JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
First want to say I feel for you folks that have been waiting weeks upon weeks. Hope you can hang in there, seeing your new Jeep will be worth it. But at the same time there must be a better communication system put in place. Here goes my approximate time line.
Granite JLUR
Order placed 5/20
VON 5/21
VIN 5/22
Build 6/1
SB 6/7
Ship 6/10
LZ 6/12
LTZ 6/14
Dealer received 6/17

2.0, auto, prem stitched leather, steel bumper, safety group, color fenders, prem radio, cold weather,LED, proximity

NO GG

good luck to all and thank you to those that helped this Jeep newbie.
Thanks for the positive vibes.
I've said it elsewhere on this forum but at this point everyone at FCA/Stellantis can kiss my pimply ass. Their customer service/relations is an embarrassment as is their contradictory communication. As far as I'm concerned this was the first and last time I will ever deal with this joke of a company. They've turned what should have been an exciting and happy buying experience into a shamble because of their arrogance. I've gone from elation to excitememt to frustration to disappointment to indifference to utter contempt. At this point I don't think I'll ever see the Jeep we ordered. Thanks FCA!
Rant over.
Hope everyone enjoys their Jeeps if and when they get them.

Advertisement

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
I hope the preliminary information is incorrect on RAVENN, because I ordered a 392, not a 2.0 Sport.

Dave_O

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport Unlimited [on order]
Hello All,

I ordered my first Jeep on 5/15. As of today, Jeep chat is saying they are still gathering parts for a JLU Willys Sport with the only options being sill plates and a tow package. On 6/2, they said the Jeep was in scheduling status and would be entering the assembly line soon. In another chat prior to that, they said all parts were ready. I failed to save that one though.

I really expected the build to go quickly since I wasn't adding a bunch of optional equipment and was hoping shipment to be speedy as well since I'm only about 3 hours from the plant.

I've seen some talk on here of escalating inquiries, so I gave that a shot. The Jeep chat rep said I would have to be in the same status another week, but could not give me the code of the status I am in. She did also say she had seen no changes to my status since my order was placed.

I can't tell if this seems like the D1 to D regression, or if I'm just getting jerked around. It seems like just about everyone here is far more knowledgeable on this whole process and I was wondering if anyone had some tips, or suggestions on getting a straight answer on what's actually happening with my Jeep. Thanks in advance, but judging from some of the posts I'm seeing, it looks like I might be in the dark until my dealer calls me to pick it up.

Blakex103

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Hello All,

I ordered my first Jeep on 5/15. As of today, Jeep chat is saying they are still gathering parts for a JLU Willys Sport with the only options being sill plates and a tow package. On 6/2, they said the Jeep was in scheduling status and would be entering the assembly line soon. In another chat prior to that, they said all parts were ready. I failed to save that one though.

I really expected the build to go quickly since I wasn't adding a bunch of optional equipment and was hoping shipment to be speedy as well since I'm only about 3 hours from the plant.

I've seen some talk on here of escalating inquiries, so I gave that a shot. The Jeep chat rep said I would have to be in the same status another week, but could not give me the code of the status I am in. She did also say she had seen no changes to my status since my order was placed.

I can't tell if this seems like the D1 to D regression, or if I'm just getting jerked around. It seems like just about everyone here is far more knowledgeable on this whole process and I was wondering if anyone had some tips, or suggestions on getting a straight answer on what's actually happening with my Jeep. Thanks in advance, but judging from some of the posts I'm seeing, it looks like I might be in the dark until my dealer calls me to pick it up.
We are in almost the EXACT same spot. Ordered 5/13 Willys sport, very base.
Just in Indianapolis so only a few hours from the plant in Ohio.

still in D1 status which I’ve been in for3 weeks and no one has any clue on expected production or delivery time. Jeep chat told me to not check back for 3 weeks when I asked for a status on Monday. Sounds like they know something but won’t come out and give details for some reason.

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
Hello All,

I would talk to your dealer. Mine was able to tell me exactly what was going on with a much higher degree of detail and accuracy than Jeep Chat. I have no idea why that is, or why they wouldn't be using the same system, but it is what it is.

Your dealer can see the exact codes, and would likely be able to better explain what is going on (if anyone can). It does sound like yours was regressed.

Sponsored

Dave_O

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just emailed my sales rep. I figured the ball was in the assembly plant's court, so I would pester them. This poor guy's job is just to get sales orders written. Now he's going to have to deal with my lack of patience.

Dave_O

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are in almost the EXACT same spot. Ordered 5/13 Willys sport, very base.
Just in Indianapolis so only a few hours from the plant in Ohio.

still in D1 status which I’ve been in for3 weeks and no one has any clue on expected production or delivery time. Jeep chat told me to not check back for 3 weeks when I asked for a status on Monday. Sounds like they know something but won’t come out and give details for some reason.
It seems like the higher dollar builds are moving along more smoothly.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
Yeah, over here… lol… ordered 3/30 and was all going well, until ~4/27, when we got the build sheet… now… just 🦗🦗 … dealer informed me I’m not his only long standing order he’s been having issues getting…. Must be something I ordered, but I don’t know what exactly…
What status are you in?

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I am waiting in JS and have ordered the rear tire reinforcement
I'm in JS and my dealer said that means its ready to ship but waiting on a truck (we are close so it will be trucked and not by rail). Jeep Chat doesn't give me a code but says it hasn't been released by the plant yet waiting either delivery requirements or additional inspections.... I'm soooooooo tired of all of this. 4/27 order date and no didn't get reinforced hinges, did get the front camera.

jgoldenFLA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU currently - awaiting del of '21 JLU Sport S
JeepChat told me on 6/10 that it is in shipping status.

And yes that time was specific - I kinda wondered if the sales guy just made it up! 😂😂😂

So I have an old friend who is heavily into Jeep and has worked at a dealership in KS as long as I've known him. I reached out last night and he let me know he could track a vehicle no matter the dealer. So he looked this morning for me. Late afternoon yesterday, my dealer said "if all goes well, should be here by end of this month". In other words... stop bugging me. Well my buddy sent me a screen shot that shows "railcar unload' at the Tampa rail yard yesterday at 12:08pm.!! Booom. My wife just drove past the dealership coming from an appointment and said there are several JLs and Gladiators on the lot now. Totally resisting the urge to start blowing them up now lol! Removing pegs, mirrors and replacing doors on the JKU now .... waiting for the call lol.

Sponsored

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
Thanks for the positive vibes.
I've said it elsewhere on this forum but at this point everyone at FCA/Stellantis can kiss my pimply ass. Their customer service/relations is an embarrassment as is their contradictory communication. As far as I'm concerned this was the first and last time I will ever deal with this joke of a company. They've turned what should have been an exciting and happy buying experience into a shamble because of their arrogance. I've gone from elation to excitememt to frustration to disappointment to indifference to utter contempt. At this point I don't think I'll ever see the Jeep we ordered. Thanks FCA!
Rant over.
Hope everyone enjoys their Jeeps if and when they get them.
I am in the indifference stage, starting to slide into utter contempt. Are you going to cancel your order?

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the indifference stage, starting to slide into utter contempt. Are you going to cancel your order?
No, not unless they cancel it first.
I have a Canadian order so I expect a delay, but 5 months post order and in D status for 5 weeks now is a little unacceptable IMO.

Last edited:

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
Plus it has me wondering, is this thing going to be a lemon? Does it keep failing these potential additional inspections? Or is it just waiting for a part? Or is my dealer way down on the totem pole? Or is it just now buried so deep in Jeep Storage that they don’t bother to pull it out when filling a rail car for MA? Some info would go a long way for unhappy Jeep Order long haulers! Does @JeepCares actually care?

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plus it has me wondering, is this thing going to be a lemon? Does it keep failing these potential additional inspections? Or is it just waiting for a part? Or is my dealer way down on the totem pole? Or is it just now buried so deep in Jeep Storage that they don’t bother to pull it out when filling a rail car for MA? Some info would go a long way for unhappy Jeep Order long haulers! Does @JeepCares actually care?
@JeepCares is as useless as a knitted condom.

NickAmalf

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Willys Wrangler
@theymustbetrippin - I am in the same boat! I ordered 5/29/21 left the dealership with my VIN # and VON # in D status. I checked with chat every couple days. I thought I was ahead of the game a bit. nope. According to dealer, he was told it's scheduled to be built next week and that they are waiting on a few to be shipped to them in the next 2-3 weeks. ( to NJ) No clue what that will mean for me but I am very impatient since this is my first Jeep as well and it's summer.
I am in the same boat ordered on 5/29/21 and still stuck in d status as of today. What did you order? i am curious if there is any overlap between our builds. I ordered a sarge green willys unlimited. Soft top, cloth seats, technology package, and led lights.

Advertisement

Advertisement