JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Scott_B

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti EX37
I am in the same boat ordered on 5/29/21 and still stuck in d status as of today. What did you order? i am curious if there is any overlap between our builds. I ordered a sarge green willys unlimited. Soft top, cloth seats, technology package, and led lights.
I ordered a 2D Willys for my son on 5/26, got the VIN next day and nothing since. Have not seen many 2D or any Willys move in the last few weeks. JC just says gathering parts, dealer wont even call me back.
When i ordered my Sahara in 2019 it was 3 weeks to the day from order to delivery, was hoping for the same but not the case at all.

Advertisement

NickAmalf

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Willys Wrangler
I ordered a 2D Willys for my son on 5/26, got the VIN next day and nothing since. Have not seen many 2D or any Willys move in the last few weeks. JC just says gathering parts, dealer wont even call me back.
When i ordered my Sahara in 2019 it was 3 weeks to the day from order to delivery, was hoping for the same but not the case at all.
Wouldn't that be amazing!? Yeah i am not sure what is holding up the WIllys right now. I am getting the same message as you from JC. I honestly wouldn't mind waiting if i could get an estimation for when it would go in to production, or at least be informed on what part(s) are holding it up.

Mountaineep

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Toyota Tacoma, '21 Willys Sport (On Order)
Occupation
Mining Engineer
Hello All,

I ordered my first Jeep on 5/15. As of today, Jeep chat is saying they are still gathering parts for a JLU Willys Sport with the only options being sill plates and a tow package. On 6/2, they said the Jeep was in scheduling status and would be entering the assembly line soon. In another chat prior to that, they said all parts were ready. I failed to save that one though.

I really expected the build to go quickly since I wasn't adding a bunch of optional equipment and was hoping shipment to be speedy as well since I'm only about 3 hours from the plant.

I've seen some talk on here of escalating inquiries, so I gave that a shot. The Jeep chat rep said I would have to be in the same status another week, but could not give me the code of the status I am in. She did also say she had seen no changes to my status since my order was placed.

I can't tell if this seems like the D1 to D regression, or if I'm just getting jerked around. It seems like just about everyone here is far more knowledgeable on this whole process and I was wondering if anyone had some tips, or suggestions on getting a straight answer on what's actually happening with my Jeep. Thanks in advance, but judging from some of the posts I'm seeing, it looks like I might be in the dark until my dealer calls me to pick it up.
It seems the Willys Sport is a slow one overall from what I can tell on here. I’m still in D with a 2 door ordered in late March.

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
So I have an old friend who is heavily into Jeep and has worked at a dealership in KS as long as I've known him. I reached out last night and he let me know he could track a vehicle no matter the dealer. So he looked this morning for me. Late afternoon yesterday, my dealer said "if all goes well, should be here by end of this month". In other words... stop bugging me. Well my buddy sent me a screen shot that shows "railcar unload' at the Tampa rail yard yesterday at 12:08pm.!! Booom. My wife just drove past the dealership coming from an appointment and said there are several JLs and Gladiators on the lot now. Totally resisting the urge to start blowing them up now lol! Removing pegs, mirrors and replacing doors on the JKU now .... waiting for the call lol.
So can you ask your old friend about GG delays?:clap:

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Indeed the chip shortages and other things are continuing to cause overall delays for at least 40% of builds.
percentiles-request-to-build.png
I'm just a dumb marketing guy, but use, read and create data graphs all the time -- but I don't quite understand what this chart is showing. Can you elaborate at all? What are the p20,40, 60, 80, 90, 95 in the legend for instance?

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS

Bku9929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
How reliable is Jeep status once in shipping? I’ve been in shipping for two weeks. I have an eta of 6/16 - 6/30, but my dealer says it’s still sitting at mopar in Ohio. Dealer also says it hasn’t moved out of KZS status.

Sponsored

Jerseygirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge
Granite Willy, w/Convenience grp, Cold weather grp, Tech grp - I am hoping my dealer was right and it is being built next week.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
What status are you in?
you know… that’s a great f*cking question at this point 😂… I don’t even know since I was told it was in storage awaiting additional accessories or whatnot… Watch… it’s probably some dumbass option I could easily do without, but I can’t even make a change at this point. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I'm just a dumb marketing guy, but use, read and create data graphs all the time -- but I don't quite understand what this chart is showing. Can you elaborate at all? What are the p20,40, 60, 80, 90, 95 in the legend for instance?
Check my weekend posts. There's a ton of links to the various data and descriptions. :bandit:

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
Yesterday was day 51 and requested a case be opened with Jeep Chat. They did open a case and provided a case number. I was going to wait 48 hours to ask for an update on the case as I was told 1- 2 business days but today I received the following:

Hello Mr. Oliver,

I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Jeep Wrangler 4xe!

My name is Jeff and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.

At this present time, your vehicle is built and is presently pending shipment via the next available shipping carrier. I have reached out to our logistics teams to ensure your order remains prioritized for delivery as well as to gather an estimated delivery window to share further with you. I hope to have additional delivery updates to share with you soon.

I will be following up with you for your order updates as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order. Additional email responses received will be queued and responded to within this time-frame. If you require immediate assistance pertaining to any ordering questions or concerns, we encourage you to speak with your ordering dealership who is your best resource for any ordering questions you may have related to your factory order.

Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Jeep Family!

Sincerely,

---This at the very least states it's waiting on shipment and not being held for additional inspections or parts as I was previously communicated via Jeep Chat. I guess I'm leaning towards being a little more excited now.
This is basically saying “don’t call us, we’ll call you”😂

I will be following up with you for your order updates as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order. Additional email responses received will be queued and responded to within this time-frame.

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, Ford Explorer Platinum
you know… that’s a great f*cking question at this point 😂… I don’t even know since I was told it was in storage awaiting additional accessories or whatnot… Watch… it’s probably some dumbass option I could easily do without, but I can’t even make a change at this point. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄
JS storage for 17 days. Dealership says it is waiting on an additional part, not freight, and jeep chat says it is complete-not a part, waiting on additional inspections or room on train. No one knows anything.

Advertisement

Advertisement