
Manual Transmission
Hard Top, All-weather mats (regretting after seeing a recent post), 'deep tint' windows

Ordered: 5/14
VIN: not really sure but first found out about it 5/25 with "estimated ship date" of 6/5
Window sticker: 6/1 (build sheet showed up 2 days later)
Shipped: 6/7
Estimated Arrival: 6/10-6/24

I thought it would arrive on or before 6/10 since I'm in (eastern) PA which seems like it's within the first several stops out of the factory on the train. According to my dealer it was delivered to a rail yard near here 6/14 waiting for the truck to pick it up.
Delivered and picked up yesterday. Growing up as a Jewish kid in a Catholic neighborhood, I finally got to experience for myself what Xmas felt like.

5F89B36F-1C12-4876-B4BF-1F7C2AD0EB80.jpeg

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
same options as you but White. I'm still in the "Paint Stage".
Black paint jobs are easier, you just go around the factory looking for leftover buckets of green, orange, blue... mix them all together, done. Have you ever tried to make white paint?

:bandit:

Advertisement

Advertisement